Goodbye Mal

Remove this Banner Ad

His kicking efficiency of HB and outside run
Most meters gained in the comp of HB
Intercepts and being able to read the play like he does

More I think about more the loss gets bigger and bigger for me.

You know what Punts?
We won't miss him because he won't be the difference on whether we win a GF or not.
He couldn't have played better in the GF yet we were no where near the Hawks.

As far as I'm concerned, we've saved 800K to $1M in the salary cap space for the next 2 years. As far as the third year goes, I strongly believe we have dodged a bullet. I took particular note of the mention of a coaching type role when he finishes. I believe that is what his 3rd year will mainly consist of in the twos should his form not be good. Much like ROK had with us.

You know how it works with us. Everyone writes us off for round 1 because we've lost a few gun players either through retirement or trade.
then by round 8 we "blood" another player who shows promising signs. By round 15, the questions that get thrown around the media, mainy via Ed, are "how can they have so much depth" & "how can they fit them all under their salary cap"?

I promise you one of our youngsters will have become a REAL star by end of season 2015!
Who will it be this time. Will Harry go up a notch? Will he be let off the defensive leash for more games? I believe if someone else took up his defensive role then Harry can be a devestating player that not many can go with.
The coaches now have belief in him. His team mates now have belief in him. Rohan will step up in 2015. I have no doubt. The finals experience & criticism will sting him into action in 2015. Could Tommy or Heeney step up to the plate. How about young Hewitt. He is my pick to step up.
The other one I will back is X Richards.
He has one game under his belt from last year & has size & will be a better player in 2015.

So goodbye Mal!

We all love you & wish you well....................but the Swans have bigger fish to fry than your new team do.

You know what Punts?
We won't miss him because he won't be the difference on whether we win a GF or not.
He couldn't have played better in the GF yet we were no where near the Hawks.

As far as I'm concerned, we've saved 800K to $1M in the salary cap space for the next 2 years. As far as the third year goes, I strongly believe we have dodged a bullet. I took particular note of the mention of a coaching type role when he finishes. I believe that is what his 3rd year will mainly consist of in the twos should his form not be good. Much like ROK had with us.

You know how it works with us. Everyone writes us off for round 1 because we've lost a few gun players either through retirement or trade.
then by round 8 we "blood" another player who shows promising signs. By round 15, the questions that get thrown around the media, mainy via Ed, are "how can they have so much depth" & "how can they fit them all under their salary cap"?

I promise you one of our youngsters will have become a REAL star by end of season 2015!
Who will it be this time. Will Harry go up a notch? Will he be let off the defensive leash for more games? I believe if someone else took up his defensive role then Harry can be a devestating player that not many can go with.
The coaches now have belief in him. His team mates now have belief in him. Rohan will step up in 2015. I have no doubt. The finals experience & criticism will sting him into action in 2015. Could Tommy or Heeney step up to the plate. How about young Hewitt. He is my pick to step up.
The other one I will back is X Richards.
He has one game under his belt from last year & has size & will be a better player in 2015.

So goodbye Mal!

We all love you & wish you well....................but the Swans have bigger fish to fry than your new team do.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Just thinking about Xavier Richards myself, a real unknown for mine. Should see game time with his promotion and 2yr contract. 196cm, 93kg (before pre season), playing with his big bro. Could be a great year for him.

With respect to the Dragons coaches, he hasn't played there for 2 years, so I'm not sure they'd be the best judges of whether he deserved an upgrade at the end of 2014
I remember in junior footy he was really hot and cold. He'd get towelled up and drop his head a bit. With any luck he's matured and had got a bit of strength and size to him.

I missed it Punts.

Anything of value?

Not much mate just said it was a really difficult decision and he was stewing over it for a few weeks.

Said the 3yrs tipped the scale in favour of GC and the security at his age along with a development role was to good to pass up.

Sounds like Mal will get into coaching once his career is done he sounded happy with the decision.

Good luck to him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My sources tell me that quite a few close mates of Mal are not happy that the club didn't work harder to keep him. He wanted 2 years with a clause that a third would be added if he was still going ok

Interesting. If that's what he was asking I probably would have given it to him personally, especially in light of the trade ban, but I can sort of see where the club is coming from in wanting to free up some cap space if the ban gets lifted next year and we can trade in again.

Maybe Mal should have just taken what the club offered.
Club first, player second as far as I'm concerned.

Just in case one thinks otherwise, watch 2014 GF to sober you up.

I trust the club.
I don't trust the AFL.

Mal will enjoy GC.

Club first, player second as far as I'm concerned.
Like how Carlton promised McLean another contract then turfed him?
Like how Hawthorn shopped Schoenmakers around when he didn't want to go?
Like how Brisbane shopped Rischitelli around to lure Fev?
Like how Geelong turfed Paul Chapman after many years of loyal service?
Like how Adelaide said they'd re-sign Petrenko then didn't?
Like how the Bulldogs shafted Cooney this year?

Clubs have stuff-all loyalty to many players, so the players are free to look after their own interests if they want.

Like how Carlton promised McLean another contract then turfed him?
Like how Hawthorn shopped Schoenmakers around when he didn't want to go?
Like how Brisbane shopped Rischitelli around to lure Fev?
Like how Geelong turfed Paul Chapman after many years of loyal service?
Like how Adelaide said they'd re-sign Petrenko then didn't?
Like how the Bulldogs shafted Cooney this year?

Clubs have stuff-all loyalty to many players, so the players are free to look after their own interests if they want.

Hey you didn't mention a certain club experimenting with its entire playing list

Shame on you :p

Hey you didn't mention a certain club experimenting with its entire playing list

Shame on you :p
Our moderators get upset when I criticise the drug cheating scum.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back