FTA-TV Gotham

Remove this Banner Ad

Heroes was guilty of it too and it never really recovered (well, that and the writer's strike).

Thank god they got S1 in before the strike.
Truly fantastic.

SAVE THE CHEERLEADER , SAVE THE WORLD

Back friday our time.

Fox8 are showing s4 on 3 week delay lol wtf ?

It think its season 3. so its a 1 year delay.

They only just got the rights from Ch9 last month, They have been playing episodes from season 1 at 3:30 everyday. I think they are half way through season 2 right now.

Since Ch9 never showed season 3 they cant just skip to season 4.

How was the last season of Gotham? I caught the SDCC trailer (that I think recapped last season's events) that had raised my interest.

My major gripe with the series was the tone, like how they'd regularly go from a serious drama to a slap stick comedy within the same scenes and how poorly the characters were like caricatures of themselves.

Has it found it's footing yet?

How was the last season of Gotham? I caught the SDCC trailer (that I think recapped last season's events) that had raised my interest.

My major gripe with the series was the tone, like how they'd regularly go from a serious drama to a slap stick comedy within the same scenes and how poorly the characters were like caricatures of themselves.

Has it found it's footing yet?

It showed good things, and started leading to something that could of been epic, but then backed off and took a easy way out.

They should of had Bruce stay/become evil and have Gotham as a origins story for Owlman. would of been so good if they went that way, at a few times it felt like it was about to do that.

It showed good things, and started leading to something that could of been epic, but then backed off and took a easy way out.

They should of had Bruce stay/become evil and have Gotham as a origins story for Owlman. would of been so good if they went that way, at a few times it felt like it was about to do that.
That would go against what the show was always intended to be. Would have hated that.

The only 'easy way out' the show takes is bringing back too many characters from the dead.

That would go against what the show was always intended to be. Would have hated that.

The only 'easy way out' the show takes is bringing back too many characters from the dead.
How would that of gone against what the show intended to be. It would of been amazing to see them take the risk, and they have already destroyed a bunch of characters.

How would that of gone against what the show intended to be. It would of been amazing to see them take the risk, and they have already destroyed a bunch of characters.
Well, the show is about Bruce's rise to the mantle of the bat. Ideal ending of the show would be with him pulling on the costume for the first time.

It's not about the rise of Bruce as Owlman or a dark counterpart. It would have betrayed the whole premise of the show.

Sure, you can take creative license with smaller characters, and the show does it well, but I think going down that path with Bruce would have been the death knell for Gotham. If they want to explore the dark counterpart for Bruce then bring back Tommy Elliot as a regular character.

I dont think they officially ever said it was about him becoming the Batman, just a Bruce Wayne origin story. I think the Batman stuff was just what the press reported.

Being a Owlman origin is still a Bruce Wayne origin story.

and since there is no way its connected to the movies, being a elseworld story and making it unexpected by having it shock people as Owlman origins was the best thing it could of done. the teases about possibly going that way in the 2nd half of last season was the best stuff the series has done.

I dont think they officially ever said it was about him becoming the Batman, just a Bruce Wayne origin story.
Has been said everywhere. Even the synopsis on imdb - The story behind Detective James Gordon's rise to prominence in Gotham City in the years before Batman's arrival.

Anyway. I enjoy zany ideas normally but wouldn't have liked that one. :)

Has been said everywhere. Even the synopsis on imdb - The story behind Detective James Gordon's rise to prominence in Gotham City in the years before Batman's arrival.

Anyway. I enjoy zany ideas normally but wouldn't have liked that one. :)

Batman doesnt need to be Bruce Wayne. They could of just as easily had someone new become batman, or even Jim.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Batman doesnt need to be Bruce Wayne. They could of just as easily had someone new become batman, or even Jim.
Yeah, nah.

It's been pretty clearly stated multiple times Bruce is destined to be Batman. Hundreds of sources you can find online.

wouldnt of been the first time a show has changed direction.

I just think it would of made the show much better, and could of become something memorable and not just a show everyone forgets about when its inevitably canceled

wouldnt of been the first time a show has changed direction.

I just think it would of made the show much better, and could of become something memorable and not just a show everyone forgets about when its inevitably canceled
Why does the show need your twist?

After the quasi-noir detective first season it has embraced the crazy and gone all in. I haven't loved all elements, like bringing characters back from the dead, but it's strong enough to stand on it's own feet. Your twist makes little sense in the universe, creative as it is.

Anyway, I'll stop here. Could debate Batman for hours. :)

Why does the show need your twist?

After the quasi-noir detective first season it has embraced the crazy and gone all in. I haven't loved all elements, like bringing characters back from the dead, but it's strong enough to stand on it's own feet. Your twist makes little sense in the universe, creative as it is.

Anyway, I'll stop here. Could debate Batman for hours. :)
Everyone knows the batman origins, its been done too many times now.
having it become such a drastic change would of been something new and refreshing.

I understand you like how they kept it predictable, but i [and many others] would of loved to see them try a new twist on such a well known character.

tumblr_owo9v2Fofv1qgkp0so6_400.gif

I liked Bruce meeting with Gordon and then doing the "smoke bomb" in him likewise the lights flickering out when he went to get the list of penguins offsider

Remove this Banner Ad

Back