• Darcy Fogarty

• Brodie Smith

• Lachie Sholl

• Tom Doedee

• Jordon Butts

• Reilly O'Brien

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

“I've said this before, but why is the no-right-foot issue not being addressed?”

How do you know that it hasnt been discussed and attempts made to address it?

Kicking a footy with your non preferred isnt something that can always be addressed..

Its like backhand barrel riding or a right hander attempting to bat left handed or trying to bowl a cricket ball left arm when your a righty..

You can always attempt to practice it and try and become half decent at these things but for some it just comes naturally, for others they can be successful at working on it and for the rest it just never works..

Its probably all in the way the brain commmunicates with the hands for the ball drop and the leg for the kick.. some brains just cant get their head around doing it with the other foot

Keays’s left boot aint that great.. wondering why he hasnt (or hasnt been sucessful) been working on getting a right boot might be a bit too much to ask!..
We’ve got lots of one footed kicks in our team. Why pick on him?

We’ve got lots of one footed kicks in our team. Why pick on him?
Wasnt me that bought up his lacking of a right boot..

I was just responding to Crowbloke’s question, which I put in quotation marks, as to why the club hadnt addressed it.

And stated that the club, and Keays himself, may have actually attempted to fix his lack of right boot but not all players can.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keays is one of those players you have to weigh up the good V bad.
He is one of the hardest runners in the league. His ability to push up the ground and then sprint forward is top level. He opens up lots of attacking options because of this.

However, his kicking skills are below poor. He is a straight line runner and has no agility at all, which makes it difficult for him to tackle players.

Some days his good is great. Some days his bad is awful. Some days he is a net positive, some days he isn't.

The Russell Westbrook of AFL

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Most thought our attack would be much more fun to watch this year... 1 of only 3 teams averaging over 100 points per game. Imagine if we had kicked more accurately in the early games.... but having most scoring shots in all games is a great sign.

Highest scoring teams after round 5...

1. Melbourne 534, ave 107
2. Adelaide 512, ave 102
3. Geelong 502, ave 100
4. Essendon/Sydney 498, ave 100
6. Brisbane 486, ave 97
7. Collingwood 476, ave 95
8. St Kilda 428, ave 86

Goals so far... with 4 players averaging 2 or more goals per game (all in the top 20)....

Rankine 12, ave 2.4
Fogarty 10, ave 3.3
Walker 10, ave 2.0
Rachele 10, ave 2.0
Thilthorpe 7, ave 1.8

Perfect Paddy! I went to school with Patrick Clifton. He got straight 20s in year 12 and was a prefect…well he has done better than me, hasn’t he.
And went to a good (public) school 😁.

Fun fact; his uncle played more than 100 games for Collingwood.

Paddy is not only super smart but also a great human being (and a Crows supporter to boot).

Will be interesting to see the umpire's votes

And by "interesting" I mean predictably disappointing
Brownlow night, voiceover, Channel 7:
"Round 5, Adelaide vs Carlton.

Adelaide, R. Laird, 1 vote.

Adelaide, J. Dawson, 2 votes.

Carlton, P. Cripps, 3 votes "
<<general acclaim, applause in the room>> :rolleyesv1:

Edit: just read Betts are off post, SNAP.

Back