Goulburn Valley FL - 2013 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hollow was on 30k at tat last year and is leaving because they cut his money, he is a gun but their is no doubt he follows the cash. This 3 player package will be costing Rochy a small fortune. Yes it may turn out to be a master stroke, time will tell I guess.
Rochy have certainly changed their tack in the last few seasons. Their success has always been based around a large crop of talented locals topped off with 3 or 4 quality recruits. The side that lost to united in the elimination final had 9 recruits, two of those have gone and they have replaced them with three more imports. Thats nearly 50% of the side that aren't locals, very un-Rochy like. Will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

In 2008 rochy had 8 imports and won the flag and in the final this year they had 9 including Elliot Bowen. So not too sure what your argument there is and also in my opinion rochy need to recruit heavier because there local talent is dropping off! We were never going to sustain those years of Watson, Aiken, moon, Oliver, Brennan, Rasmussen, etc

I believe it is a very average act by Rochester to poach Hollow. Even if he may be money hungry and was shopping himself around.
I hope the club are happy with paying him all year and then he ships off again next season. very smelly by both Rochester and Brendan Hollow would like to seem them both fail

As for Kyabram robbing Echuca of one of its very few good players this also stinks!

I believe it is a very average act by Rochester to poach Hollow. Even if he may be money hungry and was shopping himself around.
I hope the club are happy with paying him all year and then he ships off again next season. very smelly by both Rochester and Brendan Hollow would like to seem them both fail

As for Kyabram robbing Echuca of one of its very few good players this also stinks!

Rochy very rarely gets players from other GV clubs - that's more of a Shepparton area thing.

Tat supporters on here seem to be dirty with players leaving their club. Probably need to discuss the reasons behind these moves before commenting. With an employment contract you would expect to be paid the agreed rate which is more what I am hearing Tat couldn't afford to do. Asked players to take cuts which is usually a sign of poor management or overspending the budget and trying to raise further cash. If this was Hollow's employment it would be fair to assume he could seek further opportunities elsewhere, no different a situation if you were put in the same situation by your employer.
In regards to Echuca losing players to Ky its a free market and success usually attracts players whereas winning 1 game for the year is a long road. Not everyone is 20 and has 10 years of senior football left.

Tat supporters on here seem to be dirty with players leaving their club. Probably need to discuss the reasons behind these moves before commenting. With an employment contract you would expect to be paid the agreed rate which is more what I am hearing Tat couldn't afford to do. Asked players to take cuts which is usually a sign of poor management or overspending the budget and trying to raise further cash. If this was Hollow's employment it would be fair to assume he could seek further opportunities elsewhere, no different a situation if you were put in the same situation by your employer.
In regards to Echuca losing players to Ky its a free market and success usually attracts players whereas winning 1 game for the year is a long road. Not everyone is 20 and has 10 years of senior football left.
Don't know about asking players to take pay cuts being poor management Big Arab. If they couldn't perform at the business end of the season why would you continue to throw big $$$ at them. Maybe Tat are showing a bit more business sense and not throwing away big $$$ just to hold onto these players. Good luck to Hollow etc chasing dollars, they have a limited time span to earn this money and they don't owe anyone in this league any loyalty. Tat have had their crack over the last couple of years and may bottom out again but I think any club would be happy with seven GF appearances and four flags in the last twenty years.

n
Brendan Hollow an absolute disgrace, this will bite both parties on the arse

Have heard all the Tatura Melbourne players were the worst recruits they have had in terms of hanging around at functions etc

Just shows that you need to recruit quality people as well

BYE BYE Rochy...
tats recruiting over last few years has come back to haunt them but yes they did get one premiership! rochy aren't holding back in there quest at getting up the top again and good luck to them..
top 6 for next year
ky
rochy
Benalla
swans
Seymour
united

Not sure people have any right to complain about Hollow.. he's got a well established reputation for shopping himself around, (as he's entitled to) yet the club in question still opted to sign him, he's a decent player but I'm not sure why people seem to think loyalty was part of the transaction.

Not sure people have any right to complain about Hollow.. he's got a well established reputation for shopping himself around, (as he's entitled to) yet the club in question still opted to sign him, he's a decent player but I'm not sure why people seem to think loyalty was part of the transaction.
Loyalty starts with the clubs themselves. All it takes is an up and coming player to be passed over to an external slightly better outsider and it starts a disloyalty culture. Seems to happen to a fair number of young locals and off they go.

Ok
Loyalty starts with the clubs themselves. All it takes is an up and coming player to be passed over to an external slightly better outsider and it starts a disloyalty culture. Seems to happen to a fair number of young locals and off they go.
If someone offered you or me extra money to do the same job(teacher, plumber, whatever) then I'm sure the majority of us would take the cash..no different for footballers these days.

I think once a player has been with your club for a season you have a better understanding of their value to you and access their value to you so for the next season you can offer them what you think their $ value may be ,taking into consideration performance in big games,social,leadership,character etc, then it is up to them if they accept or not, would think Tat may be doing this,i think is good management

Ok
If someone offered you or me extra money to do the same job(teacher, plumber, whatever) then I'm sure the majority of us would take the cash..no different for footballers these days.

Especially in Hollows shoes, he has played 1 year in am unfamiliar district and for a club tht he presumably didn't like(with all the off field stuff tht went on with tat last year can u blame him). So y should he feel bad about crossing clubs? And I can tell u tht it wouldn't be for more money

I think once a player has been with your club for a season you have a better understanding of their value to you and access their value to you so for the next season you can offer them what you think their $ value may be ,taking into consideration performance in big games,social,leadership,character etc, then it is up to them if they accept or not, would think Tat may be doing this,i think is good management

Ha what a crock of s**t, tat had obviously had their crack and ran out of money. They will bottom out for a few years then be a contender in another 4-5 years! Happens everytime and good luck to them it obviously works

Especially in Hollows shoes, he has played 1 year in am unfamiliar district and for a club tht he presumably didn't like(with all the off field stuff tht went on with tat last year can u blame him). So y should he feel bad about crossing clubs? And I can tell u tht it wouldn't be for more money

Your kidding yourself mate, hollow is renowned as a hired gun in footy circles. I know two murray league coaches who spoke to him and Ramsay and hollow was asking for $1500 a game. I have no dramas about clubs paying players big cash it's where footy is at, just don't deny that you are paying the big dollars, nobody believes it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok

Teachers' wages are taxpayer funded, good plumbers who will turn up are in short supply and have to guarantee their work for ten years and, outside of the AFL bubble, the survival of the game still relies heavily on the work of volunteers. By all means take the big money, just be prepared to shake the hands of the people who make it happen while looking them in the eye and telling them you gave it everything.

Teachers' wages are taxpayer funded, good plumbers who will turn up are in short supply and have to guarantee their work for ten years and, outside of the AFL bubble, the survival of the game still relies heavily on the work of volunteers. By all means take the big money, just be prepared to shake the hands of the people who make it happen while looking them in the eye and telling them you gave it everything.
I understand that Woody but the current generation of players are generally driven by money,mates and premierships.

johnno
Got an axe to grind?

Your kidding yourself mate, hollow is renowned as a hired gun in footy circles. I know two murray league coaches who spoke to him and Ramsay and hollow was asking for $1500 a game. I have no dramas about clubs paying players big cash it's where footy is at, just don't deny that you are paying the big dollars, nobody believes it.

I think Hollow would get $1500 in the Murray league. He isnt getting that in the GV but stepping down a level wouldnt surprise me asking that. Why are you so surprised a GV inter league player would start out asking top dollar in a weaker league?

I think Hollow would get $1500 in the Murray league. He isnt getting that in the GV but stepping down a level wouldnt surprise me asking that. Why are you so surprised a GV inter league player would start out asking top dollar in a weaker league?

Read my post mate, he plays for money and was on 30k at tat so why would he cross to rochy and play for less. He wouldn't and why should he, he clearly is a gun. My point was don't try deny that you are paying him big $$, you clearly didn't get my point because that is exactly what you just did.
Time to move on, well played rochy.

Read my post mate, he plays for money and was on 30k at tat so why would he cross to rochy and play for less. He wouldn't and why should he, he clearly is a gun. My point was don't try deny that you are paying him big $$, you clearly didn't get my point because that is exactly what you just did.
Time to move on, well played rochy.

If u look into deeper, I think u will find rochy never really expected to get hollow but he wanted to come across with his 2 best mates. So that could be one reason y he is playing for less money next year. But u seem to be pretty confident that he is on the same if not more, u must be involved with rochy so I'll have to take your word for it.
Moving on, how are shepp bears going? Have they been able to lure any of there young locals back home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back