Goorj the man

Remove this Banner Ad

hmm.. was there an all-star game played last yr?
cant remember it right now...

the north vs south game..

its a very enjoyable game to watch...

better than the old boomers vs. imports games...

Originally posted by ant

However, it's a pity winning an NBL championship seems so difficult for the Victorian teams...it's been a while...

You won't be saying that in 5 or 6 months time when the Tigers get their 3rd. :)

The last time we had this good a starting 5 we won 17 in a row

Originally posted by eastaugh36

just like last years playoff choke !

Titans are 3-3, after having a very disruptive start to the season ...... yes i know for most teams this would be a great start.... but i agree with you Easty for a great programme like the Titans its not good enough ...... long way to go fellas i wouldnt start crowing yet ...... Coz when we come good ......... hahahahahahahaha .... well be SCARY!

Brian Goorjian the most winningest coach in NBL history!

Originally posted by ant

However, it's a pity winning an NBL championship seems so difficult for the Victorian teams...it's been a while...

Tigers over the Magic I believe... :D :D :D

The Hitman

Originally posted by The Hitman

Tigers over the Magic I believe... :D :D :D

The Hitman

Yes, a good 4 years ago now, since then we've a double Sixers triumph, a Wildcats victory and the Hawks first title. So much for Victoria being the best basketball state.....at least not in recent memory... :D

Originally posted by BUBBALOUIS

Titans are 3-3, after having a very disruptive start to the season ...... yes i know for most teams this would be a great start.... but i agree with you Easty for a great programme like the Titans its not good enough ...... long way to go fellas i wouldnt start crowing yet ...... Coz when we come good ......... hahahahahahahaha .... well be SCARY!

Brian Goorjian the most winningest coach in NBL history!

you are 3-3 with ronaldson actually playing well, I would hate to see how you play when he goes into his annual slump !

Originally posted by ant

Yes, a good 4 years ago now, since then we've a double Sixers triumph, a Wildcats victory and the Hawks first title. So much for Victoria being the best basketball state.....at least not in recent memory... :D

yeppp... and again this year... the title will be won by a non-Vic team... :p

Originally posted by BUBBALOUIS
easty please dont be frightened and intimidated by the Titans and Brian Goorjian ........ id rather you hate the side and hate the coach anyway, must mean your SCARED ..... VERY VERY SCARED ... lol

Oh and isnt it good to hear Shane Heal say hed love to play under a coach like Goorj .... dont think he said that about Phil ' i got whacked by NZ ' Smythe:p

Well, isn't that typical of the type of person Angry Boy Shane Heal actually is

I don't like the coach so I am taking my ball and going home

appooint someone I like and I will think about it

SHane Heal should never play for Australia again. Egotistical maniac that he is.

On Phil Smythe

He clearly is a very good coach as his results in the NBL show

Before he came to Adelaide we had gone through a very oridinary period and he lifted us to back to back titles

We all remember last years semi too where that foul on Lowery and the subsewquent rulings that we were not allowed to stand around the key which won the HWaks the game in affect.

Now we lost to NZ.

Why?

We had retirements and injuries that would have put the West Coast Eagles to shame.

NZ just finished their season and were primed

Austalia had not even started and our guys had to play cold turkey

Smythe basically only had Maher that had played in Sydney and he got no minutes due to Barry Barnes being so one dimensional

Having said that - we should probably have still beaten New Zealand buty hey - they should get some credit too.

Smythe has been very harshly criticised though by many from the Eastern States, considering his stature in Australian basketball, with or without his national coaching stint.

And to his creidt he resigned before they sacked him.

All this Vic v NSW v SA v WA jealousy is going a bit far.

Lets hope the Boomes recover under Goorjan - but he has got three years to prepare and build a team. A luxury Smythe did not have.

Look how well the 36ers are doing this year with a young roster and only one import. Smythe can coach - no doubt about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back