Google Chrome

Remove this Banner Ad

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.
Yoo rite bro, I dus protest and so dus my wyf gaynst da big boys....gues dat mak me a bro ....yo.....

Should I have expected any less???

.....You guys are so much sport and I love it...

Is there any way to get multiple tab rows on Chrome? Chrome really needs an equivalent to Firefox's Tab Mix Plus.

What eternally frustrates me about Chrome? The Omnibox / address bar / search bar.

What it can do is great. But what it can't do is very annoying. In fact, compared to Firefox's Awesome Bar, the Chrome Omnibox is shit, really shit.

eg. two pages I go to a lot are

Poker - Forum - BigFooty
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=100

Poker News - News, Views and Gossip
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29/news-views-gossip/

Firefox address bar:
1. listed in dropdown if I type bigf, poke, 100
2. listed in dropdown if I type poker, news, views, goss, twop

Chrome address bar:
1. only finds it if I type bigf (ie. start of URL)
2. only finds it if I type foru (ie. start of URL) (how the **** is this helpful?)

This functionality is useless. Or am I missing something?

I also wish you could do something with the New Tab page. I have a Folder on the Bookmarks Bar called Chrome. I would love to put some of the bookmarks on the New Tab page, such as
- chrome://history/
- chrome://extensions/
- about:plugins
- chrome-extension://eemcgdkfndhakfknompkggombfjjjeno/main.html (Chrome bookmarks)

Can't you add some rss or search url to fix that in options? I saw something on reddit where they did this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for the advice guys, but really, my main issue is how crap the omnibox is compared to Firefox's awesome bar. Google need to fix that shit.

funnily enough, im the complete opposite. the address bar is why i like chrome over firefox.

on firefox often if i type in a one word search string it tries to connect to that domain and fails. chrome instant triggers a search after each keypress so by the time ive finished typing my results are already on screen.

and i dont actually use bookmarks.. everything i access i just type in the first letter of the url and hit enter..

ie. for facebook - f <enter>
bigfoooty - b <enter>

i honestly cant see how firefox can possibly be considered superior in this department. i've tried to go back to facebook because it has better plugins but i just cant do it.

funnily enough, im the complete opposite. the address bar is why i like chrome over firefox.

on firefox often if i type in a one word search string it tries to connect to that domain and fails. chrome instant triggers a search after each keypress so by the time ive finished typing my results are already on screen.

and i dont actually use bookmarks.. everything i access i just type in the first letter of the url and hit enter..

ie. for facebook - f <enter>
bigfoooty - b <enter>

i honestly cant see how firefox can possibly be considered superior in this department. i've tried to go back to facebook because it has better plugins but i just cant do it.

What do you do if you want to visit www.bigbooby.com?...I was going to say a different URL but it turned out to be an actual pr0n site.

I can't actually remember half the sites I visit until I see their bookmarks.

Everyone uses these things in different ways. I generally run multiple instances of the browser with maybe 40 - 60 tabs open at any one time. That would kill many people.

how often am i going to be visiting 2 sites that have very similar urls? the one time i might go to bigbooby.com heaven forbid i'll have to type it all out.

the other 150 times i go to bigfooty its just b <enter>

i will agree that firefox searches browsing history better in the address bar.. but chrome handles everything else better.

chrome still struggles with occasional rendering too.. i currently use firefox to access work stuff (sharepoint sites, outlook webmail), but chrome generally for everything else

how often am i going to be visiting 2 sites that have very similar urls? the one time i might go to bigbooby.com heaven forbid i'll have to type it all out.

the other 150 times i go to bigfooty its just b <enter>

i will agree that firefox searches browsing history better in the address bar.. but chrome handles everything else better.

chrome still struggles with occasional rendering too.. i currently use firefox to access work stuff (sharepoint sites, outlook webmail), but chrome generally for everything else

Sure you never visit www.bigbooby.com

The only thing I really miss about Firefox is actually the Google toolbar. It gave you the awesome highlight and search buttons, so you could type in a search term to Google it and then once you had found a page you could then just click on the same search words to find them on the page. Killer feature that I really miss. But yeah other than that Chrome kills it for me.

switched from FF not long ago for a couple of reasons. some weird .FLV problem, and the slow launch. i miss the address bar of FF, i don't want www.bigbooby.com to come up if someone else other than me starts typing. my home page has been 'about: blank' for years and that is still taking some getting used to as well.
toying with the idea of htmling up a homepage with all my bookmarks.

Everyone uses these things in different ways. I generally run multiple instances of the browser with maybe 40 - 60 tabs open at any one time. That would kill many people.

I always have a lot of tabs open also.

Does anyone know if Chrome has an equivalent option/plugin to the Tree Style Tabs addon for Firefox?

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tree-style-tab/

It makes much more sense to me, especially with widescreen monitors, to have the tabs vertically. It shits me having to scrolling left or right through tabs or using the drop down menu, when you have more than 10 or so tabs open. Plus when they are using the vertical layout, you can still read what the tabs actually are. I wont be switching to Chrome until vertical tabs are an option for me.

I really don't understand why something like that is not an inbuilt option - most websites don't use the full width of a larger monitor. I have enough room to have my tabs panel on the right and my bookmarks/rss/history panel on the left, and still see the full width of a page in the middle.

Even the pinned app tabs work better layout wise with Tree Style Tabs

Firefox may be a wee bit slower than Chrome but the add ons for it are the deal seal for me.

You can customise it sooo much :thumbsu:
Chrome was fun while it lasted!!

chrome usages is way up - almost 20% i think - usage seems to be lead by early adopters like techy geeks who like fast browsers. They are abandoning firefox for the same reasons they switched from ie to firefox in the first place - bloat and slowness :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back