Toast Goose

Remove this Banner Ad

kylegee28

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
What has he done this season?

Week in, Week out, he has been absolutely fantastic, and today was no different.

Really think he deserves some more attention :thumbsu:

Top 3 in our Best & Fairest so far for mine.

I think it was Ace that took him out?

Good work to Goose though, all of our defenders need pay rises. And good health insurance...

Been very solid throughout and consistant. I'll take those few mistakes and uneasiness when he has the ball in hand.

Yep! Good call, he really has completed a remarkable career turnaround, looked gone last year but is now a rock!

Unfortunately my dad took my copy of the record home, but there was a bit of a write up about how Matt's turned his career around after breaking his leg a few years ago with the Saints.

Otherwise I'd transpose some of it for you.

Very relevant thread after today..Faces a barrage of entries through out the season but have noticed that he is now bodying his opponent in a way that gives our defenders a better chance to clear. Top class today and an Adonis all season!!!

Unfortunately my dad took my copy of the record home, but there was a bit of a write up about how Matt's turned his career around after breaking his leg a few years ago with the Saints.

Otherwise I'd transpose some of it for you.

Was a good article, outlining his comeback from his broken leg 6 years ago, he was 22 then, turned 28 this week.:thumbsu:

I will admit to being a Maguire basher last season and I think it was warranted, but happy to admit he is a much better player this year (in most games). Still has the odd shocker and gives away some unnecessary free kicks,but he has improved a hell of a lot and is making better decisions

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goose's disposal is actually quite good under pressure, it's when he has time to think that he is prone to making a questionable decision. He seems to be quicker this year as well which has really helped. For me I would still have him at CHB and Sauce at FB when structure allows it; being burnt on the lead outside of 50 isn't as dangerous outside of scoring range... it really depends on the match-ups though.

Highlight for me was when he starting strolling up the field expecting a 50 only to be sent back. It should've been 50 though.

Highlight for me was when he starting strolling up the field expecting a 50 only to be sent back. It should've been 50 though.:thumbsu:Classic.

I love the bloke. Has a fantastic attack on the ball. So glad we have stuck with him and he has repaid the faith.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back