27: Hawthorn - Charlie Clarke

28: Collingwood - Max Gruzewski

29: West Coast - Coby Burgiel

30: Collingwood: Harry Lemmey

31: St Kilda: Mitch Syzbkowski

32: Carlton: Darcy Jones

33: North: Ethan Phillips

34: GWS: Noah Long

35: Adelaide: Max Michelanny (matched bid)

36: Port: Sam Gilbey

37: Hawthorn: Billy Dowling

38: Melbourne: Tom Scully

39: St Kilda: Nick Sadler

R3

40: Western Bulldogs: Adam D'Aloia

41: Fremantle: Jed Hagan

42: Hawthorn: Jakob Ryan

43: Sydney: Phoenix Foster

44: Fremantle: Hugh Davies

45: Fremantle: Jackson Broadbent

46: Essendon: Anthony Munkara (matched bid)

47: Essendon: Jayden Davey (matched bid)

48: Gold Coast: James Van Es

49: St Kilda: Toby McMullin

50: Carlton: Jason Gillbee

51: Richmond: Kaleb Smith

52: GWS: Harry Rowston

53: Geelong: Harvey Gallagher

R4

54: Adelaide: Will Verrell

55: Adelaide: Hugh Bond

56: Port: Luke Teal

57: Western Bulldogs: Jaxon Biggs

58: Fremantle: Jasper Scaife, (bid matched)

59: Richmond: Jovan Petric

60: Geelong: Jaiden Magor

61: Hawthorn: Blake Drury

62: Carlton: Jack Maibaum

63: North: Oscar Murdoch

64: Brisbane: Casey Voss

65: Collingwood: Nick Madden, (GWS pass)

66: North: Cooper Harvey

67: Brisbane: Shadeau Brain

Last edited:

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Max Michelanny bid was confirmed, right? If not, I'd have bid on him here. After its inevitable acceptance:

The Dogs select Adam D'Aloia. With Dunkley's departure this off-season, the Dogs' midfield isn't getting any younger, with Bailey Smith our only youngster who's proved he can match it at the top level. D'Aloia is almost a like-for-like to the type of player we lost in Dunkley; a tough contested beast of a mid, good size, competitive, consistent, and a natural leader. Just about the highest floor of any player at this level, and a pretty decent ceiling as well.

Also considered: Jaxon Binns

WilloTree Freo's up

Last edited:

Gosaints12

Premiership Player
Sep 10, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ferrari
Max Michelanny bid was confirmed, right? If not, I'd have bid on him here. After its inevitable acceptance:

The Dogs select Adam D'Aloia. With Dunkley's departure this off-season, the Dogs' midfield isn't getting any younger, with Bailey Smith our only youngster who's proved he can match it at the top level. D'Aloia is almost a like-for-like to the type of player we lost in Dunkley; a tough contested beast of a mid, good size, competitive, consistent, and a natural leader. Just about the highest floor of any player at this level, and a pretty decent ceiling as well.

Also considered: Jaxon Binns

WilloTree Freo's up

Didn’t realise that D’Aloia was still there

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
Pick 43 - Hawthorn selects Jakob Ryan

Duke and CJ need some cult figure competition.

My aim has been to draft athletic, dynamic footballers capable of playing multiple positions. As well as duel position capabilities, they need to be above average to elite by foot.

Ryan joins Will Day in being a South Australian capable of playing both as an intercepting/rebounding defender and winger as well as offering penetrating pin point disposal.

Hawthorn current acquisitions:

Pick 7: Cam Mackenzie
Pick 27: Charlie Clarke
Pick 37: Billy Dowling
Pick 43: Jakob Ryan

I will look to take one more player if he's available in the national draft, then add one rookie.

briztoon

Sep 16, 2015
Inside 50
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
Time for an update Gosaints12 for Us that are refreshing every 5 minutes
Since Burgiel

30 - Coll - Lemmey
31 - StK - Sybkowski
32 - Car - Jones
33 - Nth - Phillips
34 - GWS - Long
35 - Ade - Machalanney
36 - PtA - Gilbey
37 - Haw - Dowling
38 - Mel - Scully
39 - StK - Sadler
40 - WB - D'Aloia
41 - Fre - Hagan
42 - Haw - Ryan

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Pick 43 Sydney.

Phoenix Foster (Norwood)

Ruck Forward

Height: 197cm
Weight: 87kg
D.O.B: 12-09-2004

Rookie Me Profile.

With pick 46 Gold Coast bid on Anthony Munkara (West Adelaide, 186 cm/77 kg, medium forward)

Essendon match. In the real thing I hope he slips through so we can take him as a Category B rookie but I wanted to finish my draft. Munkara is an exciting prospect with his kicking and athleticism, someone to really watch out for in the future.

Pick 47 Gold Coast bid on Jayden Davey (Oakleigh Chargers, 179 cm/79 kg, small forward).

Essendon match. Like above, I can see him going in the rookie draft but I wanted to finish the Essendon stuff now. A second ACL stopped Davey from going second round but he won't care. He takes after his dad more than his brother and expect him to terrorise defences for a long time.

Pick 48 Gold Coast select James Van Es (Greater Western Victoria Rebels, 196 cm/97 kg, Key Defender)

Van Es is one of the more underrated key defenders in the pool, his size and speed means he can play on a range of opponents. Would be perfect for Gold Coast here.

Back to WilloTree

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2015
Inside 50
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
With pick 46 Gold Coast bid on Anthony Munkara

Essendon match

Pick 47 Gold Coast bid on Jayden Davey

Essendon match

Pick 48 Gold Coast select James Van Es (Greater Western Victoria Rebels, 196 cm/97 kg, Key Defender)

All write ups to come

Back to WilloTree
I'm pretty sure this pick would have shuffled back when I matched bid on Machalanney

edit - yep, matched with 6 points to spare.

Gosaints12 you're up.

Last edited:

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Sydney draft analysis.

Pick 15 Sydney.
Brayden George (Murray Bushrangers)

Forward-Mid
Height: 185cm
D.O.B: 13-01-2004

Pick 18 Sydney.
Harry Barnett (West Adelaide)

Ruck
Height: 202cm
Weight: 93kg
D.O.B: 22-01-2004

Pick 43 Sydney.
Phoenix Foster (Norwood)

Forward-Ruck
Height: 197cm
D.O.B: 12-09-2004

I was looking to strengthen two main areas for Sydney this draft, size up forward, and power and size through the midfield. However I was pretty sure my prefered targets would be off the board before my first pick, so I looked at possible holes or roles to fill in future years.

From my limited viewing and knowledge of Sydney's list, they are missing a powerful mid-forward, in the mold of Dusty Martin/Christian Petracca/Cam Rayner.

So with my first selection I went for Brayden George. Highly touted (by Twomey) coming in to the year, George suffered two knee injuries this year, the second, an acl tear, ending his season prematurely. As we have seen with the likes of Petracca and Rayner, an acl injury isn't the end for a power athlete, and I will be backing in Sydney's rehab team to have George back on track sometime in the second half of next season.

Like Dusty, Petracca and Rayner, I expect George to be a slow burn athlete, as he he builds his tank for more midfield time as he develops at AFL Level. Probably not hitting his peak until his mid 20's.

With three rucks over 30, Sydney only has one young recogniseable ruck on their list, Peter Ladhams. (yes I know they have a young academy ruck on the rookie list as well) So I thought with their second selection, it would be the right spot to grab this years top young ruck prospect, Harry Barnett.

I like mobile, athletic rucks who can compete in the ruck contest, and contribute around the ground. Barnett has shown this ability as a junior.

With the league potentially moving to 5 players on the bench, I foresee many more clubs moving to playing 2 rucks. With one being able to play up forwad, or as we've seen Max Gawn do more often in recent seasons, drop back in to defence to act as a key intercepting figure.

This is a role I believe Barnett would thrive in, with his strong marking and ability to use the ball when in space.

With Sydney's third selection it was time at add to their key forward stocks. This years draft class is light on for key forwards, particularly key forwards who have demonstrated a consistency over the season. While not as hyped as some of the talls that have already been picked, Phoenix Foster displayed two key aspects this season; the ability to compete with the nations best during the U18 carnival, and compete week in and week out throughout the season.

Foster is an athletic tall, who is a very strong contested mark, and while raw, has all the tools to develop as a key forward. He also showed his ability to play through the ruck, pairing with Barnett at state level.

Sep 16, 2015
Inside 50
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
Your time came and went, you got Sam gilbey due to power rankings and Gold Coast picked Van es. We are up to pick 46 or 47 now
I'm pretty sure we're at Pick 49

43 - Syd - Foster
44 - Freo - Davies
45 - Freo - Broadbent
46 - Ess - Mankara
47 - Ess - Davey
48 - Suns - Van Ess

The Adelaide pick was used to match bid, so we're up to St Kilda Gosaints12

49 - St Kilda
50 - Carlton
51 - Richmond
52 - Adelaide