Review Good vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Bruce went bang.

WiltedMetallicGuineapig-size_restricted.gif

I probably shouldnt be quoting my posts here, but geez Fog's body is very similar in shape to Roo's here.

If you didnt know the incident, you could be forgiven for thinking it was him.

Personally I’d trade Talia if it involved an decent upgraded pick. Im his biggest fan which is why I’m suggesting he’s actually worth it for the right club. Should have done it with Sloane and/or Lynch. Now is the time we have to look 2-4 years down the track right now.
It's a big mistake to clear our important leaders at the club who are still strong contributors unless there is an unbelievable deal in our favour.

I probably shouldnt be quoting my posts here, but geez Fog's body is very similar in shape to Roo's here.

If you didnt know the incident, you could be forgiven for thinking it was him.
Like when Blight arrived, Fog probably needs to get leaner & increase his tank to get to more contests.

It's a big mistake to clear our important leaders at the club who are still strong contributors unless there is an unbelievable deal in our favour.

Definitely think we need to look at Clubs that have undertaken rebuilds here and have far more experienced and knowledge than most in it,
then do the opposite.

I think its good to have key experienced players at either end of the ground, to groom the new kids.

wow... that is a fu**in massive roasting..

is that real?... surely it cant be, would never picture Bruce being like that at all.. its fu**in gold though. Geez thats a massive b*tch slap to Karen Kornes..
It's not real, it's a parody account

A lot of posters believe this to be so. I can't work out how being pantsed and having multiple marks taken one-on-one against you and multiple goals kicked on you makes you become a better player. Anyone care to explain?
I jumped on the Butts Train early last year. He is a good mark, he knows when to leave his man, he is very good when the ball is on the ground for a 198 cm defender and his disposal is very good. His problem is that at 83 kg he struggles to keep his feet in marking contests. He needs to spend the next 4 months in the gym!

I jumped on the Butts Train early last year. He is a good mark, he knows when to leave his man, he is very good when the ball is on the ground for a 198 cm defender and his disposal is very good. His problem is that at 83 kg he struggles to keep his feet in marking contests. He needs to spend the next 4 months in the gym!
He can't be just 83kg still. He looks a lot bigger this year especially in the shoulders and arms.

Hope you were going with the flow.

Certainly did. The river flows much faster than the Murray. Took me 25 days to do 750km of the Murray, only 11 days for 690km of Yukon River. And at the end, did a few shots of Yukon Whiskey with a frostbitten human toe in it.

I parked my RV in a shopping centre car park and watched the replays of the games. Sholl and Schoenberg looked great. Himmelberg has turned his form around. Even Jones is having more impact. Would love to see Fog start pulling some solid games together.

Certainly did. The river flows much faster than the Murray. Took me 25 days to do 750km of the Murray, only 11 days for 690km of Yukon River. And at the end, did a few shots of Yukon Whiskey with a frostbitten human toe in it.

I parked my RV in a shopping centre car park and watched the replays of the games. Sholl and Schoenberg looked great. Himmelberg has turned his form around. Even Jones is having more impact. Would love to see Fog start pulling some solid games together.

Well done on a great physical achievement. The Murray is the slowest major river system in the world. IIRC it averages a speed of 4 knots.
Yeah, the footy over the last three weeks has been exciting. The kids look awesome with the exceptions of Fog and Jones. Hopefully both will come good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just finished Canoeing 690km of the Yukon River and find the club has won 3 in a row! Amazing by the club to string together a few wins after such a bad start to the year!

Congrats, that's amazing!

Did you plan the entire trip yourself? Did you need a support crew or could you get what you need along the way? Would love to hear more about it.

Mate he's just a young kid down on his confidence. He's shown flashes but the fact is he's lost his way at the start of this season and has struggled to get it back. It happens, but it certainly doesn't mean he's 'a bust'.

He needs a mental freshen up and a clear role in 2021 and I think he will be absolutely fine.

Hope you're right. Last quarter against Carlton he did one of those classic chasing his opponent who was streaming toward goal. Jones presumed the guy would pass off but he kept streaming to goal and Jones then had to properly put the effort in and double his chase rate. It was one of those classic 'put the head down and double my effort even though I could have caught/pressured him prior to that with a full on chase'. I hate to see that sort of display. You don't see it from guys like Keays. Carlton where still in the game at that time. I agree he has maybe lost his way because he doesn't complete many successful possessions, but the first step to anywhere is to put in the effort a la Keays.

I hope he comes good. We will see next year.

Well done on a great physical achievement. The Murray is the slowest major river system in the world. IIRC it averages a speed of 4 knots.
Yeah, the footy over the last three weeks has been exciting. The kids look awesome with the exceptions of Fog and Jones. Hopefully both will come good.

Yeah as I found out about the Murray haha. Ate a fair few carp on that trip. Lake Alexandrina is a killer to kayak.

Congrats, that's amazing!

Did you plan the entire trip yourself? Did you need a support crew or could you get what you need along the way? Would love to hear more about it.

Oh its quite easy to be honest. Each year Whitehorse holds a race over this stretch of river, extreme athletes canoe for about 60 hours straight and finish it.

There was one town we stopped at that had supplies, but we took all we needed for 14 days. No other towns we could go in, theres a couple First Nations towns but they arent welcoming people during Covid. We had a group of 4, me and 3 girls. I worked for an Adventure Camp here teaching kids Canoeing and rock climbing, and the company let us use their Canoes. The Canoes were bolted together using 2x4 planks, and some wooden board strapped to the planks to create a kind of Canoe catamaran style raft. We did this to fit all the gear, the girls overpacked by a long way haha.

There is a Yukon river Pilot book you can use with maps of the whole stretch. Very handy for finding camp places. Took off at Whitehorse, 30km in you come to Lake Labarge that is the hardest part. Good to get it over with, unlike the Murray which has Lake Alexandrina at the end! Windy weather makes this lake dangerous and many get stuck here. We did half the lake one day and camped. Next day tried to launch into the waves and sunk. Had to drag everything out the cold water and wait for better weather.

The rest is a nice paddle. Can drift 40km a day if you wanted, most we did was 95 in a day. Theres some awesome shipwrecks to see, the first settlement of Yukon, first nations burial ground, met 2 guys mining gold in their own little claim that I might go jump in with next year. We came across a fair few bears and moose, bald eagles, beavers, deer, caribou etc. I built a filter from charcoal, sand and gravel to clean the sediment from the water as it is quite silty at the end. Made it to Dawson City after 11 days. Found some gold here while panning, and did the human toe shot of whiskey a few times. You can get a company to collect you from Dawson and take you back to Whitehorse if you like, but I had a friend do that for us.

If you want to see photos, instagram is bensworld_photography. The nature up here is very wild and untouched, love it. I will start editing them over the next month or so and upload a few, havent put any up yet.

Quite a coincidence. While you were doing that (congrats) the Crows were paddling their way out of sh*te Creek.

Its funny, I was telling the girls I was with that I could show them the best sport in the world, Australian football. Of course they just assume its soccer haha. People dont know our sport exists over here. But I warned them my team hadnt won in over a year. All of a sudden, 3 in a row!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back