Event Goose's Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

2023 rising star.png

Yet again the Sophomores have screwed it and left the Rookies high and dry and yet again The Goose is here to save the day. (I won't call myself a hero, but if others think it is approriate I won't disagree)

Although the Sophomores are hopeless, Im not sure they are totally to blame for this once great award again being neglected, I think the decline started a few years back and many are to blame.

I think the Rookies need an explanation of why they have been so horribly neglected this year, so I will outline the history of the demise of this award and apportion blame to those at fault.

Ironically the class of Season 29 probably did too good a job and made the task too daunting. GremioPower created separate elements with not 1 but 2 weekly nominations that required loads of work on a weekly basis. The s29, but mostly Gremio, probably started the rot by expecting future draft classes to have the same commitment as the S29 class which History has shown to be jam full of some of the leagues most active participants.

And in another twist of fate, one of the rising stars biggest advocates was very demanding of his fellow s30 classmates and created a group who has actively worked against this once fine award.

Season 32 is where the wheels fell off. Greenery basically stuffed it. This is the first time that I had to save the day and in the end put together one of the greatest rising star performances in history, others did stuff too, but mostly me. (Again, Im not saying hero, but I think it is clear)

The last 2 seasons we've limped to the line with stuff that passes, but just.

This year, we've had no ongoing nominations, not rookie engagement via this award and unsurprisingly we see the old skool back in my day types whinging about rookies.

So here we are, The Goose is here today to save the Rookies with a rising star Event for the ages.

I will announce each rounds nominations over the course of the next few days.

I will arrange amazing write ups and cool graphics and it will be tops.

The rookies will be engaged, they will invigorate the league and the SFA will be saved.

Im not saying you guys should build a statue of me, but you probably should.

Last edited:

I like the part where none of the rookies were actually mentioned !!
Ill be nominating them shortly.
Im currently painstakingly analysing the the volumes of research I have compiled to make sure the Rookies are recognised correctly.

Ill be nominating them shortly.
Im currently painstakingly analysing the the volumes of research I have compiled to make sure the Rookies are recognised correctly.

So I can expect your PM asking for help soon then ??

[Insert cool Graphic] TheInjuryFactory I think you are the man for this.

Yet again the Sophomores have screwed it and left the Rookies high and dry and yet again The Goose is here to save the day. (I won't call myself a hero, but if others think it is approriate I won't disagree)

Although the Sophomores are hopeless, Im not sure they are totally to blame for this once great award again being neglected, I think the decline started a few years back and many are to blame.

I think the Rookies need an explanation of why they have been so horribly neglected this year, so I will outline the history of the demise of this award and apportion blame to those at fault.

Ironically the class of Season 29 probably did too good a job and made the task too daunting. GremioPower created separate elements with not 1 but 2 weekly nominations that required loads of work on a weekly basis. The s29, but mostly Gremio, probably started the rot by expecting future draft classes to have the same commitment as the S29 class which History has shown to be jam full of some of the leagues most active participants.

And in another twist of fate, one of the rising stars biggest advocates was very demanding of his fellow s30 classmates and created a group who has actively worked against this once fine award.

Season 32 is where the wheels fell off. Greenery basically stuffed it. This is the first time that I had to save the day and in the end put together one of the greatest rising star performances in history, others did stuff too, but mostly me. (Again, Im not saying hero, but I think it is clear)

The last 2 seasons we've limped to the line with stuff that passes, but just.

This year, we've had no ongoing nominations, not rookie engagement via this award and unsurprisingly we see the old skool back in my day types whinging about rookies.

So here we are, The Goose is here today to save the Rookies with a rising star Event for the ages.

I will announce each rounds nominations over the course of the next few days.

I will arrange amazing write ups and cool graphics and it will be tops.

The rookies will be engaged, they will invigorate the league and the SFA will be saved.

Im not saying you guys should build a statue of me, but you probably should.

Weird way of saying “give me Beez” votes but okay!

1) I have a gif for this !!

2) Can they let the Committee know - as we haven’t heard of any of them !!
Probably cause there was no ongoing rising star nominations.

I would have thought it was the text book method of asking for Beez votes.

I assume I'd already be very high on your list anyway.

I assume I'd already be very high on your list anyway.
Awkward Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS Goose have you run this by Sun Ra

0*Vka82bz_oJ9SxLli.gif
Saw it!
It was what motivated me to take action.

To misquote JFK, "The only thing required for mediocrity to prosper in the world is that great men do nothing"

As a great man, I refuse to stand by and let mediocrity prosper.

Saw it!
It was what motivated me to take action.

To misquote JFK, "The only thing required for mediocrity to prosper in the world is that great men do nothing"

As a great man, I refuse to stand by and let mediocrity prosper.
I'm confused, I thought you were a goose

GWS Goose have you run this by Sun Ra

0*Vka82bz_oJ9SxLli.gif
I'm not too concerned Turbo, I'm not expecting GWS Goose to actually do anything meaningful here.

GWS Goose - yes this is OBVIOUSLY a beez whore posting.... :(
feeling a bit embarrassed for you mate

sad face.gif

I'm not too concerned Turbo, I'm not expecting GWS Goose to actually do anything meaningful here.
Sun Ra Too true - Looks like you have pegged the goose correctly as he has gone early.

Yeah- celebrating Christmas in July June this year!!
1686199201208.png

I shall sit back now and let @GWS Goose carry on with his beez whoring
So looks like now we have 'Dinner and a Show' NOICE!!

Come and join the official 'Rising Star awards night': Thursday 22nd June at 8 pm

Unless of course you're too busy beez whoring like a goose lol

GWS Goose - yes this is OBVIOUSLY a beez whore posting.... :(
feeling a bit embarrassed for you mate

View attachment 1707234

Sun Ra Too true - Looks like you have pegged the goose correctly as he has gone early.

Yeah- celebrating Christmas in July June this year!!
View attachment 1707226

So looks like now we have 'Dinner and a Show' NOICE!!

Come and join the official 'Rising Star awards night': Thursday 22nd June at 8 pm

Unless of course you're too busy beez whoring like a goose lol
I hope you Sophomores aren't deflecting from your own shortcomings that have severely let the Rookies down to the point where league "legends" (yes I know Im using this term lightly) such as NaturalDisaster and TedDougChris have had to publically enquire about who the Rookies were!

The Sophomores failed to provide a platform for out (presumably) talented Rookies to shine.

In the words of Greta

"HOW DARE YOU"

[insert awesome Greta GIF]

RnD 1 Rising Star Nominations
Round 1 Nomination
SaintsSeptember

Our first nomination is the Bombers SaintsSeptember. He started the season on fire. His skipper BLUEALLTHRU whacked him straight into the guts off the bat and he got some reasonable stats. Falconista your good at stats, can you put some crap in here about him getting a few kicks and what not. I looked at your compendium and after 4 rounds he did some stuff.
It looks like he did some posting and stuff too. He is a Bomber, so there is no way I'm going to read their thread voluntary. Sun Ra post something here to encourage your Rookie about posting.
Falc, any of the rookies good at graphics, get one of them to photoshop this bloke getting an award or something.

Hey Saints, pretend this happened in round 1 like it should have and reply all happy and stuff.

Other Rookies, you should have been better. You should jump in and whinge that you were robbed. Some of you probably were.

Round 1 Nomination
SaintsSeptember

Our first nomination is the Bombers SaintsSeptember. He started the season on fire. His skipper BLUEALLTHRU whacked him straight into the guts off the bat and he got some reasonable stats. Falconista your good at stats, can you put some crap in here about him getting a few kicks and what not. I looked at your compendium and after 4 rounds he did some stuff.
It looks like he did some posting and stuff too. He is a Bomber, so there is no way I'm going to read their thread voluntary. Sun Ra post something here to encourage your Rookie about posting.
Falc, any of the rookies good at graphics, get one of them to photoshop this bloke getting an award or something.

Hey Saints, pretend this happened in round 1 like it should have and reply all happy and stuff.

Other Rookies, you should have been better. You should jump in and whinge that you were robbed. Some of you probably were.
You actually did something ? Well, I'll be damned. I probably already am .....
Anyway, good job but I thought Dazjack was very stiff.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back