Autopsy Good win against Tricky opposition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
This is a game i have no doubt we would of dropped earlier in the season so it certainly shows we have come on a bit compared to earlier rounds.

McClean was very good strong prescence up forward Amartey was happy to play second fiddle to him.

Hayward was outstanding all game Heeney had a terrific 3 quarters.

Chad had a weird game brilliance in moments frustration in most.

I think Amartey done something again (i hope not)

Beat a bogey side that plays the SCG really well

Still managed to win without 30+ from Gulden

Concerns for Mills and Parker struggling to get into the game

Was expecting the worst against GCS. They always seem to have our number? Good win! Live ladder says we're 6th right now? Flags on the menu, lads!

But,

Hayward and McLean, the whipping boys, were both fantastic in stretches.

Blakey, fantastic.

Mills, Parker, and Gulden down a bit.

Anyway, can't complain too much, a win is a win.

Jokes aside, a tough win playing the game exactly on the Suns terms.

Francis was great early when we were under the pumped. Heeney also keeping us in it in the 1st half. Think they put someone else on him to put him out of the game a bit

Rowbottom instrumental in the 3rd getting us the lead. Gulden getting de-tagged helped

McLean looked great in the ruck and forward. 6 goals between the big 3 forwards. I like it.

Warner either had it or didn't today. Kicked 2 really good goals but caught HTB like 5 times trying to do too much. Would rather him do a difficulty of 2 with an execution of 10 than a difficulty of 10 and an execution of 2.

Gulden got a lesson in tagging. Think it would be worth doing some tagging drills with Clarke on him at training.

All in all a good win with just some rough patches. Should win next week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a game i have no doubt we would of dropped earlier in the season so it certainly shows we have come on a bit compared to earlier rounds.

McClean was very good strong prescence up forward Amartey was happy to play second fiddle to him.

Hayward was outstanding all game Heeney had a terrific 3 quarters.

Chad had a weird game brilliance in moments frustration in most.

I think Amartey done something again (i hope not)
McLean

Was expecting the worst against GCS. They always seem to have our number? Good win! Live ladder says we're 6th right now? Flags on the menu, lads!

But,

Hayward and McLean, the whipping boys, were both fantastic in stretches.

Blakey, fantastic.

Mills, Parker, and Gulden down a bit.

Anyway, can't complain too much, a win is a win.

They were so clean at times Rowell was incredible as was Flanders.

If they had King as a primary target with that sort of delivery

Still feels like in the grand scheme of things we are papering over the cracks with how we are playing.

However that second half cant go unnoticed. The self belief has been building in the playing group the past few weeks. When a game has gone against the grain, we have started to wrestle back momentum a lot better, just like today.

Our stoppage work really lifted, defended really well when the ball went into our d50, and we are really making teams pay as of late. Really efficient again going inside 50 our forward line is humming. I agree that warner had an off day, but the thing that cant go unnoticed was just his appetite for the footy and pushed through well with some nice goals. Rowbottom flew the flag in the third term, brilliant game. Lloyd and Blakey were great down back and McClean is finding form.

Really proud on how we turned it around in the second half. We were 15th a few weeks ago and now 6th, lets enjoy the win.

Shoutout to Wicks who had 12 touches but 8 tackles. 2 behinds sours things but absolutely did his job today

Gulden and Rowbottom also with 8 tackles

We couldn't win 5 minutes v Geelong earlier in the year so 5 wins in a row is massive. The season was up s**t creek ( a lot self inflicted sure) and now we have some form.

Even if we get smashed i'd like to play finals, I want us to win every game we can, because you never know.

Hayward deserves praise, massive game for him and the difference between taking his chances and not is massive. His attack on the ball was great,

Heeney was everywhere and it often doesn't show up on the stats.

Warner got a lot of it and did improve as it went.

We lifted when Gulden got going , defence was very good.

Interesting that Mcdonald Mclean and Amartey combined for 6 goals as at times looked quiet , Mclean more involved than the others perhaps early.

Amartey subbed out wonder if he is hurt

anyway where I am with the 2023 swans i'll just take the wins I don't overly give a * how in the moment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back