Goulburn Valley FL - 2010 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A very ordinary Echuca won by 5 goals after being 30 odd points down early 2nd quarter. Might finish 6th I reckon. swans will be warm favs next weekend

United beat Mansfield by about 90 points. Massive crowd. Eagle is a freak show. One of the best fwds I have seem in country footy. Kicked 8-8
also went to the game. the eagle has landed dont you worry about that? i'd hate to be a full back in the gv. best recruit ever well done to united.craig kelly might have to eat his words and go out and recruit some more players if he wants to make finals. whats mansfield budget? mensch;stevenson;storer;demetriou;hart bros.;vanderklooster;the coach; plus others don't they get paid????? kelly's coments in shepp news lift-out. quote;i don't want to be buying players from melbourne or paying stupid money. i still think some of the clubs in the gv should get their heads kicked in for what they pay.there overpaying underperforming players. its no good for any of us. whats wrong craig did you miss out on a couple of these so-called underperforming players? we have'nt seen mansfield beaten at home like that in a very long time. for mine eagles in big trouble. big game against tat next week. lucky they play benalla and euroa next. welcome to the gv 2010.

Electric Eel;17301113[B said:
]You wouldn't happen to be that fat pie eating c#@* that cost Jarjoura a goal @ the western end in the second quarter? [/B]I was behind the goals & am a neutral supporter. You are a blight on the game & a blatant cheat. Your word doesn't warrant much respect Rick Fortune

Mate I'm not a fan of umpires, but I'm smart enough to know that comments like yours are the reason that their numbers are reducing rapidly and remember there is no game without them...If as you say, you were a nuetral supporter why are you so upset about the goal umpires call. I saw`2 calls last night at the Benalla-Tat game that were wrong but evened themselves out. Swings and roundabouts Buddy...And to call the goal umpire a cheat when he has no vested interest in who wins the game is just immature....And I suppose you gave him a spray at the time as well.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Watched half of Benalla & Tat tonight.....Only a 2-3 gls in it. Benalla kept them honest but were lacking in a few places
Benalla's accurate kicking for goal kept them in the game. At 3 qtr time the scores were Tat 16.9 to Benalla 14.1 Tat ended up winning by 9 straight points 19.13 to 19.4 :D

Mate I'm not a fan of umpires, but I'm smart enough to know that comments like yours are the reason that their numbers are reducing rapidly and remember there is no game without them...If as you say, you were a nuetral supporter why are you so upset about the goal umpires call. I saw`2 calls last night at the Benalla-Tat game that were wrong but evened themselves out. Swings and roundabouts Buddy...And to call the goal umpire a cheat when he has no vested interest in who wins the game is just immature....And I suppose you gave him a spray at the time as well.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
Good call coming from a boxhead who didnt see it.
If you didnt see the game or the call by the goal umpire what gives you a right to make an opinion on it???
There are plenty of ******** umpires out there that do make bad calls on purpose and even if they dont have a vested interest, it is still cheating!!!

Good call coming from a boxhead who didnt see it.
If you didnt see the game or the call by the goal umpire what gives you a right to make an opinion on it???
There are plenty of ******** umpires out there that do make bad calls on purpose and even if they dont have a vested interest, it is still cheating!!!

Think you better let go of your mates Eel....;););)

No Heart, How did the young lions go, sounds like young cocker cole is going to be a very good player?

They played really well Roadie, alot of young kids very diffrent from when you where here, Cocker cole is going to be a very good player,so much like his old man but not as tough [ ha ha ] mate well done on your first win, will be up hopefully soon to watch a game:thumbsu::thumbsu:

United were very impressive. Total Domination and with the Big Eagle up forward will give some of the top sides a real nudge. The guy is a unit and was beating 2 and 3 blokes at a time. Big Clint Edwards is a monster as well.

Dawes & Normington controlled the backline and repelled most Mansfield attacks.

Not sure who Mansfield have to return apart from S Hart & Van Der Kloster but they certainly did struggle, although they did have atleast 10 under 20's running around.

Its great that footy in the GV has got back up an running, Some big games from the forwards this weekend Whelen (moor) kicked 9, Eagle (Utd) 8, Robertson (swan) 7, Bowan (Roch) Cambell (Moor) Pollock (Ech) Symes (Ben) all kicked 5, Good to see alot of goals to be kicked and there were a fair few players that kicked 4 and 3 goals. Lets hope the good footy continues. If these guys keep kicking goals like they did rd 1 i'm sure we'll see the ton bought up these year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see in the paper Robertson and Brown had good games for the swans, what about the ex afl list players is Adem Yze and Tim Looby, how did them two go??

Everybody had there chance to give Pez a verbal lashing today on the radio and all I herd was people saying that is was in the heat of battle. So I think I would have to agree with that.....
GVFL is one of the biggest country football league in Australia if not the best so in a game there is plenty of pressure on and off the ground come game day!!!!
If you are beating a side well and then you are told your score will be put back to zero, ANY coach in his right mind would loose the plot but within reason!!!!
AND ITS ONLY ROUND 1 GO HARD PEZ

Hav seen this type situation occur first hand in another league and the coach of the side that had the score wiped did not lose the plot. He simply acknowledged that he had made a very big mistake and copped it on the chin which is certainly the way that someone should react.

If a team or club or person is found to have made a mistake like this then they are to blame, not an umpire official or anyone else. It has been the rule forever

number 1 -Perry did not even no the score had been wiped and then put back on as he was in the changerooms addressing his players.

number 2 - he was wanting clarification on what had happened as he was sitting in the coaches box in the stand (during the second this was)

number 3- apprantly the umpire had sent of a player that was already of the ground so the umpires had made the mistake

so there was no mistake made by the swans coaching staff just by the officials i believe

Hav seen this type situation occur first hand in another league and the coach of the side that had the score wiped did not lose the plot. He simply acknowledged that he had made a very big mistake and copped it on the chin which is certainly the way that someone should react.

If a team or club or person is found to have made a mistake like this then they are not to blame, not an umpire official or anyone else. It has been the rule forever

both had reasonable games Yze would have had 30 touches and a goal and Looby did a wonderful job on the bears tall forwards not sure off names

I see in the paper Robertson and Brown had good games for the swans, what about the ex afl list players is Adem Yze and Tim Looby, how did them two go??

number 1 -Perry did not even no the score had been wiped and then put back on as he was in the changerooms addressing his players.

number 2 - he was wanting clarification on what had happened as he was sitting in the coaches box in the stand (during the second this was)

number 3- apprantly the umpire had sent of a player that was already of the ground so the umpires had made the mistake

so there was no mistake made by the swans coaching staff just by the officials i believe

Fair enough mate. Thanks for the clarification.

Can someone clarify the ruling for me please....
1...Can the umpire yellow/red a player on the bench..I'm guessing yes
2...Does that then make that player ineligible to come back on for 15 min yellow/ rest of game red.
3...Does the team continue to play with 18 players on the ground in the interim..

My understanding is that all coaches must hold a minimum Level 1 accreditation. This accreditation is not designed to ensure all coaches have a good game plan, but more so that they have a healthy respect for the game, the rules and the officials who enforce them. This is in the hope that the coach can act as a good role model for his/her playing group, and pull them up when they are out of line.

Without naming anyone, I believe we have the unfortunate situation where one of our GV coaches does not fit the mould of being a good role model for the game or the playing group, and in my opinion their Level 1 accreditation should be cancelled.

My understanding is that all coaches must hold a minimum Level 1 accreditation. This accreditation is not designed to ensure all coaches have a good game plan, but more so that they have a healthy respect for the game, the rules and the officials who enforce them. This is in the hope that the coach can act as a good role model for his/her playing group, and pull them up when they are out of line.

Without naming anyone, I believe we have the unfortunate situation where one of our GV coaches does not fit the mould of being a good role model for the game or the playing group, and in my opinion their Level 1 accreditation should be cancelled.

Swans players cleared at tribunal!!

Believe the reporter in the Shepp News should disclose that he is a Bears player. Never seen such one sided, ill informed articles with the truth clearly not written.

Interesting to note that not one word has been written about the Bears and their Coach in all of this.

Swans players cleared at tribunal!!

Believe the reporter in the Shepp News should disclose that he is a Bears player. Never seen such one sided, ill informed articles with the truth clearly not written.

Interesting to note that not one word has been written about the Bears and their Coach in all of this.

Couldn't agree more Hobbit most of their stories are very lopsided, especially where the Swans are concerned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back