Goulburn Valley FL - 2010 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
how'd Saad go in his retrun to kings park

Yer kicked those goals in the first qtr only Saad can kick, then a little quite in the 2nd and 3rd, and good last qtr, but in saying that he kicked 6.Was happy with the way the kids played[ the new breed] and we went down by about 5 goals , I think in the end. Was good to see Schottner doing the running and should be back playing about round 2-3 after his groin opp. :thumbsu:

Yer kicked those goals in the first qtr only Saad can kick, then a little quite in the 2nd and 3rd, and good last qtr, but in saying that he kicked 6.Was happy with the way the kids played[ the new breed] and we went down by about 5 goals , I think in the end. Was good to see Schottner doing the running and should be back playing about round 2-3 after his groin opp. :thumbsu:
seymour surprised . throw in p.colbert shotty lorraine russo koford and igor and you will find they will be competitive. bernie has some good kids to work with. apparently from all educated reports kings park has never seen such superb umpiring yesterday. saad will only get better. a bit rusty

Tips for round 1.

Echuca vs Seymour
Shep vs Swans
Mansfield vs United
Mooroopna vs Euroa
Kyabram vs Rochester
Benalla vs Tatura

Tips for round 1.

Echuca vs Seymour 45pts
Shep vs Swans 100pts
Mansfield vs United 11pts
Mooroopna vs Euroa 69pts
Kyabram vs Rochester 27pts
Benalla vs Tatura 41pts

Tips for round 1.

Echuca vs Seymour - 54 pts
Shep vs Swans -48 pts
Mansfield vs United - 23pts
Mooroopna vs Euroa - 67pts
Kyabram vs Rochester - 43 pts
Benalla vs Tatura - 32pts

Going to have a look first hand at the Big Eagle take on the Eagles on Saturday. Looks like match of the round for mine.

Jimmy O'Grady should be a handy pick up for Mansfield, was a integral part of Vermont's 3 peat a few years back.

i know there's not alot of poster's on here from the shepp area but have heard a rumour that the swans will field a below full strength senior side first up. They want to bring out some of there recruits/attractions when they play there first home game so they get a big gate. whats everyones thoughts on this?

I think Perry's more interested in 4 points than a big crowd to watch his circus.

I would expect them...(YZE, ROBERTSON, BROWN, JARJOURA) all to play or the bears might spring an upset & bite Perry on the arse!

I totally agree that he would be after the 4 points, but thats the word going around. Just thought that i'd post it. Lets hope they all rock up and turn it on and set the secene for a good GV Footy Season.

i know there's not alot of poster's on here from the shepp area but have heard a rumour that the swans will field a below full strength senior side first up. They want to bring out some of there recruits/attractions when they play there first home game so they get a big gate. whats everyones thoughts on this?

Good rumour....as if!!

After attending wed nights after training meal and hearing the side read out rest assured its at the fulliest strength apart from woe who will play mid year. rest assured perry has left no one out and his response when i told him he has been branded with the circus name was yeh well lets get the show on the road and put those crictics to rest

Two games tonight;

Shepparton Swans 18.19-127 d. Shepparton 11.18-84

Rochester 19.15-129 d. Kyabram 15.19-109

Russell Robertson kicked 7 goals. The Bears-Swans match was actually pretty close for most of it. I didn't hear the full story, but the 2nd quarter went for 40 minutes or so. Apparently there were a few blues and a couple of players sent off, but refused to leave the ground, and there was a head-count. I think that's accurate, but not sure.

Rochy had a very good win. Not many would have tipped that. Sounded like that was a very good game. Elliot Bowen kicked five goals, Kayne Pettifer four and Perry Oliver was Rochy's BOG with four goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two games tonight;

Shepparton Swans 18.19-127 d. Shepparton 11.18-84

Rochester 19.15-129 d. Kyabram 15.19-109

Russell Robertson kicked 7 goals. The Bears-Swans match was actually pretty close for most of it. I didn't hear the full story, but the 2nd quarter went for 40 minutes or so. Apparently there were a few blues and a couple of players sent off, but refused to leave the ground, and there was a head-count. I think that's accurate, but not sure.

Rochy had a very good win. Not many would have tipped that. Sounded like that was a very good game. Elliot Bowen kicked five goals, Kayne Pettifer four and Perry Oliver was Rochy's BOG with four goals.

Yeah went to the Rochy v Ky game and was a high standard of footy, Rochy ran in numbers better than Ky and their delivery into the forward line especially in the first 1/4 was centimetre perfect, where as Newman, Pettifer and co had to work hard for most of their goals. 24 Seddon is a jet for Ky.
My man on the ground at Deakin said that 2 swans players were sent off in the 2nd 1/4 and when the head count was taken they still had 17 players on the ground. There score of 53pts at the time was duly wiped from the scoreboard. When the sides came out after half-time the score was miraculously put back up, so may still be more to be played out there as that 53pt deduction would see Shepp Bears get up by 10pts.

How is Shane Woewodin going to play for Shepp Swans, when he is the coach of East Fremantle in the WAFL?

Yeah went to the Rochy v Ky game and was a high standard of footy, Rochy ran in numbers better than Ky and their delivery into the forward line especially in the first 1/4 was centimetre perfect, where as Newman, Pettifer and co had to work hard for most of their goals. 24 Seddon is a jet for Ky.
My man on the ground at Deakin said that 2 swans players were sent off in the 2nd 1/4 and when the head count was taken they still had 17 players on the ground. There score of 53pts at the time was duly wiped from the scoreboard. When the sides came out after half-time the score was miraculously put back up, so may still be more to be played out there as that 53pt deduction would see Shepp Bears get up by 10pts.

Surely the Bears will put in a protest to get the 4 points. Meka would have made a scene I'm sure. The Ky boys we're a bit off the boil last night, though they played some great direct footy for 10 minutes in the 3rd quarter. Rochy were deserving winners, with much cleaner disposals but Ky will improve alot on that display.

New rules are that if a team has too many players on the field, just the score from that quarter is wiped, not the entire score. (i.e. they should have gone back to 4.4).

Actually, no it's not. According to the VCFL rule book, the score stands as is, a Free Kick and optionally a 50 are paid against the offending team, and a report is made to the relevant league executive, who'll make a decision on how to handle the situation.

I was one of the goal umpires at the game in question, and we had to double check the rule book to be sure.

Can't/wont say too much else about the whole thing as there's 3 reported players in the game and the league report as well.

Surely the Bears will put in a protest to get the 4 points. Meka would have made a scene I'm sure. The Ky boys we're a bit off the boil last night, though they played some great direct footy for 10 minutes in the 3rd quarter. Rochy were deserving winners, with much cleaner disposals but Ky will improve alot on that display.[/B]

Rochy will improve alot from that as well. Ky were well held with key performers and I thought Cavallaro did the number on Atkins along with Vale playing well on Newman. Newman is dangerous but was getting the ball to far away from goals. Move that won the game was Campbell into the ruck in the last quarter. Dominated the centre square and got first use to on ballers.

Bloody hell it has only taken one round and Perry and his men are in the news for controversial reasons.....couldn't see anything like this coming!!!!

got to agree its was the most intresting night my understanding was that a player was yellow carded whilst on the bench the umpire showed him the card when he was sitting down after interchange had been made and to top it all he was the wrong player. the player involed stayed on the ground think this ones for the investigatiion officer to look at not really sure who was at fault but umpries struggled with the game most of the night.

Actually, no it's not. According to the VCFL rule book, the score stands as is, a Free Kick and optionally a 50 are paid against the offending team, and a report is made to the relevant league executive, who'll make a decision on how to handle the situation.

I was one of the goal umpires at the game in question, and we had to double check the rule book to be sure.

Can't/wont say too much else about the whole thing as there's 3 reported players in the game and the league report as well.

Any names ??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back