Multiplat Gotham Knights - Coming October 25th, 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

The FAQ only mentions 2 players. :(

A few random thoughts: Animations look a bit janky. Going to be interest to see how they make the 3 melee characters feel different from each other. I assume it's in the comics but the soul jumping thing just looks ridiculous.

I saw something on Twitter that the PS store had it listed as 1-4 player coop. Someone in the comments varified that it was indeed there. Speculation was that was just a * up though.

I agree the soul jumping looked ridiculous, I'm not familiar with the back stories or comics though.

30fps should not even be a thing any more on current gen. 60fps shouldn't be a feature anymore and should be standard.

Yeah, pass. That's not good enough.

I always use performance mode on the Series X for all games. The minor graphical improvement in 'quality' mode is never worth the frame rate dip.

Yeah, pass. That's not good enough.

I always use performance mode on the Series X for all games. The minor graphical improvement in 'quality' mode is never worth the frame rate dip.

The excuses are poor too. PC gamers were playing at 1080p/60fps on mid to high end hardware in 2010. The hardware in these current gen consoles destroy PC hardware from 10 years ago. 4k/30 and 1080p(or adaptive res)/60 should just be expected and standard now.

The excuses are poor too. PC gamers were playing at 1080p/60fps on mid to high end hardware in 2010. The hardware in these current gen consoles destroy PC hardware from 10 years ago. 4k/30 and 1080p(or adaptive res)/60 should just be expected and standard now.
Please just use your mod powers and bin this whole thread, it's what the game now deserves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are some cryptic tweets from game reviewers about an embargo date that’s post launch, I wonder if they are talking about this game?

If that’s the case it’s not a good sign…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Dev blames the Series S by calling it a potato 🤣

Again, they could just optimise for different platforms.

The Series S exists, though, and Microsoft won't let you launch on one without the other. An entire generation of games, hamstrung by that potato.

Dev blames the Series S by calling it a potato 🤣

Again, they could just optimise for different platforms.

Just make the S run in 30 & the rest run in 60, simple.

I’d even delay the S version a few weeks if the are desperate to hit a date. This will kill sales a lot more than they think.

Last edited:
So is that 4K/30fps, or any resolution at 30fps? Not sure why they are unable to have an 1080/60fps option for Series S and have a middle ground and run at 1600-1800p at 60fps on Series X and PS5 like some other games have done.

The game, from what I've seen, looks graphically similar to Arkham Knight, so I'm not sure what is so graphically taxing about the game that is stopping them from achieving the expected framerate.

So is that 4K/30fps, or any resolution at 30fps? Not sure why they are unable to have an 1080/60fps option for Series S and have a middle ground and run at 1600-1800p at 60fps on Series X and PS5 like some other games have done.

The game, from what I've seen, looks graphically similar to Arkham Knight, so I'm not sure what is so graphically taxing about the game that is stopping them from achieving the expected framerate.
They've said it's the co-op that is the reason for 30FPS. It's drop in drop out and you can go anywhere and do anything in someone else's game, there's no tethering and everything you do counts in your own game when you go back to it. I think that's the perfect way to do co-op but I have no idea if that is taxing enough to mean the FPS is lowered.

Must be an awful feeling being one of the developers that worked on this, anxiously sitting around right now knowing that in a few days time your last few years of work is probably going to launch to bad critical reception, non-stop review bombing and be a total bug-filled mess with shite performance.

Must be an awful feeling being one of the developers that worked on this, anxiously sitting around right now knowing that in a few days time your last few years of work is probably going to launch to bad critical reception, non-stop review bombing and be a total bug-filled mess with shite performance.

Getting a few 4's, 5's and 7's so far

Remove this Banner Ad

Back