News Goodbye Star, hello ISC - 2017 kits

Remove this Banner Ad

TimothyJ23

Club Legend
Oct 24, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
This image, supposedly of our 2017 kits (no changes apart from the manufacturer) was posted on LeagueUnlimited forums today (link to post):

292044_ddc14f1dc61028a236e32f90d5712c27.png

Not sure how I feel about grey panelling on our polos.

Detecting an improved situation

Good to see, finally some confirmation.

Apparently it's a real clean out at the Westpac centre store now, all the Star Athletic crap must go.

ISC is an international brand, it's step up, even if it isn't Adidas or Nike.

Really, really hoping this is true. I've boycotted buying any merchandise because the star athletic stuff is so bad.

The grey looks pretty good in my opinion. Just hoping not everything will have the new commemorative logo.

Shouldn't the polos and training tops have the 2017 logo on them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't check out the link, but my guess is that the site with the images has had them live for a while and didn't include the logo in case something like this happened. Only spitballing though and you raise a good point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I HATE that we're not Adidas.

But I can't lie god damn it, those training tops and polos are f**king hot.

At least the gear looks like that of a sporting club and not this rubbish mickey mouse cartoon-esque gear that had a magpie stuck in the middle of it.
Not to mention that ridiculous white stitching from Star at the top of the shoulder panels that looked cheap and flimsy.

Nike is the best sporting brand in the whole world. That's who we should be with.

Is it? I owned a pair of Nike sneakers once and they got a hole in them within three months. Maybe I just got a bad batch...

Nike is the best sporting brand in the whole world. That's who we should be with.

Nah Adidas. Always has been Adidas. But, opinons and all that.

Adidas just has this retro vibe Nike simply can't match. Those 3 stripes invoke a more "classic" feeling that the swoosh can't capture simply because not only is Nike a far newer brand, the logo is also very modern and always has been.

So I guess maybe because of my age, Adidas has always resonated with me more. Obviously the stereotype of wogs preferring Adidas plays a part too.

Nah Adidas. Always has been Adidas. But, opinons and all that.

Adidas just has this retro vibe Nike simply can't match. Those 3 stripes invoke a more "classic" feeling that the swoosh can't capture simply because not only is Nike a far newer brand, the logo is also very modern and always has been.

So I guess maybe because of my age, Adidas has always resonated with me more. Obviously the stereotype of wogs preferring Adidas plays a part too.

Hah! It doesn't get any more iconic than a pair of Nike Air one's since the day Jordan got fined for wearing them they've been the most iconic shoe in the world. They go for upwards of a $1,000 before the re-releases.

Wish it was Adidas, or Nike, but happy that Star is gone.
I bought one of those back packs on sale for $40 bucks.
After using it for a while, I couldn't imagine paying the $80 it was originally sold for. Very, very poor quality. Zips are gonna s**t themselves in 6 months I reckon.

Hah! It doesn't get any more iconic than a pair of Nike Air one's since the day Jordan got fined for wearing them they've been the most iconic shoe in the world. They go for upwards of a $1,000 before the re-releases.

I never understood the purpose of buying expensive shoes.

It's all fine and dandy until a suspicious young fella steals them from you on the train.

But see, it's the Jordan brand that's iconic there.

If Jordan lent his name to Reebok, the shoes would still be iconic.

how comfy are their shoes! I wear their runners and cricket shoes, top notch.
Yep and they last! Very hard wearing whereas with Adidas or Nike, have to glue parts as rarely last 6 months. Have had some shockers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back