I'll match the bid
Elijah Hollands (AH)
- Only got to show his midfield traits in the all-stars game and looked set to show more this year if not for the ACL, still a certain top 10 selection and is a Connor Rozee type
Zavier Maher (AH)
- Maher is a tough one, he shares some similarities to players like Rowbottom and Sparrow as powerful mids but not the hugest disposal winner but he apparently had a delayed pre-season last year, a great kick considering he plays like a bull on the inside
Dominic Bedendo (AH)
- If there a late draft favourite for me its Bedendo he would be close to top 10 on potential alone with his athletic traits and scope. Overall impact on games is what he needs to work on and even if he played a full year I think he gets drafted on what he can do in 5 years time
Charlie Byrne (AH)
Run and carry
- Not many issues I have with Byrne and he might have been rated higher by others if he played for a Metro club, can play half back and wing and not a completely outside player either
- An NGA prospect for Richmond he was an AA CHB at the 16 championships but sort of stagnated this year struggling to really show his wares, needs to lift his overall impact on games but has some upside, also a talented cricketer
Interested observer here but in reality there isnt a hope freo will pass on Joel Western. He’s going to be a gun and they would match a bid from 15 onwards without thinking twice. He’s ahead of Brandon walker too at the moment in the real world..Yep, Freo should pass.
15 onwards. Wow. Way too high. I don’t think they would do that at all. Late 2nd early 3rd match for sure without blinking, but not earlier than that without thinking twice or even thriceInterested observer here but in reality there isnt a hope freo will pass on Joel Western. He’s going to be a gun and they would match a bid from 15 onwards without thinking twice. He’s ahead of Brandon walker too at the moment in the real world..
No chance of a top 30 bid for me, Walker also unlikely but as their isn’t a lot of speedy rebound defenders in this draft it could see him get a higher bid than expected.15 onwards. Wow. Way too high. I don’t think they would do that at all. Late 2nd early 3rd match for sure without blinking, but not earlier than that without thinking twice or even thrice
Not sure about this, but anyway, puts me up.Melbourne Pass
I passed because I was going of the rules of smaller squad lists that maybe coming inNot sure about this, but anyway, puts me up.
Going to keep Gosaints12 happy and not double down on small forward prospects with Laurie.
Coin toss leaves me with my original planned pick before taking Thilthorpe (much more than a ruck). Blues need a developing genuine ruck. Perfect time to take one with a year or two left for Kreuzer (we hope) and Casboult. I see this far preferable to taking a journeyman as a back up to TDK and Pittonet.
Pick 41 - Carlton - Henry Walsh
Young beanpole, while no spectacular traits, simply is a good ruckman. Needs to do a little more around the ground based on last year, but in all fairness, underage rucks rarely shine. Good enough to command a rep spot in his underage year. If he has the work rate of his "big brother" will be a quality player. Will also serve as "holder" alleviating the possibility of the Cats taking Henry and coming after Sam (thus selection perhaps earlier than projected by the "smarties")
Pretty sure Bastyy up next.