Review Good vs Carlton

Piesnchess

Team Captain
Sep 13, 2009
Mt Evelyn
AFL Club
Collingwood
How long as Teague got left?

There must be some parents of gun U14-15 players getting awfully nervous their sons careers might be wasted at Carlton.
Carlton got more No.1 picks than anybody, like Gibbs, Kruezer, Murphy, Cripps, plus judd of course, for Kennedy, and still got no flag, just four wooden spoons!

May 20, 2001
Kufa, Iraq
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Banhammer Big House Under 70s
We could win next week actually. I don’t think we’ll get there, but with Richmond travelling on the morning of, it brings us closer.

But even if we manage a respectable loss, WC can smash a team. They are a team that if they are on they can score heavily.

Not saying we’ve lost pick 1, but it’s a real possibility.
Put money on us winning;Nicky’s will have us breathing fire to end with a win.
Home game, Mods record, Talia 200th, 3 rested ins and a chance to hurt Flogmond.🤔

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Instead of excusing Jones’ 6 touch game on the HFF

shouldn’t we be asking *why* he isn’t getting any midfield burn?
He was also getting 6 possessions in the midfield and was looking increasingly bamboozled by the game of football as each week passed.

The guy needs a factory reset over summer with a side of free weights.

Bring back Bas

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
I don't think that McPherson is getting enough love for his game. I thought he was excellent, even if he was overshadowed by a couple of other young players.

I liked Fogarty's game more than most on here seem to. He needs to get fitter so he can impact more contests and improve his second efforts but I thought he was very good when he was near the ball yesterday.

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I don't think that McPherson is getting enough love for his game. I thought he was excellent, even if he was overshadowed by a couple of other young players.

I liked Fogarty's game more than most on here seem to. He needs to get fitter so he can impact more contests and improve his second efforts but I thought he was very good when he was near the ball yesterday.
Darcy will be fine, but yes a great preseason and some work on his packwork should be his offseason goals.

Moose is by far the most comfortable sub 10 game player i've ever seen. Feel like he could get hit by a category 5 cyclone on the footy field and would navigate his way around it without any fuss!

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
But Jones still has me plenty worried.......
Mate he's just a young kid down on his confidence. He's shown flashes but the fact is he's lost his way at the start of this season and has struggled to get it back. It happens, but it certainly doesn't mean he's 'a bust'.

He needs a mental freshen up and a clear role in 2021 and I think he will be absolutely fine.

May 4, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Mate he's just a young kid down on his confidence. He's shown flashes but the fact is he's lost his way at the start of this season and has struggled to get it back. It happens, but it certainly doesn't mean he's 'a bust'.

He needs a mental freshen up and a clear role in 2021 and I think he will be absolutely fine.
Agreed. Getting too bogged down on instruction. Hopefully the new simplified communication helps him play his natural game.

If Brouch leaves, leave him in the Midfield group. I think he looks quite disheartened not playing his natural role.

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
The funny thing about Harry Schoenberg is, he's spent a large portion of the last 3 weeks playing as a HFF. The very same graveyard HFF position that has killed the career of so many good young players before him.

But whether its be coaching or just him as a player, being in that spot doesn't seem to hamper his game (probably a bit of both). My observation is the reason he does so much better then others before him is he runs in the corridor, he puts himself in dangerous positions, and he wins his own footy.

I would have thought he would be getting in the way of our CHF, but he doesn't. Just a good footy player who understands positioning and space!

FantasticShirt

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2010
Melbourne + Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

Fogarty shows glimpses that he could truly rip a game apart at some point. I assume he’s just nowhere near fit enough.

I’ve heard he was one of the ones that really slacked off during the COVID shutdown period.

If he can get a huge pre-season I look forward to what he can do.

Darcy will be fine, but yes a great preseason and some work on his packwork should be his offseason goals.

Moose is by far the most comfortable sub 10 game player i've ever seen. Feel like he could get hit by a category 5 cyclone on the footy field and would navigate his way around it without any fuss!

Ah Moose, now there is a man born to play back pocket. Cool under pressure, reliable with the ball in hand, looks quite aware defensively.

Absolutely nothing in his game is exciting but if there is ever a kid you can say "he'll play 200 games of highish quality football if he stays healthy", Moose is certainly one of the front runners. No wonder we rated him so highly (and that's not a knock, that was some great drafting at pick 40).

CrowBloke

Solum stulti se excusant!
May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
I'm back from the Carlton post-mortem thread, high :drunk: on schadenfreude. If you go there for a drink, be advised: it's salty.
Briny. Brackish.

But oddly delicious.
Crows being abused for the Gibbs chair-off by two of his best Carlton mates (ex-wedding party apparently). :rolleyes:
Personally, am happy it wasn't two Crows. Turn the page and move on with the only positives from the Gibbs' deal ie McAdam, Hamill, McHenry and Worrell.

moses

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Home
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS
Agreed. Getting too bogged down on instruction. Hopefully the new simplified communication helps him play his natural game.

If Brouch leaves, leave him in the Midfield group. I think he looks quite disheartened not playing his natural role.

I heard Sloaney on the radio after the Hawthorn win talking about how little match sim they have been able to physically do this season, the majority has been via video, so i am not surprised Jones is looking confused out there. Will be interesting to see what will happen with restrictions on training in the preseason.

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Did Frampton set a new AFL record, having a shot at goal from 4m and missing by 20m?
He tried to boot the leather off of it for some reason.

Frampton's first quarter was okay. Then he got smashed in all the other quarters and ended the game with one of the worst misses I've ever seen.

BringbackWebb

Debutant
May 30, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
So many positives to come out of this game it is really heartening to see that there is possibly some genuine hope for the future, however there is still an enormous way to go, part of the challenge of building on a low foundation that isn't quite as shaky as many of us thought it was.

Must congratulate the team and their effort and generally speaking it was a great team effort on Sunday with many valuable contributors, this is how you get consistent team performances, well done to all.

A lot of our good players were good again, but some of the younger guys deserve special mentions, Lachlan Sholl was great, had such a fantastic start to the game, and played his best game so far, tackles will come, need to get in the gym in the post season and build that strength. Really liked Harry Shoenberg as well, great effort and Andrew McPherson was really solid also, well done to the three!

Lots of other players showed a bit and that is important, they have something to build on.

Hopefully as a club we have now left the Bryce Gibbs saga behind us and can move on, I hope Bryce enjoyed his last game and can now find some happiness in life after the AFL, good luck to him.

Unfortunately I can't avoid mentioning the umpiring, heavens above it was poor, inconsistent and confusing and I am being kind!

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm back from the Carlton post-mortem thread, high :drunk: on schadenfreude. If you go there for a drink, be advised: it's salty.
Briny. Brackish.

But oddly delicious.
Crows being abused for the Gibbs chair-off by two of his best Carlton mates (ex-wedding party apparently). :rolleyes:
Personally, am happy it wasn't two Crows. Turn the page and move on with the only positives from the Gibbs' deal ie McAdam, Hamill, McHenry and Worrell.
SOunds like a Dirty Martini... I'm down!

Back