FTA-TV Good Omens

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 31, 2012
Pining for the fjords
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
******* stupid game
A six part serial released last Friday, based on the classic book by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman, with the screenplay written by Gaiman.

Two episodes in and geez it's good. David Tennant and Michael Sheen are superb as the demon and angel. Frances McDormand's narrative as God gives it a sort of 'Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy' feel.

Highly recommended!

Finished this a couple of days ago and I absolutely loved it.

I finished last night. Yep, loved it.

goodomens-360x240.jpg

Tennant and Sheen were good, the child actors were surprisingly pretty good. Did not much care for the rest, especially the narration which managed to butcher every single one of Pratchett's punchlines, and they cut the best scene of the book (Death playing the trivia game at the bikie bar).

The four horsemen were high school play level actors, and they completely ignored the kid/horseman mirroring until the last minute which made it feel like an asspull.

Last edited:
Thought it was great early on before settling into being merely ok. Started strong but I kinda liked it less the longer it went, not quite sure why.

PS. I only heard about this show due to some Christian fundie mob trying to get it cancelled. Started a petition for Netflix for cancel it.. despite the show being on Amazon :tearsofjoy:

Would never have heard of it or watched it if not for that, good job guys lol

Loved it. David Tennant stole the show with his over acting and channeling of Bill Nighy. Only one brickbat - I thought the kid who played Adam the anti-christ was a bit wooden.

Is 'Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery Pulsifer' the best name for a character ever?

You would probably like this show if you liked Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back