Good news from the Great Man

Remove this Banner Ad

"His lucrative contract expires at the end of next season, but Grant has made it clear he would be prepared to walk away and forfeit the cash if he thought he was not contributing."

I don't think there is any other person in the AFL with a greater integrity than Chris.

How many other Players or Coaches (!) would be prepared to fall on their swords if they were not performing? Or is the lure of the mighty dollar too great for most.

What great news! I have mentioned my admiration for Chris Grant before on this board. He is one athlete I would follow to the ends of the earth to see play (and indeed I have!) We have been blessed to have him at our club. It will be a sad day when we no longer can take his presence on the ground for granted. LOL I didn't even plan the pun!:p

We really need Chris to reach his 300th and stay another season.

I raised the whole issue of Chris Grant staying on with the club for season 2005 and the likely scenarios/ramifications for other players in the squad on another forum so I might copy it here.

Originally posted by Cyberdoggie
maybe he should be captain coach next year?

couldn't do worse!
As posted in anther thread, I think he would be a great captain-assistant coach next year!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back