Goodwin in trouble?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ptrg

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 19, 2008
FNQ (get me outta here)
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yeah, but hird wasn't a player either.. Does WASA place any accountability/punishment on coaches/doctors who organised and carried out the injections?
Or purely the players..?

ManWithNoName

TheBrownDog
Apr 6, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
LFC, Demons, Melb City, Bears
Yeah, but hird wasn't a player either.. Does WASA place any accountability/punishment on coaches/doctors who organised and carried out the injections?
Or purely the players..?
Hird largely oversaw it and instigated it. From my understanding, Goodwin wasn't involved at all.

TheCount

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, Packers
Yeah I've not heard Goodwin implicated in any of it, Hird has, and rightly so, taken the brunt of the punishment from the coaching staff perspective.

Plus, if Goodwin was to receive any sanction, I'm sure it would have been reported with the players this morning.

PerfectFooty

Perfect Cell
Apr 23, 2013
Benalla
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Williamstown Seagulls
Nah not in the slightest. Each coach really focusses on their own role in teaching and instructing players, unless you're head coach in which you oversee everything. The people guilty are those involved, so doctors, Hird, Dank and unfortunately the players. Goodwin and the rest of the Essendon coaching staff would have been focussed on coaching not what club doctors are up too, because it's not their position to focus on such things. Besides they too would probably have complete trust in their doctors also, i suspect that coaching staff from now on will not have the same amount of trust in their doctors

ManWithNoName

TheBrownDog
Apr 6, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
LFC, Demons, Melb City, Bears
Yeah I've not heard Goodwin implicated in any of it, Hird has, and rightly so, taken the brunt of the punishment from the coaching staff perspective.

Plus, if Goodwin was to receive any sanction, I'm sure it would have been reported with the players this morning.
Or it would've at least been floated as a possibility in the media. Haven't heard him mentioned at all though, through the whole thing.

pjfairbairn

Club Legend
Feb 21, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne
Not implicated? Remember this...

"Five Essendon staffers, including James Hird's personal assistant, have admitted to the AFL and the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority that they were treated last year by Stephen Dank with a variety of injections and oral supplements.

All five, along with Hird, have been accused by Dank of taking the World Anti-Doping Agency -blacklisted drug hexarelin. Although ASADA investigators have rigorously questioned all the staffers, it remains unclear whether any were aware they may have taken a WADA-banned drug. The five are Hird's assistant and Essendon football co-ordinator Sue Anderson, assistant coach Simon Goodwin, development coach James Byrne, conditioning coach Paul Turk and sports scientist Suki Hobson."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/bomber-five-admit-dank-drugs-link-20130510-2jdqc.html#ixzz3wzERKf4F

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RandB

Premium Platinum
Sep 9, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MUFC Norwood
On the 2013 '4 Corners' she asked Dank if Hird took any stuff and stipulated that there was nothing wrong with that if he did.

Can't see any problems with Goodwin and the AFL cleared him, not sure WADA can or would do anything anyway.

Top Bottom