GoSaints12 Phantom Draft, Draft floor. 8am tomorrow start. Live trade of picks is on.

Gosaints12

Premiership Player
Sep 10, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ferrari
Not sure about this, but anyway, puts me up.
Going to keep Gosaints12 happy and not double down on small forward prospects with Laurie.

Coin toss leaves me with my original planned pick before taking Thilthorpe (much more than a ruck). Blues need a developing genuine ruck. Perfect time to take one with a year or two left for Kreuzer (we hope) and Casboult. I see this far preferable to taking a journeyman as a back up to TDK and Pittonet.

Pick 41 - Carlton - Henry Walsh

Young beanpole, while no "spectacular" traits, simply is a good ruckman. Needs to do a little more around the ground based on last year, but in all fairness, underage rucks rarely shine. Good enough to command a rep spot in his underage year. If he has the work rate of his "big brother" will be a quality player. Will also serve as "holder" alleviating the possibility of the Cats taking Henry and coming after Sam (thus selection perhaps earlier than projected by the "smarties")

Pretty sure Bastyy up next.

How do you guys know I want him?

Sep 18, 2015
The Hippodrome
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hornets, Mariners, Falcons
Pick 43 - Port Adelaide - Bailey Chamberlain (Inside Midfielder/South Australia)

Chamberlain is one of the few players left in my top 30, and with no talls of interest I decided to go with him. Absolute ball magnet who while short, has a huge development scope

Pie 4 Life is up

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Pick 43 - Port Adelaide - Bailey Chamberlain (Inside Midfielder/South Australia)

Chamberlain is one of the few players left in my top 30, and with no talls of interest I decided to go with him. Absolute ball magnet who while short, has a huge development scope

Pie 4 Life is up
Going under the radar now, will jump up if we get some champs games going

Mar 26, 2017
Inner Sanctum
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
GBay-WSox-Bulls-Blackhawks-LSU-UNC

Pie 4 Life is up
good pick

Sep 18, 2015
The Hippodrome
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hornets, Mariners, Falcons
Pick 45 - Port Adelaide - Isiah Winder (Small Forward/Western Australia)

Had Lazzaro lined up at this pick but got pipped at the post

Not exactly an immediate need for Port, but with Robbie Gray at 32 and Steven Motlop now 29, it's an area that will need to be assessed in the coming years. Winder is a small forward from Peel Thunder and was excellent in last years colts grand final. Someone from WA who could fly under peoples radars without a champs but is an excellent talent nonetheless

Davo-27 is up

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
Pick 46 - Hawthorn - Jack Carroll - East Fremantle - 188cm 79kg

Noticed him in the futures game, moves well, uses the ball well, has a good build and height for footy, clean skills and seems composed, a player I would like to see perform in the champs when the season starts up, could be a huge steal imo.

Pick 47 - Hawthorn - Bailey Laurie - Oakleigh - 178cm 76kg

Talented half forward who can also play mid, very skillful player with some tricks up his sleeve, a goal kicker and a player who can set up team mates for scoring opportunity, had a big month or so leading into the finals and during the finals for Oakleigh in 2019

Was hoping to get Lazzaro, but Collingwood beat me to him, Lazzaro with the 22.3 yoyo and 7.8 agility test results earlier in the year along with being one of my favourites that I mentioned ad nauseum in my 2019 thread, but i got 2 beauties anyway.

weltschmerz

Last edited:

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
With pick 48 the Western Bulldogs select Lochlan Jenkins of the Oakleigh Chargers

I was reaally hoping Jenkins would get to this pick. Jenkins was runner-up MVP of the Chargers last year, a really stacked team. He's great on a wing, knows how to throw a tackle and handle a contested possession, ad had a couple of blinders in his underage year (a 35-possession 21-contested game, and another 10-tackle game). I think he would have had a real breakout year this year. He's a bit small but he plays tough, which is exactly what the Dogs need.

1588501765093.png

getgaff

Last edited:

getgaff

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 30, 2010
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Miami Heat, Old Easts
Pick 49: West Coast - Dyson Hilder

Write up to follow but I’m looking at a more lock down defender that would be ready to play physically post Will Schofield.

PMBangers GWS are up with your Tom Green carry over pick.

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
Pick 50 - Connor Stone
Oakleigh Chargers | General Forward
188 cm | 82 kg

connor stone.jpg

An exciting Half Forward who's shown a bit in the midfield, Connor Stone is one of the X-Factor picks of the 2020 draft. Great Mark, ground work and handskills with athleticism as well whatConnor offers in the forward half can't be underestimated. There's not much Connor doesn't do well, with the major criticism being his production, he's not a massive disposal winner even in his best games, so adding that to his game would be awesome.

At his best Connor reminds me of a Jaiydn Stephenson type in the forward line, being a slightly shorter target that's just as good in the air as he is on the lead or at ground level.

For the GIANTS, he doesn't fill a need, but at this stage in the draft when a talent like Connor is available you don't get picky. I'd hope he would develop some form of midfield craft, as I view his acceleration a big POD, especially around stoppages

andleanback up with the cats

Also considered: Cody Brand, Charlie Byrne, Cody Raak, Nick Stevens, Josh Treacy, Josh Clarke

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Pick 51 - Geelong - Liam McMahon (Northern Knights) 194cm/80kg

Geelong need a key forward replacement for THawkins who is nearing the end of a long career and its a position they dont have much young depth in (Jenkins only a 1 or 2 year proposition). With other options in Baldwin,Callow, Thilthorpe and Mcdonald taken early (I wouldve taken Baldwin if he was there at pick 13) Mcmahon is a great value pick at this stage of the draft with heaps of potential upside. He doesnt have the resume of some of the other key forward prospects in this draft but he is still a serious talent. He would have one of the best sets of hands in the draft and loves to take the ball at the highest point, pair that with a impressive vertical leap and you have dangerous combination that would worry even the best defenders. Watching McMahon play he is a very clean player and moves around the forward line with speed and agility, whether thats on a lead or contesting for ground balls, currently he is only 80kg so it will take him some to fill out and grow into his body. A couple of years in the VFL should see him improve his forward craft and work on becoming consistent forward that his team can rely on, so that he's ready when Hawkins decides to retire.
getgaff you’re up

Last edited:
Back