Analysis Good win today! Pies by 69 over Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Daicos is guilty too often of trying to thread the needle too.

I don't mind players taking the riskier options, hit them, and the game tends to open up more often than not. I also apportion some of the responsibility to make it work on the on the player who it is kicked to. Sidey for instance is sometimes caught standing flat footed waiting for the footy to come to him rather than moving to it.

I don't mind players taking the riskier options, hit them, and the game tends to open up more often than not. I also apportion some of the responsibility to make it work on the on the player who it is kicked to. Sidey for instance is sometimes caught standing flat footed waiting for the footy to come to him rather than moving to it.

Daicos like Adams can be guilty of the inboard, try to skin the head of an opponents head kick which is inevitably chopped off in a dangerous position. You got to analyse risk Vs reward quickly.

You're a bit hard. Anticipation and speculation is a huge part of footy for the fans and pundits. It's not a crime to try and work out what is going to happen next. That's most of the fun.
Not harsh at all 'statements' are meaningless - both in today's football and down through the ages.

Just go back over this years results competition wide and try to made any sense of them for a start - teams will get a run of 3 to 5 really good games and the scribes and pundits will be raving - only for some side back in the pack (relatively speaking) to come out and put them to the sword.

The days of certainty in this game went out the window when the AFL sold out to the betting corporations and media moguls. They need uncertainty to maximize their returns and the AFL rules are being framed to provide it.

We made last year’s GF and have spent most of this year being second on the ladder ...

... isn’t our normal programming to be winning?

I mean sure if you want to ignore how we’ve actually been playing.

Daicos like Adams can be guilty of the inboard, try to skin the head of an opponents head kick which is inevitably chopped off in a dangerous position. You got to analyse risk Vs reward quickly.

As I say, I'm way less critical of errors that occur when a player is taking the game on. They happen, we get our fair share of intercepts off teams trying the same against us. To my way of thinking, players have limited options. They can:

1. pop a pass over the top to a lead up player, shift responsibility to someone else, does little to open play up
2. long down the line, generally to a contest and the outcome less than certain
3. switch play, if not done quickly and proficiently enough equates to 1, you're just back further in the field
4. take the inboard option

They're all risks and can all come undone. The inboard tends to open the game up whereas the other 3 less so.

I do find it ironic that there has been so much discussion of recent times about our slow stodgy ball movement and then those that take some risks to try and change that are taken to task.

Is it just me or has this thread been a bit of a dumpster fire?

Not harsh at all 'statements' are meaningless - both in today's football and down through the ages.

Just go back over this years results competition wide and try to made any sense of them for a start - teams will get a run of 3 to 5 really good games and the scribes and pundits will be raving - only for some side back in the pack (relatively speaking) to come out and put them to the sword.

The days of certainty in this game went out the window when the AFL sold out to the betting corporations and media moguls. They need uncertainty to maximize their returns and the AFL rules are being framed to provide it.
Maybe the AFL just want a more even comp

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe the AFL just want a more even comp
Of course they do because it means uncertainty and a better i
****!
If a Pies player broke a finger nail they would amputate at the shoulder........
Seems much worse than expected - torn retina - ONLY AT COLLINGWOOD could a 7 foot tall player get poked in the eye!

You just need to have a bit of thought for the position the opposition are in really, 14 straight losses with no end in sight. They were always going to come out all guns blazing. Look at that first quarter again very closely and you will note they seemed to have about 10 players at every contest, they were desperate to make any sort of a statement.

Merit here, I don't think they were desperate though - looked to me they smelt blood and went the jugular early. Took our guys by surprise (not so much the crowd though lol).

As Bucks pointed out the suns have been elite in pressure all year - even given there performances. When we woke up it looked to me like "ah pressure game, yeah we know this stuff" "righto sunny boys let's go to school on pressure game" (Wills especially).

I'm a property developer re. Real estate. Ex construction engineer.
A Greek property developer.
Check the foundations people, these guys are shoddy.
Not as bad as us Turks I must admit, we'd print false title deeds and sell the same property to 10 people and then disappear.
I would still advise buyer beware though.

I'm a property developer re. Real estate. Ex construction engineer.

Hey, I think I went to school with you!

You’re the bloke who trained to be a construction engineer - ended up getting far far more work than you could do - so employed actors to pretend to be construction engineers.

(True story)

A Greek property developer.
Check the foundations people, these guys are shoddy.
Not as bad as us Turks I must admit, we'd print false title deeds and sell the same property to 10 people and then disappear.
I would still advise buyer beware though.

Indeed, buyer should beware. I do wonder how many of Melbourne’s buildings have been designed by actors pretending to be construction engineers ...

... and clearly here in Sydney they use actors too - bad ones - given the structural integrity problems of buildings in this town.

Forward line seemed to function ok after half time with the injury to Cox

Melbourne will be a different proposition as they have some very good defenders, but another 192/3 ish size player maybe enough

Hey, I think I went to school with you!

You’re the bloke who trained to be a construction engineer - ended up getting far far more work than you could do - so employed actors to pretend to be construction engineers.

(True story)

Indeed, buyer should beware. I do wonder how many of Melbourne’s buildings have been designed by actors pretending to be construction engineers ...

... and clearly here in Sydney they use actors too - bad ones - given the structural integrity problems of buildings in this town.

And I was gonna invite you to join my sports analytics group tonight re.. I'm a member of the panel assembled for this evening to discuss improving the end to end fans experience at stadiums and that re. Coulda met some of my mates from the MCC.. Bastion EBA and the PMY Group. Bit of networking and that re with me by your side promoting ya.. f forget about it now re.. I sense a hint of jealousy in your post. Might just get Chrispiesssss as my personal chaperone for the night instead.

And I was gonna invite you to join my sports analytics group tonight re.. I'm a member of the panel assembled for this evening to discuss improving the end to end fans experience at stadiums and that re. Coulda met some of my mates from the MCC.. Bastion EBA and the PMY Group. Bit of networking and that re with me by your side promoting ya.. f forget about it now re.. I sense a hint of jealousy in your post. Might just get Chrispiesssss as my personal chaperone for the night instead.

I thought I was your main homey. :(

I thought I was your main homey. :(

Don't worry re.. you're in my best 22 in the forward pocket.. 76 is on the periphery.. his jealousy let's him down at times and that re. He thinks he's a hotshot like dj bobo and that re. When in fact he's like my gemi without the subwoofers and that re.

You mistake jealousy for respect :D

Look, I know your MCC, EBA, and PMY Group buddies would have all been paid actors set up to impress me, but it still would have been a rollicking good evening!

Look, I know your MCC, EBA, and PMY Group buddies would have all been paid actors set up to impress me, but it still would have been a rollicking good evening!

I'm now assuming the umpires at Edgbaston were paid actors and life makes a lot more sense.

Yes.. and my 2018 Collingwood bf poster of the yr award.. do I have to apply for it in writing? And I hang around with actors.. apparently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back