Rumour Goodwin under close scrutiny

Remove this Banner Ad

Stand by this. Choco Williams is the one in the Coaches box and running training sessions, Simon Goodwin is down on the boundary line patting blokes on the back as they come off. He is like Dennis Denuto passing drinks of water in the Castle. As long as they keep Goodwin on the sideline they are a chance, the moment he steps back in the coach's box the Dees will be out.
Goodwin is unwell

As much as I hope this is true (Goodwin is the second worse coach in AFL history IMO) - OP has nothing in it and reads like someone wanting to start a thread so when Goodwin inevitability gets the arse he can say he had inside info.

Is he still the 2nd worst coach in AFL history?

Goodwin has a good support team and Williams has helped him keep his job.
Yep shows that you need to give your coach time to impliment their plan.

Geelong did it with Thompson, you guys did it with Hardwick and now we did it with Goodwin

Can't be like Carlton and get spooked into flicking the coach every 24 months and expect results

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What? Melbourne aren't even close to the second youngest list, both in terms of age and games played.
Fine. I read that we were and wouldnt know how to check it tbh.

Point still stands. We’re great and Goodwin is a legend.

Yep shows that you need to give your coach time to impliment their plan.

Geelong did it with Thompson, you guys did it with Hardwick and now we did it with Goodwin

Can't be like Carlton and get spooked into flicking the coach every 24 months and expect results
Yep, Vossy should be given 5 years to implement his plan. Enough of the sack the coach when things get tough mentality. It's a proven failure.

Goodwin said he wanted to take Jackson out of the ruck when he was dominating and turning the game but Gawn refused and told him to leave Jackson there. His coaching could have lost the game, so yes.
That's not what he said at all.

He said Gawn came up to him on the bench and said "leave Jackson in the middle". He said nothing about wanting to take Jackson out, just that Gawn has the leadership to acknowledge what's happening and sacrifice his own game. I think I've watched every interview since Saturday and I'd love you to point me to where Gawn refuses to go back to the middle as Goodwin has instructed him to.

He said Gawn came up to him on the bench and said "leave Jackson in the middle". He said nothing about wanting to take Jackson out, just that Gawn has the leadership to acknowledge what's happening and sacrifice his own game. I think I've watched every interview since Saturday and I'd love you to point me to where Gawn refuses to go back to the middle as Goodwin has instructed him to.
Why would Gawn say leave Jackson in the middle if nobody was wanting to move him?

Why would Gawn say leave Jackson in the middle if nobody was wanting to move him?
Because of set rotations probably. Timing across the quarter. But you're yet to point me where Gawn refused to go to the middle after Goodwin told him to go back there ... because you've misrepresented it completely as it didn't happen.

Sounds like a serious rift between Goody and Gawn. Hope they patch that up soon because I think you boys can back that up next year.

Goodwin said he wanted to take Jackson out of the ruck when he was dominating and turning the game but Gawn refused and told him to leave Jackson there. His coaching could have lost the game, so yes.

Aren’t you a ray of sunshine, your team team wins a flag for the first time in 57yrs and you’re still not happy.

Were you happier during the tanking years or when you would lose by 20 goals everytime you went to Geelong?

Or would you have been happier if Goodwin was sacked last year, a move Carlton would’ve done.

If you wish to find true happiness you could start supporting Carlton.

Let’s be honest mate, no matter how good the team performs long-term, no matter how good he truly coaches, you’ll still find a way to pot Goodwin and still have the same negative opinion of him. You have a confirmation bias. No matter how much contradictory evidence is in front of you, you’ll still hold on to the same false assumption. Its getting pathetic mate. Just admit you were wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back