Goulburn Valley FL - 2010 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts on the 2011 season are united are still out in front have lost there big bloke up forward but got a few more quality players in there line up ( looby and carrol). Echuca will be there abouts again with archard back on board but from what I have heard and it may be wrong they may have lost a couple to the hdfl. There the top two. Ky have lost a few but with there coach and the newmans they will be there abouts again and will pick up a few u would have thought. Mansfield have got a few I heard they have a little on baller who played there a few yrs ago back and cox who used to play at mooroopna also two big ruckmen. Tat will be handy with steve Daniels there always seems too find quality players having been in Melbourne for those yrs in the vfl system and they have signed a few not sure on names but he doesn't go and recruit duds. Then Rochester not sure bout them haven't heard much there but ya can never write them off so hard to play them in Rochester. Benalla will surprise a few sides nxt yr I beleive won't worry united and echuca but will scare a few others and benalla are still very confident Symes will play there his two younger brothers are playing there and I no he loves nothing more then playing footy along side those two blokes. Seymour will be pretty good got a few boys back after there
Overseas trips and yea got a good little coach so can't write them off. Mooroopna will be strong with getting the yzes and the other fella from the Murray league back but have lost some very good foitballers but they will play finals I would imagine. Then there's the the last three who will be in for long seasons I think but I hope they prove me wrong.

United - will be the same
Echuca - will improve
Kyabram - will drop a little, but will be top 3
Mansfield - word is lost no one, injurys gone add a couple, top 4
Tatura - keeping cards close to there chest , but kept nearly all, and added
Seymour - welcome back past players, have the colberts, will improve

Mooroopna - to miss, lost a few, picked up like always, but always fail
Rochester - will be competitive, but will miss
Benalla - loosing a few, might hang in there, have got clarke, but to miss
Shepp - will improve heaps 7 wins, good draw,
Swans - on the right track, but will struggle
Euroa - In struggle town, can not see a way out

and thats in December, might change my thoughts by jan:confused::confused:

I don't think many would disagree with people's assertions that Echuca with their list, will be clear favourites for the flag. United although losing Eagle will still have a terrific on ball group and the best back 6 in the comp. Interested in the views that Mooroopna will be right up in the mix. They have lost quality players in the guys retiring and not returning from Melbourne and have signed the the three amigos from the Swans. Are they going to be the difference in them taking the step up from where they were last season? Ky's losses of Beattie and Pettifer will impact heavily though Morgan returning from Coburg will be a big plus. What are others views on Ky? Tat are the interesting side. Who have they actually added to their list? I still feel that Echuca and United will be the pace setters with a large group of 6/7 sides in the next rung. Any late signings will have a big influence obviously.

i

Even though Eagle is a massive loss I still like United at this early stage. Echuca have a great list but I think the one thing that United has over them is pace. United have this on every line where as most of Echucas prime movers eg Murray, Dorward and co are in an under players who don't have the explosiveness. United had the best defence last year and will add Looby and Carrol who are two of the best going around so scoring against them will be tough.
Seymour and Tat will both rise and should make finals at the expense of Ky and the Swans.
Should be another great year of GV footy.

ky will drop off a bit more than people expect, have probably lost 7+ from last year's GF team plus maybe 5 or more players from reserve's premiership team (most to Tonny) who provided the depth they had this year. they have picked up Morgan to give them another big man but haven't heard of anyone else. Need to get a big ruckman that they have needed for a while now seeing they don't have Lovison who has pinch-hitted for them for the last 2 years.

Even though Eagle is a massive loss I still like United at this early stage. Echuca have a great list but I think the one thing that United has over them is pace. United have this on every line where as most of Echucas prime movers eg Murray, Dorward and co are in an under players who don't have the explosiveness. United had the best defence last year and will add Looby and Carrol who are two of the best going around so scoring against them will be tough.
Seymour and Tat will both rise and should make finals at the expense of Ky and the Swans.
Should be another great year of GV footy.

Im hoping your right Connors, we have welcome back Okeefe,Innes, Anderson Liddel and a couple of others, so finals are back on the agenda for the lions.
Tatura have picked up alot of former players who have come back to the club,or didnt play this season,Warnett,Lanyon,Crawford, Lovell and a couple from Queensland[ can not remember names] but had about 60 on the track every night.
Echuca and United are the early favourites.

With Daniel as coach Tat are clearly putting out an expectation of improvement. Daniels wont come cheap, but any details on the experience and credentails of their recruits? I am interested to see where a 4 -6 goal improvement will be made to make them competitive with the top 6.

With Daniel as coach Tat are clearly putting out an expectation of improvement. Daniels wont come cheap, but any details on the experience and credentails of their recruits? I am interested to see where a 4 -6 goal improvement will be made to make them competitive with the top 6.

Same contract as he was on with us Jaggo at the Den, slab of turkeys per game, and a Mc Donalds meal deal.
Caught up with him last week and all they have done is go out and pick former past players up and as i said couple from Queensland, have kept everyone except 1[ keast] From what he was saying next year is about getting more games into the kids, :thumbsu:

Same contract as he was on with us Jaggo at the Den, slab of turkeys per game, and a Mc Donalds meal deal.
Caught up with him last week and all they have done is go out and pick former past players up and as i said couple from Queensland, have kept everyone except 1[ keast] From what he was saying next year is about getting more games into the kids, :thumbsu:

Is there any quality in the pick ups from Qld? Hard to put a finger on how much to expect from the Dogs next year.
Gee if he was on a slab of Turkeys and a Mac attack at both the Lions and now the Dogs the treasurer at Congupna was well and truely dudded.
Latest on Symes is that he is unlikely to front back at the Saints unless they can add to their list very quickly.

Is there any quality in the pick ups from Qld? Hard to put a finger on how much to expect from the Dogs next year.
Gee if he was on a slab of Turkeys and a Mac attack at both the Lions and now the Dogs the treasurer at Congupna was well and truely dudded.
Latest on Symes is that he is unlikely to front back at the Saints unless they can add to their list very quickly.

If Symes does leave thats a huge loss for the saints.

ky will drop off a bit more than people expect, have probably lost 7+ from last year's GF team plus maybe 5 or more players from reserve's premiership team (most to Tonny) who provided the depth they had this year. they have picked up Morgan to give them another big man but haven't heard of anyone else. Need to get a big ruckman that they have needed for a while now seeing they don't have Lovison who has pinch-hitted for them for the last 2 years.

From all reports, ky seem to be loosing heaps, is it true, or big footy talk:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've heard that for the last couple of years but he always seems to go back...

From all reports, ky seem to be loosing heaps, is it true, or big footy talk:rolleyes:

Ky have lost Pettifer, Beattie, Linton,Lovison and Demasi. All the other losses are reserves players. They have picked up Jason Morgan who will be a great inclusion. A few others are in the pipeline as well.
I think there depth will not be there this year but if they can add another couple of on ballers they will still be good enough to make finals.

Ky have lost Pettifer, Beattie, Linton,Lovison and Demasi. All the other losses are reserves players. They have picked up Jason Morgan who will be a great inclusion. A few others are in the pipeline as well.
I think there depth will not be there this year but if they can add another couple of on ballers they will still be good enough to make finals.

What about mark Adamson aswell? He played seniors all last year heard he has moved on not 100% sure but that's what I've heard.

Any word on how things are at Euroa? Heard they could be in strife with playing numbers.
Ky could also be on the downward spiral, with those already listed as gone . Redan and Ballarat have been making plays for Ogden who is heading their for Uni next year. Ky will be pressed to keep him.

other queries for Ky for 2011 must be Emmett, Seddon and other Linton. At least 6 gone before Ogden and any of these?
icon9.gif

Word is ky have lost a total of 20 players. Yep that's right one whole team! Too many to start naming them!

EASE up Jimbob, i think you will find that a fair few of those so called 20 players are coming out of the thirds and arent prepared to do the hard yards in the the best comp to make the grade.

Was there a big CHF from a neibouring club having lunch last thursday with a couple of KEY Ky guys, maybe his old club is unhappy with him cause he went for the Numarkah coaching spot and didnt let the club know ??????

i think you find find that things will got serious after the break and it always cracks me up about numbers before Xmas as many clubs have squads training in melbourne and who knows whats going on there.

i think ky will be right in the mix again if they continue with their youth program.

Maybe the coachs nephew may even be suiting up??

Yea Ben fahey has gone moved to Melbourne and has decided to play down there benalla where a little disappointed but that's life. Um not correct on Symes not sure where ya got that one from but yes fahey has gone. From all reports that I've heard which is floating round in benalla is they might have a player in the pipelines who will be the best player in the comp if it comes true watch this space....[/QUOTE]

I don't think there is anyone in Benalla who has been watching " This Space" for the last 3 years........waiting,waiting,waiting........If some one doesn't shoot the Elephant in the room shortly, we'll all be watching "This Space" forever......

Question Time: would this happen to be an ex AFL premiership Player. Played at Adelaide and then West Coast? still only 30!!!!!!!! David Clarke to influence him??????? mail might be correct... as he has given the O and M the Flick to follow Clarkey. . . :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

other queries for Ky for 2011 must be Emmett, Seddon and other Linton. At least 6 gone before Ogden and any of these?
icon9.gif

Reports are that Ogden is staying, Seddon is doing pre season with Bendigo pioneers with Ky as his home team. Pretty sure Emmet is staying. Sieracoski back from Cairns and Steve Thompson from back from Lancy is also still a chance. Few others on the go as well, all is not lost at Bomberland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back