Review Good slain by Evil, 61 def by 85

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't care how well he plays in the VFL, Parsons shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the seniors again.
Tuohy usually waits until the finals to **** the bed, now he doesn't even play well during H&A.
No idea why Atkins is still getting games.
May as well try Smith over Stanley but I doubt either will have any impact whatsoever in finals.

Being at the game, what i noticed was a lack of team intensity and care factor that these guys normally deliver in abundance.

1. Anyone who defends 2e needs to go to a shrink. He has been poor or worse for you long. Plays in the twos. Out of bounds crap, missed passes, and was killed by his opponent.
2. Atkins has run out of steam, rest and in the twos
3. moc rest and back to the twos, henry back in

stop bagging guthrie, he played more than most of the team today

out atkins, 3e, moc

in selwood, henry, chook/menegola

joel if you are hurt rest up same danger

our forward entries are rubbish - dont blame hawk, no one can mark that s**t

miers shows real endeavour

i would rest stanley for 2 weeks and give smith a run, and see what we get
im even tmepted to bring hendo back and blay blitz through the midfield
I thought moc was one of the better players recently

I think Parfitt maybe a little more important to our structure than I recognised or gave him credit for.

To be clear - not a match winner or the outright difference, but through “management” or injury we have missed his inside work 2 of the last 3 weeks, and seems better suited than some others to that defensive work.

Seen no stats so come at me!

I thought moc was one of the better players recently

For mine, some of his turnovers in open flowing play seem to somehow stand out more across half back than others who kick to packs following a soft receive sitting in a back pocket from a kick in or switch.

Those dinky lateral ones into the corridor, or out on the full probably don’t happen much more than other “attacking” defenders, but once you notice it is hard to unnotice again.

I thought he was pretty good Sunday under a lot of pressure, our best mid/small defender

I don't care how well he plays in the VFL, Parsons shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the seniors again.
Tuohy usually waits until the finals to **** the bed, now he doesn't even play well during H&A.
No idea why Atkins is still getting games.
May as well try Smith over Stanley but I doubt either will have any impact whatsoever in finals.

Were you the bloke sitting behind me at the G on Sunday?

No swearing or offensive and abusive language, but there is nothing worse when the team is struggling that having someone around you who curses and moans about every perceived error loudly - and then no reaction to good plays or goals. We are all different, but I don’t know why you would pay to put yourself through that when it costs you nothing at home or the pub

You/he left halfway though the last thank god. Pretty sure you will get the coaching gig at Carlton based on your knowledge.

Not only are Hawks fans blaming Atkins for Impey's injury, but a Hawks fan has now started a thread on the main board wanting Scott to be sanctioned for allegedly approaching the umpires at three quarter time on Sunday....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not only are Hawks fans blaming Atkins for Impey's injury, but a Hawks fan has now started a thread on the main board wanting Scott to be sanctioned for allegedly approaching the umpires at three quarter time on Sunday....
The main board is just for trolling so wouldn’t be too shocked at some of the threads.

To be fair, apparently Scott asked the umpire "how are you going to make up for that 50?" which is disgusting. He should definitely be sanctioned, and possibly even see some jail time.

Pretty hard to argue with the votes

GEELONG v HAWTHORN
10 Liam Shiels (HAW)
7 Ben McEvoy (HAW)
4 Tim O'Brien (HAW)
3 Daniel Howe (HAW)
2 James Frawley (HAW)
2 Jaeger O'Meara (HAW)
1 Mark O'Connor (GEEL)
1 Patrick Dangerfield (GEEL)

overall leaderboard

LEADERBOARD
78 Tim Kelly
70 Marcus Bontempelli
68 Patrick Cripps
68 Lachie Neale
65 Ben Cunnington
65 Nat Fyfe
62 Brodie Grundy
62 Luke Shuey
61 Patrick Dangerfield
58 Travis Boak

From a Geelong perspective, Im suprised Duncan didn't get a vote or 2, I thought he was Geelong's best.

That is incredibly tolerant.
I have a question re Selwood is he carrying an injury? Just didn’t seem his usually very effective self.
Sorry, only just back on for the game against Sydney. Don’t think he’s injured, but likely not 100% neither. Bad luck on the game yesterday; Lions really are a surprise at the moment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back