Review Good the Bad and please no more Hartigan - Rd 7, 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Laird actually had a pretty good game last night. Playing on the wing and rotating forward. Agree with the rest. (Probably a bit harsh on McHenry. Need to give these kids a really good stint this year (given there is no two's competition)).
Laird had his best game of the year last night ......loved him up around the midfield

McHenry is being gifted games ......he's taking the game on, same as Jones .....everyone has to put their analysis away this year

The single worse game I've ever seen from a Crows midfielder .....his speed over 10 mtrs is abhorrent, allowing all opp mids to waltz away from centre bounces

1595302519263.png

The guy just chases stats .....and burns his teammates every time he gets the ball

I'm afraid NTRabbit has been right all along .....deserves an apology thread

Keays and Doedee pretty good.

Crouches were seriously diabolical, I’m just not sure what’s happened there.

No way Jones gets any kind of pass for that game. Played midfield most if not all the night for 6 touches and only 1 in the 2nd half when we had plenty of it. He just looks nothing like it.

McHenry tries but geez he lacks any kind of class. Can barely kick over a jam jar either.

We have to be really worried about that 2018 draft.
They look better in good teams ......now they're being exposed and a HUGE reason we lost the 2017 GF

Fear not about Jones and McHenry ......they'll be great players ....bookmark it
It's not clicking yet, but love them taking the game on

McPherson is a beauty .....Hamill likewise .....Mcasey obviously needs to get a lot stronger, look 2022

The future is exciting ....loving the direction we're taking

Good:
Doedee full stop. Absolute gun.
Fish's mark. If anything will tell you that you fit in at the level its taking a mark running with the flight like that.
Jones' few touches were great. Break from a contest is something we severely lack.
McAdam looked dangerous. Confidence player and it will come.
McPherson was good. Worth persisting.

Bad:
Anything Matt Crouch. How he manages to turn a fast break with numbers to a turnover 30m backwards is just staggering.
Fox footy showing a piece of play where Crouch makes 3 horrible efforts/decisions and then in the next sentence praising him for getting a lot of the ball.

Ugly:
I am going to write this in caps because ffs these have been the same two problems for 18 months.

LEARN TO KICK and COMPETE IN THE AIR.
I wouldnt have a problem with every single training session for the next 3 weeks be spent on these two skills.

We competed everywhere else in the game except those two areas and its been a consistent problem for a long time.
I dont care if our forwards have to punch every contest, sick of simple marks in our attacking 50.

Seriously how many posters have wrote Jones was good or OK

Did they actually watch the game

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Marty .....any comments you care to make about Doedee ....like maybe

giphy.gif

Last edited:
This is true.

An ordinary tap ruck to a flat footed midfield is asking for trouble. But again, ROB does everything else so well.

I'd throw him around a bit and see what Strachan has.
ROB was recruited playing CHB at the Championships ......if Big Boy can play CHB for HAW, ROB could play a KP forward or back

Luke Brown is the bizarro Mackay. The anti-Kelly.

Some players get every mistake highlighted and rehashed ad nauseum. Some seem immune to criticism.

Brown's absolute unwillingness to get involved in the play when we have the ball in hand only exacerbates our inability to turn defence into attack. When we are chipping the ball around between Talia, Hartigan and Kelly, just waiting to create a turnover, where on earth does Brown go? He's a decent kick, certainly better than those 3. Does he ever lead to demand a short pass? Is he dropping back to set up to run past and receive a handball? Why does he just disappear?

That might be OK if he was defending to the peak of his abilities, but he's been poor defensively lately too. He's leaking goals, he's not tackling, and he's just not playing well.
Great assessment. He was consistently an 8/10 last season. Disinterested this year. Must be dropped.

Comical we get within 9 and bam - both Crouches into the guts. 4 straight clearances and 4 goals to Saints.

We are literally tanking
Yep I think this is correct .....noticed Crouches too at a critical time

Matt Crouch maybe a stinker .....but he is helping us get #1

Marty .....any comments you care to make about Dodee ....like maybe

giphy.gif

NO not at all still would have gone for the 193 cm KPF thats played in excess of 60 games, whos from Adelaide against a guy who collects under 20 possies as a loose defender and is part of a rabble in fact captain of the rabble

Have you got anything to say about our recruitment manager and the outstanding effort he has done to put together a list like ours
I'd query a couple .....but in the main i'm very happy .....Gallucci ??

Of course young kids are going to get criticized .....we expect too much too soon from kids .....and use the rare examples of instant success by some recruits as the unrealistic benchmark for all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd query a couple .....but in the main i'm very happy .....Gallucci ??

Of course young kids are going to get criticized .....we expect too much too soon from kids .....and use the rare examples of instant success by some recruits as the unrealistic benchmark for all

You do realize we are dead set last and don't look like winning a game this year and you have a problem with only one recruit WOWEEE

They look better in good teams ......now they're being exposed and a HUGE reason we lost the 2017 GF

Fear not about Jones and McHenry ......they'll be great players ....bookmark it
It's not clicking yet, but love them taking the game on

McPherson is a beauty .....Hamill likewise .....Mcasey obviously needs to get a lot stronger, look 2022

The future is exciting ....loving the direction we're taking
I love your bookmark it posts. Im still waiting for Milera to be a star midfielder...

The single worse game I've ever seen from a Crows midfielder .....his speed over 10 mtrs is abhorrent, allowing all opp mids to waltz away from centre bounces

View attachment 916464

The guy just chases stats .....and burns his teammates every time he gets the ball

I wouldn't say right all along. After all, Matt was an AA midfielder in 2017.

He's not a bad draft pick, overrated etc. Just a player who was tracking very nicely to being a prime mover/A grade midfielder (AA in 2017, not too far off the mark in 2018), only to fall off a cliff. Whether its fitness, the last two years have mentally ruined him or just he's bought into his hype is the question.

View attachment 916464

Nah, that suggests he has always had this problem. He was elite in 2016 and 2017. And NTRabbit was bashing him back then too.

View attachment 916464

I'm not an apologist :)

You've got no chance of getting pick #1. You're 2 games and percentage clear of Adelaide. There is not a snowball's chance in Hell that Adelaide will win 3 of its remaining 10 games, which is what would be required to avoid the wooden spoon.

You'll just have to settle for pick #3 (noting that Ugle-Hagan is expected to go #1, with the Bulldogs matching Adelaide's bid and shuffling everyone down 1 pick in the process).

We have to trade Matt Crouch. Hes a lazy footballer who continues to put his teammates under pressure with bad handballs. When he does kick its rarely a good outcome, usually ending up in the other teams hands.
David Mackay must never play again for this club. He is taking away valuable game time from Sholl. While no player should ever be gifted games it is integral that Sholl plays the back half of the season instead of Mackay.
Hartigan is done. He is a terrible decision maker and costs us goals.

Play as much youth as you can and reap the rewards in 2 years time.

Hartigan done? Never really made it to medium rare for mine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back