Good Wrestling Books/Autobiographies

Bomb6454

Draftee
Oct 19, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
I haven't read many. I've been trying to get through a few other books before I did start reading some. I'm currently reading Eric Bischoff's book. Only around 1/4 of the way through it, but it seems alright so far. I did download this e-book pack a while ago.

Here is what it contains:

All books come in .pdf, .epub, .mob or containing all three files. These can be read on Kindle, iPad, iPhones etc. If you want the pack, I'll put it in a .zip and send the link to you - just contact me. All credits go to original pack creator.

hi there i'm looking for all of these books if you could send these to me i'd be greatly appreciative

email address is jswhyte1@hotmail.com

Can't believe this thread is still going :O good to see.

Still highly recommend Goldusts book, especially with his return to WWE and how they keep mentioning how Dusty was never there for him and how he was always there for Cody, it will really open some eyes.

Jul 18, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton, Mount Buller Demons
This isn't a book but it's a documentary.

Has anyone seen "Beyond the Mat"?

Wow is all I can say. After watching this I have grown much more respect for wrestlers and what they have to sacrifice to make it.
yre8aja4.jpg
You mean this old thing I've had on VCR for like 100 years? Haha

Maxwell110

Premiership Player
May 29, 2011
batcave
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
sc freiburg
That's the one! Really good watch.

Also what are some other documentary's people would recommend?

I recently watched HHH's Thy Kingdom Come and the 50 years of WWE documentaries, both are pretty good

If you like old school wrestling or are interested in the history of the business, I cannot recommend this book highly enough. I've already read it three times

Amazon product ASIN 1770413847

Link not working properly.

"Death of the Territories: Expansion, Betrayal and the War that Changed Pro Wrestling Forever" by Tim Hornbaker

Nov 12, 2002
AFL Club
Geelong
If you like old school wrestling or are interested in the history of the business, I cannot recommend this book highly enough. I've already read it three times

Amazon product ASIN 1770413847

Looks like Hornbaker is one to follow. I want to get his history of the NWA as well.

Recently read this book which isn't a pure pro-wrestling book per se but covers an awful lot of their (pun intended) territory:

Amazon product ASIN 1770410406
You name a tough guy you've heard of and I'd be pretty certain they're in there. Starts pre-Gotch (Frank not Karl), and goes right through to the Wigan school, Japanese shoot-style of the early 1990s onward, the emergence of Jiu-Jitsu, UFC, MMA and so on. Really good read.

Rusty Brookes

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 9, 2001
Preston
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn, Manningham Cobras
Looks like Hornbaker is one to follow. I want to get his history of the NWA as well.

Recently read this book which isn't a pure pro-wrestling book per se but covers an awful lot of their (pun intended) territory:

Amazon product ASIN 1770410406
You name a tough guy you've heard of and I'd be pretty certain they're in there. Starts pre-Gotch (Frank not Karl), and goes right through to the Wigan school, Japanese shoot-style of the early 1990s onward, the emergence of Jiu-Jitsu, UFC, MMA and so on. Really good read.

I've got his history of the NWA book which is a fascinating read but Death of the Territories trumps it IMHO. The expansion of the WWF is an incredible read and the book goes into detail of how they picked off each territory. What's clear is some territories were ripe for the picking (eg Detroit, Los Angeles) while others, particularly in the south, were highly resistant to the WWF brand. It also illustrates how important Andre the Giant was to the expansion. He was a name that basically every wrestling fan knew and he was the headliner in practically every invasion card that the WWF ran.

That shooters book looks awesome BTW.

Nov 12, 2002
AFL Club
Geelong
I've got his history of the NWA book which is a fascinating read but Death of the Territories trumps it IMHO. The expansion of the WWF is an incredible read and the book goes into detail of how they picked off each territory. What's clear is some territories were ripe for the picking (eg Detroit, Los Angeles) while others, particularly in the south, were highly resistant to the WWF brand. It also illustrates how important Andre the Giant was to the expansion. He was a name that basically every wrestling fan knew and he was the headliner in practically every invasion card that the WWF ran.

That shooters book looks awesome BTW.

Can’t wait to read it. You also have to wonder if Ole Anderson didn’t piss Jim Barnett off, he wouldn’t have run to Vince and Vince may not have got the TBS slot.

Back