Good Simpson episodes from season 11 onwards

Remove this Banner Ad

SolidTiger

Club Legend
Jan 26, 2007
10 Downing St
AFL Club
Richmond
Everybody has to agree that the early Simpsons seasons are the best, but I think there are some great episodes in the later seasons (season 11 onwards) even though there are rare.

My favourites that come to mind would have to be when Flanders wife dies, the episode where the Simpsons enter a tennis tournament, when the Who come to Springfield (when springfield is split into two), when the Nuclear power plant is outsourced to India, when homer is kidnapped and is held captive on the Island and when the Simpsons go to Brazil.

the tomacco episode is one of my favorites, also the one where Moe gets plastic surgery gave me a few chuckles, both from season 11. IMO 11 isn't actually that bad, same can't be said beyond this though

Behind the Laughter was probably the last high quality simpsons episode. Would've been the logical point to axe the series.

I just thought of another. When the Simpsons go to the country town where Lisa gets a crush on a boy there. I couldn't stop laughing when Flanders was singing along to a hate song about him that Homer made.

I also liked the episode when the simpsons were thrown in jail because Marge says she hates amarica. And also the episode where Suger is banned from Springfield.

In The Sweetest Apu in season 13, I laughed a lot when Homer freaks out and hops home backwards on the ladder after seeing Apu making out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the episode where they have to change there name to the thompsons.

That's 5th season. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cape_Feare

Looking through the episodes on wikipedia, these are the best 11 and onwards episodes:

Guess Who's Coming to Criticize Dinner? - season 11 (homer the food critic)
The tommacco one - 11
Mansion family (Homer lives in Burns mansion and they have the party on the boat)
Lisa does tap dancing
BEHIND THE LAUGHTER - great episode. Risky format but great.

Season 11 has some shockers but is ok overall.

Season 12
Homer as Mr X
Homer removes the crayon from his brain
Trilogy of Error (that episode where it's shown from the point of view of a few characters)

Season 13
Homer the Moe - moe runs a trendy bar
Burns in love
Half-Decent proposal (Artie Ziff pays money to go to the prom with Marge)
Grampa gets his license and impresses Zelda
Homer takes medicinal pot
Bart makes a internet comic

None of these are that great but a few that I liked. Still nowhere near the gold of previous seasons.

I can't be bothered going through them all now, they certainly die off after a while. One I can remember liking a fair bit was the one where Moe starts looking after Maggie.

I am Furious Yellow (season 13) is honestly have to be up there in the top 10 Simpsons episodes ever ... The one where Bart becomes an comic book artist who posts his work online, and he starts making 'Bartoons' about Homer as Angry Dad ...

That cameo by Stan Lee is also an Pisser ..

Looking through the episodes on wikipedia, these are the best 11 and onwards episodes:

Guess Who's Coming to Criticize Dinner? - season 11 (homer the food critic)
The tommacco one - 11
Mansion family (Homer lives in Burns mansion and they have the party on the boat)
Lisa does tap dancing
BEHIND THE LAUGHTER - great episode. Risky format but great.

Season 11 has some shockers but is ok overall.

Season 12
Homer as Mr X
Homer removes the crayon from his brain
Trilogy of Error (that episode where it's shown from the point of view of a few characters)

Season 13
Homer the Moe - moe runs a trendy bar
Burns in love
Half-Decent proposal (Artie Ziff pays money to go to the prom with Marge)
Grampa gets his license and impresses Zelda
Homer takes medicinal pot
Bart makes a internet comic

All of these listed are good episodes, but the bolded ones stand out the most for me. While we are at it I would like to throw in the episode where springfield builds an opera house that then becomes a prison where Homer is a snitch. Also where Krusty finds out he has a daughter.

one of my favourites from the last eight or ten years is the one when homer goes on a hunger strike after finding out the springfield isotopes are planning to move the team. fantastic ep

other good ones:
beyond blunderdome (mel gibson is awesome)
guess who's coming to criticize dinner?
pygmoelian
a tale of two springfields (love the who's appearance)
skinner's sense of snow
tennis the menace
how i spent my strummer vacation
i'm spelling as fast as i can
don't fear the roofer

I saw in todays paper that they've signed on with Fox for another 2 seasons and they plan to go on for more than 5. :(

IMO, the last truly great episode of The Simpsons was 'Lisa's Sax'.

Terrific and very funny episode with a character driven plot rather than focusing on zany antics and annoying celebrity appearances.

After that, the only one I really liked was The Cartridge Family.

There were a few funny gags in episodes after these ones, but like everyone else, just though it became silly, lame, boring and unfunny from then on.

I havent watched a new episode for about 5 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back