Rumour Goodwin under close scrutiny

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely there’s more to this than just punting and a few beers with the boys? The club and Gil were getting calls about his behaviour and his issues. I’m not positive that people would ring Gil to say they saw Goody having a punt and a pot at the pub this afternoon.

Is there a correlation between being party animals and being successful in AFL ?

From the last twenty years: we've had seen it from Geelong, Hawks, Dees, Pies, Eagles (06).

Or is it just the case of everyone is doing it and it's only a scandal when you're near the top or bottom?
Every single club parties and parties hard. It’s all about not getting caught

Surely there’s more to this than just punting and a few beers with the boys? The club and Gil were getting calls about his behaviour and his issues. I’m not positive that people would ring Gil to say they saw Goody having a punt and a pot at the pub this afternoon.
Probably wanting to sample the 2k worth of coke that one of his star players was looking to acquire at Mooney Valley on the weekend.

There's definitely more going on - way too much internal racket for what's been reported as a few bets and a couple of big days on the piss.

Usually there's a couple of stand outs following a Grand Final win. Libba in '16, Liam Baker in '20. Amazingly Goody himself is best on this off season and showing no signs of slowing.

Just goes to show there's a bit of Simon Goodwin in all of us, and we're all silently cheering on his hedonic post Grand Final antics.

Murdoch is apparently a Melbourne supporter!

Fits the bill - old money Melbourne establishment figure who is a Dees supporter but not passionate enough or too tight to kick any money towards the club. There’s thousands of them, if they’d backed your mob with cash the way other clubs rich fans do, you’d be leading the all time premiership tally by a long way.

Fits the bill - old money Melbourne establishment figure who is a Dees supporter but not passionate enough or too tight to kick any money towards the club. There’s thousands of them, if they’d backed your mob with cash the way other clubs rich fans do, you’d be leading the all time premiership tally by a long way.
To be fair, I think Rupert is too busy backing right wing extremists, marrying rock stars wives and training Lachlan to be a c**t! When you're an evil megalomaniac, AFL football probably isn't your highest priority!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can tell you with certainty, first-hand, that Goodwin has anger management issues that REALLY manifest when he's been drinking.

It’s concerning if it is still happening. Doesn’t look like it though.

Anyways, I don’t know why the Australian public need to know about this in the first place. Just leave it between Melbourne and the AFL.
Because the media has to report something while they sweep the real stories under the carpet like good little minions.

I can tell you with certainty, first-hand, that Goodwin has anger management issues that REALLY manifest when he's been drinking.
Same with the saga surrounding the individual in the other national sport. I can tell you that with absolute certainty - first hand experience. Intimidating and threatening - and he wasn't pissed! Threw a tantrum and the toys out of the cot big time. Seems consistent with individuals who never work out of the industry. Poor interpersonal skills.

He's a head coach - of course he's a bully.
It's pretty much a pre-requisite of the job.

If there was anything to be shocked about its the gambling with the players.
But he's the current premiership coach, anyone hoping for any outrage-driven media pressure to fall upon him is going to be sorely disappointed. He's got the closest thing to an AFL Hall Pass right now.

Oh so bad, oh disgusting... you go man, you write a letter to the MFC detailing your disgust..
Im sure as a collingwood supporter the MFC board will sack him.

Out of curiosity... what doesn't disgust you?

if you look carefully, I actually said I was writing to their major sponsors, not to the MFC.

What doesn't disgust me? Long lockdowns and social distancing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back