Review Good, the bad and the ugly v Demons in NT

Remove this Banner Ad

What you said here....

....some very valid points. Otten is a million miles from the best athlete out on the paddock, but for f*cks sake he can read the play well and make good position a lot of the time. I'm not saying he should be cemented in our best 22 every week, far from it. But in many games, his reading of the play and his strong hands are priceless. Also, it's been awesome to watch how hard he tries chasing blokes, even if he knows they're quicker. He just never chucks in the towel.
AFAIC, if Lever leaves us, Otten will make a reasonable replacement.

No he won't, he's a great depth player to call on when required nowadays but his lack of pace and mobility will be exploited by teams with more mobile forwards. If Lever leaves us for the Bulldogs SA's Lewis Young will now be on top of our shopping list along with a 1st round pick I'd suggest.

No he won't, he's a great depth player to call on when required nowadays but his lack of pace and mobility will be exploited by teams with more mobile forwards. If Lever leaves us for the Bulldogs SA's Lewis Young will now be on top of our shopping list along with a 1st round pick I'd suggest.
Bicks you should have said IMO Young will be, you have no idea what we will want

I really like Otten, but he is much slower and less agile then Lever, and doesn't possess anywhere near the intercept marking ability of Lever. I'd say our best bet would be to hope for a big lift out of Kelly.

The problem is no one will remember this and the masses will continue to believe that the medicos are signing off playing guys who aren't ready :)
The medicos clearly did last year so hopefully they have learned their lesson

I think its more like about 30 - 3 :D
???

Brown, Jenkins, Jacobs last season was the biggest display of gross incompetence we've seen at the club since Tippettgate. Good to see them start to get some decisions right certainly.

Brad Crouch almost won the rising star award in his first year of playing. He was really a gun rookie, seems like his foot injuries have gotten the better of him in previous years, but he's started to play much more consistent sincce end of last year until now. I think we still yet to have seen the best of Brad, hopefully he peaks come the Finals! Basically, if both Crouches fire up ~ 30 disposals each, we tend to win.

People forget he was the number 2 pick in his draft year ...2nd best player behind jagger bomb. Roo even gave bcrouch 5 votes as the #1 player in rising star voting.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think he would make a reasonable replacement! I didn't say he would replace Lever in ability, nor do I believe that Lewis young is as good as Lever is, at the moment. As far as running speed, I really don't believe that Lever is that much faster. I believe that Lever's speed should be judged when he is matched to an opposition forward one on one. I still believe that the third tall position is a lot easier than a defender's. Remember how good Otten was when Lever was out of the team and Otten played?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good: solid win, our fast start and tex hitting the scoreboard... Dmac's first half was very good
Bad: 3rd term and conceding 3 red time goals. Atkins.. he was terrible. Lever & Slone Injuries
Ugly: Bernie vince thug acts

Surprise, Surprise :rolleyes: The weekend wrap on the AFL site is all about the torp, that Melbourne are missing lots and lots of midfielders and Bernie is naughty but Douglas probably made it look worse than it is and Barrett needs some new glasses perscriptions because he still thinks Bernie only got him on the shoulder so it's all okay. And that was it for the recap of our game. No mention of Lynch's performance but Danger is so, so brave.

Surprise, Surprise :rolleyes: The weekend wrap on the AFL site is all about the torp, that Melbourne are missing lots and lots of midfielders and Bernie is naughty but Douglas probably made it look worse than it is and Barrett needs some new glasses perscriptions because he still thinks Bernie only got him on the shoulder so it's all okay. And that was it for the recap of our game. No mention of Lynch's performance but Danger is so, so brave.

They actually never mention Adelaide games at all

Brad Crouch almost won the rising star award in his first year of playing. He was really a gun rookie, seems like his foot injuries have gotten the better of him in previous years, but he's started to play much more consistent sincce end of last year until now. I think we still yet to have seen the best of Brad, hopefully he peaks come the Finals! Basically, if both Crouches fire up ~ 30 disposals each, we tend to win.
Not sure if anyone else has noticed as well Brad's body language seems to be changing as well. Seems to have the look of a guy that's confident he will beat you more often then not now. I don't think I saw that in the first 10-12 games. Hope it continues

Mate Vic Media is completely off us now. Not the worst thing, I think some of the boys started to believe their own hype after round 6. It's a good thing to be doubted cause it gives the team something to prove... You would never believe I was saying this about a top of the ladder team would you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back