Review Good slain by Evil, 61 def by 85

Not the result we were after on a day of milestones

Have at it here

Mod note

If opposition fans do dare to enter in this thread, keep your posting in check because trolling and baiting won't be tolerated

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
Same s**t that’s been said for over a month now. It isn’t just a blimp on our season, there are some serious issues with our coaching department and our players.

We’re absolutely miles away from contending at this rate, we’re just pissing away a fantastic opportunity.

We look shot, my confidence in this team is shot, not much to look forward to I’m afraid.

bulletproof

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
We have become cautious with ball because we have too many defensive/poorly skilled players in side. Get some talented/skilful players back in the side, Narkle, Menegola, Constable.

Out: Atkins, Parsons, Stanley.

Atkins is beyond a joke now. I was willing to give Parsons a go, but never again. Stanley is costing us too much now.

Two options, Blicavs into ruck and Henderson (kicking!) back or Smith straight swap.

Jul 11, 2005
On the Road to A.G
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
This club just finds new ways to embarrass itself sometimes. From fans leaving early in the loss for Enrights milestone, to our coach bringing in potatoes and playing a dreadfully slow gameplan against a team who is an expert in slow gameplay.

Everything we did today perfectly suited Hawthorn.

Questions need to be asked.
Parsons is NOT AFL quality why force him into the team where he doesn't have a natural position?
Guthrie just isn't going to lift a midfield and try to get a win.
Stanley just isn't good enough. He had his yearly purple patch and is back to where he normally is. Smith MUST come back in.
Tuohy has been rough all year, not just post bye.

Our goal kicking has been utter garbage since the bye.
The gameplan has change dramatically since the bye.

Will Scott comment on any of this post match in his presser or will it be the usual?

The worst thing is that we'll probably finish on top still then roll over in the heat of finals like we have the last however many years. Then get mocked relentlessly by all

Such a waste of a season

Nov 12, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Been trash since the bye.
No surprises today what-so-ever, at best we will limp into the finals where we face a red hot Tigers in the QF who give us a bath on the way to a straight sets exit.
Worst case we continue losing and drop out of the top 4.
This bullshit talk of playing more conservative to keep the players fit and fresh for finals is exactly that, bullshit. You DO NOT flirt with form even if it is true.
When you play reactionary football designed to lose the contest you get what you deserve.

Just rubbish.

We really need to get Stanley out but have no better options. Achilles heel.

Taylor was good. Rarely beaten 1v1.

Despicable we needed to go 4 goals down to start taking the game on. It should be second nature and our go to plan.

Too many easy misses in the 3rd were costly.

_Game_

All Australian
Oct 30, 2010
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Like I am sure we all are, very disappointing. Most upsetting to me is once again selection. We have brought Parsons in in 3 different occasions if I remember correctly and every time he has burnt us. He just may not be up to it, so it should really stop now. I think we may see Smith in ruck the last few rounds as I am just not sure with Stanley. Few worries, not unfixable but concerning enough to make me feel uneasy.

Nov 12, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
The worst thing is that we'll probably finish on top still then roll over in the heat of finals like we have the last however many years. Then get mocked relentlessly by all

Such a waste of a season

IF it happens, and if I was a betting man I'd put money on it, then Scott and the MC have to go.
As simple as that.

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Bummer! Gotta say I underestimated the Hawks. Very well coached team.
Positives: Clark! Miers is a smart player, No injuries
Negatives: Too many! But just a few.
Ball movement obviously. Stanley on Mcevoy.
If Danger handballed more than he kicked he could be more valuable than he already is.
Saw a dude with a Guthrie you star banner in the cheersquad. Mad me a bit sad that he'll never ever be dropped and things probably won't be different this year after all.

If any other player was dishing up the trash Atkins is then people would be asking for their head. Has done nothing for 2 months and continues to get a pass. Doesn't kick goals, or set up anything, or touch the ball, and his so called 'pressure' doesn't mean he can gets away for doing absolutely nothing else. They should make some hard calls but we all know they won't and they'll go the soft route.

Nov 12, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Just rubbish.

We really need to get Stanley out but have no better options. Achilles heel.

Taylor was good. Rarely beaten 1v1.

Despicable we needed to go 4 goals down to start taking the game on. It should be second nature and our go to plan.

Too many easy misses in the 3rd were costly.

Our go to plan, according to Matt Scarlett, is exactly what we saw today. Watch what the opposition are going to do first and change to suit.
Nevermind by that stage you are facing a losing margin and it's insanely hard to just change systems half way through a game...

Slow slow boring. We now have a body of evidence post bye that we are average 2-3 from 5 and only home wins against lowly saints & struggling crows!
On the form ladder we are below lions, bombers, kangaroos, hawks , dogs, tigers etc...
More September embarrassment coming!

Back