Review Good vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Put money on us winning;Nicky’s will have us breathing fire to end with a win.
Home game, Mods record, Talia 200th, 3 rested ins and a chance to hurt Flogmond.🤔

Naa. I better leave gambling to the experts. I was pretty tempted to put $10 on us to beat Carlton by over 40 at $26 (I think I read that right) and at half time I was kicking myself. By the end of the game I was reminded of why I don’t bet. 😂

Lynch had a pretty good game I thought. He cops a lot of flack for a decent player.
I initially had him on the outer, but you forget how good his link play is.

I know people are screaming to play youth, but it needs to be a systematic approach in a rebuild, ie balance of youth and seniors to shoulder the weight. Otherwise we’ll be breaking the kids and end up with Carltons / Melbournes shitty club culture.

... and how about Sholl @ pick#64, out from under Geelong's nose? :D

Also looking like a very astute pickup. Unlike Moose, there are some elements where I am skeptical will hold up long term with Sholl (lack of defensive pressure mainly). That said Sholl has AA potential if he can work it out.

Mate he's just a young kid down on his confidence. He's shown flashes but the fact is he's lost his way at the start of this season and has struggled to get it back. It happens, but it certainly doesn't mean he's 'a bust'.

He needs a mental freshen up and a clear role in 2021 and I think he will be absolutely fine.

Another camp should do it! ;)

He tried to boot the leather off of it for some reason.

Frampton's first quarter was okay. Then he got smashed in all the other quarters and ended the game with one of the worst misses I've ever seen.
He got to the ball a lot and contested, but his lack of top-level match fitness showed thru in the second half and Weitering got the edge on him eventually.

For all the hate he cops on here he still has a lot of upside to come if he can stick a spot in the side for a few weeks next year. Even when he doesn't mark he often gets hands on the ball first, just needs to stick a few like Big H has and his confidence will come.

He got to the ball a lot and contested, but his lack of top-level match fitness showed thru in the second half and Weitering got the edge on him eventually.

For all the hate he cops on here he still has a lot of upside to come if he can stick a spot in the side for a few weeks next year. Even when he doesn't mark he often gets hands on the ball first, just needs to stick a few like Big H has and his confidence will come.

The problem seemed to be more structure at both ends of the ground, specifically in the third. Frampton was one-on-one with Weitering and noone was sharking at his feet. He doesn't seem too good at groundwork in the one-on-one situation. (He does look very trim, though)

The same thing happened at the other end. Butts was crucified, left one-on-one with their FF way in the open: a disaster. We didn't help them out at either end, probably due to fatigue after our manic first-half pressure efforts.

Naa. I better leave gambling to the experts. I was pretty tempted to put $10 on us to beat Carlton by over 40 at $26 (I think I read that right) and at half time I was kicking myself. By the end of the game I was reminded of why I don’t bet. 😂
At least you didn't have $20 at 35/1 riding on Shane McAdam streaming into open goal and missing.... I did and had the (little) kids in the room with me at the time. Expletives were definitely deleted. :)

Sholl with 24 disposals and 2 goals.
Berg continued with getting some grabs.
Got the win, but not by too much, good considering the same day flying, no injuries, tick, tick, tick
Are we ahead of Carlton in our dev? Helps to have half decent gameplan.
Butts got a good hit out.
Neither Fog nor Frampton are at tex replacement levels yet. When you look at Mackay's athleticism makes me think long and hard about McDonald and Tilthorpe, if they're to track anything like Mackay vs a mid.
Different ppl played well this week. Shoenberg also quite good.

IMO we would be making a mistake not to take Thilthorpe and McDonald.

The problem seemed to be more structure at both ends of the ground, specifically in the third. Frampton was one-on-one with Weitering and noone was sharking at his feet. He doesn't seem too good at groundwork in the one-on-one situation. (He does look very trim, though)

The same thing happened at the other end. Butts was crucified, left one-on-one with their FF way in the open: a disaster. We didn't help them out at either end, probably due to fatigue after our manic first-half pressure efforts.
Very much down to fatigue, likely a combination of the early flight, short break and worst fitness base in the league.

Mate he's just a young kid down on his confidence. He's shown flashes but the fact is he's lost his way at the start of this season and has struggled to get it back. It happens, but it certainly doesn't mean he's 'a bust'.

He needs a mental freshen up and a clear role in 2021 and I think he will be absolutely fine.
That goal he kicked was the first time I’ve seen him smile. I think he’s still a bit overawed. Once he relaxes I think he’ll really start to show something.

In the normal course of events he would have been taken off McKay and Hartigan put on him. I think Nicks wanted to give him the experience. And I think we’ll done Nicks. He’ll be the better player for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the normal course of events he would have been taken off McKay and Hartigan put on him. I think Nicks wanted to give him the experience. And I think we’ll done Nicks. He’ll be the better player for it.

A lot of posters believe this to be so. I can't work out how being pantsed and having multiple marks taken one-on-one against you and multiple goals kicked on you makes you become a better player. Anyone care to explain?

Is it just me or does Himmelberg seem to play around 8 inches taller when he's confident? Just recently i've watched him and on more then 1 occasion and commented on how much bigger he looks then a month ago.

He's obviously not put any size on in that time, but he's clearly jumping at it a lot better, and as a result looks way more physically imposing!

A lot of posters believe this to be so. I can't work out how being pantsed and having multiple marks taken one-on-one against you and multiple goals kicked on you makes you become a better player. Anyone care to explain?
The alternative is playing him in scratch matches that don't even come close to match day intensity. I think I'd prefer a baptism of fire over that kind of bullshit.

This can't be serious right?

You learn a little bit about what does and doesn't work. Then you go away and analyze the footage in depth to learn even more.

I have finally calmed down after yesterdays debacle !!!

It was clear from the first bounce that your guys were hungry and wanted it way more than my guys and as a result, got a good win, thoroughly deserved.

What should have been pleasing for Crows supporters was the glimpses of the future, most of the young newbies played really well and looked dangerous.

I'm not expecting it to happen but if you could finish off the season by pinching a win against the Tigers, you could go into the off-season with some genuine excitement & expectation for 2021.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Crouch in the off-season too, to paraphrase one of my favourite bands The Clash : should he stay or should he go ??

F5F3E01F-163B-41E6-811E-9CDB1408D2C1.jpeg

Haha, great photo of Gibbs and a very young Lachie sholl who’s old man got him into the changerooms after a game, earlier in gibbs career, to meet the players..

Classic.

Wonder how long it is before a “Get Lachie Sholl” thread emerges on the Carlton BF board?..

Except it clearly is.

That's fine, because the alternative was worse.

Someone get a premiership with an asterisk, and we'll get a draft pick with an asterisk.
The Crows winning a flag in front of a tiny crowd which I can't attend at the Gabba? I'd hate that. I feel sorry for the fans of whichever team wins it because it'll be an anticlimax.

Except it clearly is.

That's fine, because the alternative was worse.

Someone get a premiership with an asterisk, and we'll get a draft pick with an asterisk.
It definitely is an asterisk season. It will be a premiership everyone will question throughout time. It's unfair on the club who wins it but it's the way its going to go. As noone will remember the spoon and won't really care.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back