Remove this Banner Ad

sandie

Club Legend
Apr 7, 2000
VIC
AFL Club
Adelaide
Boris
Thanks for the wonderful service you gave to the Bombers. Good luck in coaching if you decide to do it, but who will you get to teach the players how to pass the ball to another player if they are closer or iin a better psoition them, won't be you. HA HA.
Anyway I know I'm going to miss you playing.

------------------
Mantis

Boris = Essendon Legend

Been to too many games to recall over the years but one sticks out - the centernary game at the G in May 96 against the Cats.

Dons were practically gone well into the second half when Boris (playing his first game after missing a whole year and more with a knee) went mad and started slotting them from wild ridiculous angles.

He ended up kicking 9 and winning the game off his own foot.

That game and Boris' performance is well and truely stuck in the memory banks.

Maybe he'll retire to become Scott Lucas' personal coach?

[This message has been edited by Max Power (edited 14 September 2000).]

Thanks Boris.

I'll never forget your great contribution to the Bombers, you were truly scintillating on many occasions: finals '93, especially the Prelim., the centenary match, that state game at Subiaco, '94 night GF against Adelaide - "**** you" (bomber fans may recall the incident), just to name a few.

Always a buzz whenever you got hold of the pill, legs pumping like finely tuned pistons, superb balance and anywhere within the 50m line fans knew it was headed for the big sticks. One of the best small forwards ever IMHO.

Great to go out on a high as part of the best season ever, very worthy dual premiership player.

All the best for the future Boris, thanks for the memories.

Cheers.

------------------
RED & BLACK BACK to BACK 2001!

You Bombers love him as much as the rest of us like to hate him. And to think Lloydy got the spotlight on him for staging frees ?

Seriously Though, Best of luck boris. Another character gone

Remove this Banner Ad

Back