GoSaints12 2nd Phantom Draft - Offical pick placement thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 44: Hawthorn selects Jack Ginnivin.

Ginnivin finalises the overhaul of the Hawthorn forward line, adding another player with class, goal sense, evasive skills and upside alongside new team mate Bailey Laurie.
Able to find his own footy and dispose of it smartly, Ginnivin will remain somewhat of a project player for a time but is rounded enough to develop into a crafty, hard-running half forward capable of applying defensive pressure and kicking much-needed goals when his team requires them.

Last edited:
Richmond select with Pick #45 - Liam Kolar
23/04/2002 195cm / 81kg

Another player that fits the Richmond mantra of players that are physically good athletes that have the ability to run and run all game chasing & Tackling
Kolar has a 20mtr time of 2.87 and 2klm time of 6.02 and YoYo of 21.7 making him elite in all 3 catergories. Combined with his height and leap we are looking for him to develop into a Dylan Grimes replacement in 2-3 years time. Liam is also a competent foward with his fast lead and good hands The next and most significant step in his development will be to hone his football knowledge and craft, things which typically come with experience.

STRENGTHS ›
Vertical leap * Athleticism * Versatility * Endurance * Scope

blueiris

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wowee! You have the Saints 1st pick falling out to 37. Don't mind Dumesny though, think we do need a pure winger to replace Billings, so he can play off the Bench?

Wowee! You have the Saints 1st pick falling out to 37. Don't mind Dumesny though, think we do need a pure winger to replace Billings, so he can play off the Bench?

There was a trade deal. I had my eye on both Trew and Berry. Very happy with Dumesny, I think that he could play half-forward and play on the wing switching with Billings.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Carlton pick #49 - Ryan Angwin
12/12/2002 184cm / 72kg
BALANCED MIDFIELDER
STRENGTHS › CourageEndurance UpsideFooty smarts Work rate

I always love these bottom age kids being drafted with the possibility of what they would have done if they were 1 month younger and eligible for the next year knowing how much they would improve.
Ryan Angwin was a consistent performer for Gippsland Power in his bottom-age year, Standing at 184cm and just 72kg, Angwin is certainly lightly built, but shares some similarities with former Gippsland Power captain, Xavier Duursma. Like the now Port Adelaide youngster.
Angwin has an elite endurance base, showing it off with his remarkable 6:11 2km time trial, which was among the top five fastest recorded time at the AFL Draft Combines across the country. Adding in his three-second 20m sprint and 80cm running vertical leap, Angwin has enough athleticism to suggest that area will not hold him back in the future .

blueiris

Remove this Banner Ad

Back