Got my VPN, got my high quality Netflix

Remove this Banner Ad

If you're just using it for Netflix find a DNS proxy, it's cheaper and easier and probably faster as it still just streams directly to and from your internet with no middle-man. Of course you might be using the VPN for other stuff tooooo :)

Personally I'm just switching to the Aussie Netflix as it's cheaper now with the exchange rate, and I don't care enough for the extra shows tbh.

Do it boys and girls. Can't speak highly enough of it.

Are you paying for an account through the Australian version? I recommend you do even if it's slightly more expensive.

Always good to support the Australian product, which means more content.:thumbsu:

Can you give us more Info on What VPN you got and Price.

Also how you set it up? and Can you use it for Torrents?

VPN was Private Internet Access and it costs $51 Australian for a year.

You go to the site, pay and download it off the site. Had a few teething issues during the set-up but did an online chat thing with them and got it sorted after a while.

Not sure about torrents Dave, I've used it so I can get US Netflix.

If you're just using it for Netflix find a DNS proxy, it's cheaper and easier and probably faster as it still just streams directly to and from your internet with no middle-man. Of course you might be using the VPN for other stuff tooooo :)

Personally I'm just switching to the Aussie Netflix as it's cheaper now with the exchange rate, and I don't care enough for the extra shows tbh.

I probably understood about 3 words in that paragraph.

It was pretty cheap at $51 a year so happy with that.

I probably understood about 3 words in that paragraph.

It was pretty cheap at $51 a year so happy with that.

Ah yeah no worries with $51, DNS proxies are probably about the same cost. Basically what that does is make it look - at first glance - like your IP originates from whatever country the DNS is from. Unlike a VPN or normal proxy however it's still just your connection, you don't need to connect through another service in order to reach your destination. It's incredibly easy to see past this, but companies like Netflix of course choose not to.

It actually works wonders with the free international live streaming on the AFL website during the NAB Cup... I probably should have said something but it just slipped my mind completely tbh lol.

Ah yeah no worries with $51, DNS proxies are probably about the same cost. Basically what that does is make it look - at first glance - like your IP originates from whatever country the DNS is from. Unlike a VPN or normal proxy however it's still just your connection, you don't need to connect through another service in order to reach your destination. It's incredibly easy to see past this, but companies like Netflix of course choose not to.

It actually works wonders with the free international live streaming on the AFL website during the NAB Cup... I probably should have said something but it just slipped my mind completely tbh lol.

I was wondering about that. If I could access footy via the AFL's international app and get rid of Foxtel, that would be great. But I've heard the quality is poor and can't be mirrored to the television.

I was wondering about that. If I could access footy via the AFL's international app and get rid of Foxtel, that would be great. But I've heard the quality is poor and can't be mirrored to the television.

The quality is the same as you get with the match replays on the site, so you can check those out and see what you think. If you wanted to mirror it to the tele you'd need a computer of some sort to run it from. The live app for the phone can be reflected but the resolution is a lot worse.

The quality is the same as you get with the match replays on the site, so you can check those out and see what you think. If you wanted to mirror it to the tele you'd need a computer of some sort to run it from. The live app for the phone can be reflected but the resolution is a lot worse.

Cheers I'll take a look

Would be my intention too. So, how much to join the international site? And just do it so we all know what to expect, cheers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back