Injury Goodes getting closer to a return?

Remove this Banner Ad

Slightly OT but does anyone have a link to Goodes throwing the first pitch? It didn't make the broadcast here.

I always picture that awesome goal in 2006 as a real goodes moment, but not keen to watch that game again

Luckily enough, that goal usually pops up in Swans montages so you get to see it without putting yourself through the pain of watching the match.

I recorded every game last season and have them burnt out but wish I had access to other games throughout Goodes' career.

His game as a forward against Adelaide in round 6 2012 was a ripper until he injured himself going for his next mark (and goal of course). I think he'd already collected 6 by that stage and we looked like extending our run of 5 straight wins. Goodes went down, Crows got the points and we went into a slump, even losing to the lousy 'aint's. How many players can be unmatchable in so many positions ? His best ever game for me was his first solo ruck effort (1999 I think). Stafford went out and Goodes rucked against Corey McKernan. We staged an almighty comeback and Goodes (according to the media) admitted he chucked up on the way home from the effort. That was the night I knew he was special (Specccccccial - Bruce Mac voice).

OK I won't post any more nostalgia for fear of jinxing his return. Here's wishing for plenty more highlights to add to the reel !

Slightly OT but does anyone have a link to Goodes throwing the first pitch? It didn't make the broadcast here.

We didn't get that footage here either. This was the best image I could find.

I would hope he'd get at least 2-3 games in the 2s. Just like a fine waygu that's come straight out of the fridge he always takes a little while to warm back up in preperation to sizzle... And aside from the horrible analogies or puns, I hope to see the great man back playing seniors by mid season (bye). Give him every opportunity to run into finals fresh as a daisy and tear apart the finals campaign. If it means we have to hold him back early in the season then so be it. Last thing I want to see is Goodes breaking down again and calling it. I want to see the fairytale, the perfect ending to his career. I want him to come home strong and win us a premiership off his boot... That's what I want. That's what I'm hoping for. And I hope that's what the club is planning towards.

dreams

FF MCGLYNN TIPPETT GOODES
HF BUDDY T NANKERVIS HANNEBERY
C JETTA JACK MCVIEGH
FOLL PIKE KENNEDY MITCHELL
HB BIGGS REID MALCESKI
FB SMITH RICHARDS LRT
INT PARKER CUNNINGHAM TOWERS
SUB B JACK

The latest on Goodes.

"(Goodes is) running really well," Longmire said. "He's feeling as good as he has for a long time.

"His running program has really stepped up so we expect him to jump into some training next week.

"We're hoping (Tommy) Walsh and Tippett will start to do some ball work at the end of this week and Goodesy early next week.

"You never really know until you see them out on the ground and they're playing, but our medical team is reasonably confident in those two players (Goodes and Tippett) that they can get back and perform pretty quickly.

"As a footy club we're confident they'll be right."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldn't work it out as I've never seen a team picked upside down before
What would your team look like right way up.
I am not probably one quarter of your age in fact Im 20 years old. I challenge you to name a team position by position.
Over to you Bedford
BTW every forum needs someone like you. I learnt something. Will I learn more ?

sorry guys will not post any more. my son has had some fun at my expense. will continue to watch only.

sorry guys will not post any more. my son has had some fun at my expense. will continue to watch only.

You're still welcome to post. Are you both Swans supporters?

News on sydneyswans.com has Adam one week behind Kurt and Tommy Walsh who will be training with the 2's this week.

All is not lost, in a few weeks we should have 3 of our best back. LRT is likely to play this week or next, Kurt back in a couple along with Tommy and a week later Adam should be in the mix. Some experience, firepower and class in that list.

Looking forward to Kurt and Goodsey returning in the coming weeks. I immensely look forward to the Buddy and Kurt combo to see what that holds.

319581-tlsgallerylandscape.jpg

Glad Buddy also got rid of his beard, as I think he is a better player shaved.

319565-tlsgallerylandscape.jpg

For his first game back I kind of want to see Goodes as the sub. Would there have been a more dangerous sub in the history of the rule. I would hate to be the poor sod who after nearly 3 quarters of exhaustive play was told that they had to match up on a fresh Adam Goodes :)

News on sydneyswans.com has Adam one week behind Kurt and Tommy Walsh who will be training with the 2's this week.

All is not lost, in a few weeks we should have 3 of our best back. LRT is likely to play this week or next, Kurt back in a couple along with Tommy and a week later Adam should be in the mix. Some experience, firepower and class in that list.
Now all we need is ROK back.
Did they say when he starts up again?;)

Looking forward to Kurt and Goodsey returning in the coming weeks. I immensely look forward to the Buddy and Kurt combo to see what that holds.

319581-tlsgallerylandscape.jpg

Glad Buddy also got rid of his beard, as I think he is a better player shaved.

319565-tlsgallerylandscape.jpg

He had to get rid of it while we're losing. It seemed silly.

It's great to see Tippett kicking a ball again. A forward line of big Kurt and Franklin might not be far away.

He had to get rid of it while we're losing. It seemed silly.

It's great to see Tippett kicking a ball again. A forward line of big Kurt and Franklin might not be far away.
Yeah it is exciting to think of these guys playing together. Tippett needs to play deep and Buddy to be a leading half forward. The Bomber from 70-80 meters out is for Tippett to contest but the preference would be for the player to lower his eyes and hit Buddy on the 50. I think the important thing is for these guys to not get dragged to far up the ground so that we actually have something to kick to.

Yeah it is exciting to think of these guys playing together. Tippett needs to play deep and Buddy to be a leading half forward. The Bomber from 70-80 meters out is for Tippett to contest but the preference would be for the player to lower his eyes and hit Buddy on the 50. I think the important thing is for these guys to not get dragged to far up the ground so that we actually have something to kick to.

No reason why we are not doing this now.

You don't need Tippett for this to work.

The fear of course is it won't happen even when he comes back.

What does this have to do with Goodes coming back......I will leave now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back