Goulburn Valley FL 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I agree with what you say , was just stating that average players shouldn't demand cash in major leagues .
The average players can demand all they want, the fault is with the clubs that accept their demands. Big money is slowly killing a lot of country clubs. It saddens me when I see all the hardworking volunteers who give their heart and soul to the club and most of the high prized recruits don't acknowledge them, or even make an effort to know their name.

On another note, it is now February 2015, can one of the administrators commence the 2015 thread?

The average players can demand all they want, the fault is with the clubs that accept their demands. Big money is slowly killing a lot of country clubs. It saddens me when I see all the hardworking volunteers who give their heart and soul to the club and most of the high prized recruits don't acknowledge them, or even make an effort to know their name.

On another note, it is now February 2015, can one of the administrators commence the 2015 thread?
Agree..new thread! Love to see a list of clubs that have folded in the last 10 years.......

Seems like a contradiction to me , stating the obvious but I would have thought that if we didn't have the average players demanding money clubs wouldn't have to pay it .

I follow euroa from a distance fellas and I was wandering why they don't get a mention on here much? Looks like they have a good senior coach with good juniors coming through. I also here that they have a good influx of melbourne players too. How are they looking for 2015 and do they have a good club culture?

Since when does the tail wag the dog? The clubs don't have to pay these over inflated prices, but they do.
Sadly, depending on where you are, it is the difference between fielding sides and not. It would be great to be in the position of being able to pick and choose but you have to survive long enough and build up to do that. Coming from a minor league I have another point; we are more than happy to see our youngsters step up to play at a higher level, always a cheap get for the recipient club. What about the juniors from major leagues being offered coin to join those of a lesser standard.

I follow euroa from a distance fellas and I was wandering why they don't get a mention on here much? Looks like they have a good senior coach with good juniors coming through. I also here that they have a good influx of melbourne players too. How are they looking for 2015 and do they have a good club culture?
I'm sure if you followed them from a 'distance' you'd have some understanding of the culture

Top KDFL player and former Tatura senior player, James Milne, to Euroa.

Sadly, depending on where you are, it is the difference between fielding sides and not. It would be great to be in the position of being able to pick and choose but you have to survive long enough and build up to do that. Coming from a minor league I have another point; we are more than happy to see our youngsters step up to play at a higher level, always a cheap get for the recipient club. What about the juniors from major leagues being offered coin to join those of a lesser standard.

Yeah Woody agree with what you say, but the Bacon, Collns thing is interesting. Both from the same successful club in a District league. Both played 5-6 games with the Gold. One happy to be invited in to try his luck in the GVFL for minimal coin until he proves himself. While Collins demands dollars he has not yet proven to be worth and Rochy baulks. Echuca come in and meet his demands. Is it about integrity of clubs or integrity of players?

Yeah Woody agree with what you say, but the Bacon, Collns thing is interesting. Both from the same successful club in a District league. Both played 5-6 games with the Gold. One happy to be invited in to try his luck in the GVFL for minimal coin until he proves himself. While Collins demands dollars he has not yet proven to be worth and Rochy baulks. Echuca come in and meet his demands. Is it about integrity of clubs or integrity of players?

You are assuming in this case that Echuca offered more coin. My understanding is he trained at both clubs, Echuca matched Rochy's offer and he liked the feel of Echuca better. While I agree with your post in part it is not always the case that a player will go elsewhere for better Money....In this club it was neither the integrity of the player or coach it was a preference to be at a club he felt more comfortable at.

You are assuming in this case that Echuca offered more coin. My understanding is he trained at both clubs, Echuca matched Rochy's offer and he liked the feel of Echuca better. While I agree with your post in part it is not always the case that a player will go elsewhere for better Money....In this club it was neither the integrity of the player or coach it was a preference to be at a club he felt more comfortable at.

Haha please don't humour us lippy! Please try to report facts. After not being happy with the coin being offered from rochester he then went and trained with ecuhca where they matched his bid! That's the buisness of country footy at it's best!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While i am not privy to what amount he finally agreed to with Echuca I know for a fact he wanted more coin from Rochy than they thought he was worth. His record for finishes in B&Fs at LBU prior to this season appears to support Rochy's view of his worth so a sensible monetary decision was made by the Rochy footy club.

The diverse attitudes of Bacon and Collins towards financial recompense is an interesting one. One happy to prove himself at the next level, while the other's financial demands suggest he is already well proven.

Anyway, good luck to him in his preferred environment at Echuca. Should be an interesting Round 1 clash.

Haha please don't humour us lippy! Please try to report facts. After not being happy with the coin being offered from rochester he then went and trained with ecuhca where they matched his bid! That's the buisness of country footy at it's best!

No humour intended johnno#7...seems like your a little annoyed you missed out on a player. Obviously Rochy wanted his services initially but missed out for whatever reasons you want to paint. Yep agree with Silver Tongue... should be an interesting first round in Rochy in front of a HUGE Easter crowd.....but that's another story !!!!!!

Good point, I guess that it runs with what I said. Rochester have been there about for a long time but Echuca are coming from a fair way back and need extra quality to become more appealing, though I seriously doubt that they would have to scratch for numbers.

Why would a bloke who trained 2 months at Rochy go to another club and leave behind a mate for the same offer? Its either he didn't back himself to get a game and thinks he will at Echuca or money. You do the Math!

How old is Collins?

22 I reckon Rowey.

There always seem to be a short cut or easier way out for players when the acid is applied.
Demand a figure for player payments and don't get it - go somewhere else to get it,
not initially in the best 21 - go to another club,
Don't want to do the work and expect the above to play - leave mid season

I dont begrudge any player looking at their options for best fit, but we do see a lot more movement of players now because its easier to move to somewhere else as soon as it doesn't suit for whatever reason.
I think the word a few players might need to look up is resilience as in football a bit like life it doesn't always go your way.

22 I reckon Rowey.

There always seem to be a short cut or easier way out for players when the acid is applied.
Demand a figure for player payments and don't get it - go somewhere else to get it,
not initially in the best 21 - go to another club,
Don't want to do the work and expect the above to play - leave mid season

I dont begrudge any player looking at their options for best fit, but we do see a lot more movement of players now because its easier to move to somewhere else as soon as it doesn't suit for whatever reason.
I think the word a few players might need to look up is resilience as in football a bit like life it doesn't always go your way.
Tail wagging the dog is probably the term we are looking for and seeing more and more of

Can anyone confirm that Kyabram's big forward who was signed has left them?
If true not good for ky, looks like they will lose plenty, reeves, ogden, lintons named on EDFL forum, lost Paulo, Beck toQld?, hilton OS and others to go? Well have young guys coming through but lost of the above experienced and in their best

If true not good for ky, looks like they will lose plenty, reeves, ogden, lintons named on EDFL forum, lost Paulo, Beck toQld?, hilton OS and others to go? Well have young guys coming through but lost of the above experienced and in their best
The last sentence really gave away that you are a ex ringo1 student .

I'm hearing the opposite at bomber land footy mad. Speaking to old mate in the blue last night they may have three pretty big names still to come and an equal if not better replacement for Ogden if he leaves. It was getting late into the night so time will tell ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back