Goulburn Valley FL 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great to see the Bears really stirring things up in the comp. Brad Campbell doing a terrific job in developing a young list and the club is certainly going about things in the right way. Easy to say, BUT for 2017 the priorities need a be a big bodied forward who can klunk a few grabs and give another option to Wong. A strong bodied in an under mid to really add some grunt to the talented young brigade of mid fielders they have and a tall marking CHB who can hold down an opposition tall forward. They are not far way from finals and given the development of their kids this year are an exciting prospect for next year.
Interesting to see posts on Ky, 2016 and comparisons on their mid field.
No doubt strong forwards and tight defence, ask Paulo the strength in the side and he would easily identify it's their midfield who have taken all before them this year. Haven't lowered their colours to any side this year yet it's the one Achilles heel people come back to highlight.
Given the extensive injury list they have their efforts are even more commendable.

Do you reckon Ky are better than Benalla 2 years ago Johnno?

Yeah would have to agree with onepercentre about the fwds, backs and mids! But too me although Kys midfield have been terrific this year as I saw last week against rochy! Benallas midfield was on a different level all together! 2 Morrison medalist and perhaps a 3rd joining them this year in Sam martyn! When u can afford to play jacka on a wing u know u have a luxury in the engine room! Combine that will Marchbank and I think that it could well decide the game! You will struggle to find a better midfield in Victoria than what the saints have!

What's the future holding for Tatura? See Michael Roberts is getting cleared to Bendigo and Billy Lovell is going away for work and whispers Wellington is not doing it next year? With no 3rds team I can see Tatura dropping off very hard and can see there future in the KDL

What's the future holding for Tatura? See Michael Roberts is getting cleared to Bendigo and Billy Lovell is going away for work and whispers Wellington is not doing it next year? With no 3rds team I can see Tatura dropping off very hard and can see there future in the KDL
Is there something on the GVFL clearances about Michael Roberts? Had a look and couldn't see it.

KDFL a bit of a stretch but its certainly going to cost Tat a lot more money to stay competitive next year. Roberts gone, surely Kirby, Wellington and Warnett will just about finish up this year. Will Owen stick around? Wall and Mcgough have given great service but won't keep Coming back forever. Not great depth in the 2's. Where will new players come from without spending more money? Certainly makes the impending salary cap and points changes very interesting.

Seriously Country Boy "KDFL" Tat will be just fine . Hard working board and recruitment very active. One of the oldest clubs in the league will be around for a while. Have you been talking to Palpratt ☺

Tat has a strong and proud history. Won a flag a few years ago and like all clubs have some imminent retirements. I am sure they have planned around this. If anything, I'd expect them to bounce back hard next year. No doubt the U/18's is an issue but that is more to do with no secondary school than the football club.

Seriously Country Boy "KDFL" Tat will be just fine . Hard working board and recruitment very active. One of the oldest clubs in the league will be around for a while. Have you been talking to Palpratt ☺

If IDW went to Bendigo it might be another story unfortunately. No one could handle loosing a good fund raiser like that without a lot of pain

Yer just keeping a lid on it...
What's the story there, is he home sick and walking away from his coaching opportunity? Is it not what he expected with the party culture and a club making no progression?

Last edited:
If IDW went to Bendigo it might be another story unfortunately. No one could handle loosing a good fund raiser like that without a lot of pain
Rochy Euroa Seymour and Mansfield are traveling well without an IDW so in the unlikely event of this happening we would have to source alternative fundraising.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stroobants had a chance to win the game for Rochy after the siren today but couldn't. Tiges went down by 3. Next door neighbours Locky won the first game for the yr with a kick after the siren. Amazing what one kick can do

Couldn't make the game today at Rochy today Padding, what was it like? Obviously a tight contest, but was it a good standard of a game?
A loss today for Benalla would of hurt, and to be honest, wasn't expecting a win on past weeks performances.

Stroobants had a chance to win the game for Rochy after the siren today but couldn't. Tiges went down by 3. Next door neighbours Locky won the first game for the yr with a kick after the siren. Amazing what one kick can do

Wasn't there myself either. A gettable shot there for Stroobants Ost? Go the mighty LBU ... Good luck to the Locky boys.

Tough shot directly into the wind about 40 out on a fair angle. If u could pick one player at rochy to take a kick after the siren. It would definitely be him

Thought Rochy looked uncharacteristically flat, made poor decisions going forward and at times didn't execute well. Full credit to Benalla for causing much of this.

Been mentioned here countless times, but Benalla's midfield is as good as any. People are keen to write off their backline, but they were very composed and rebounded well all day.

Great night at the GVFL Hall of Fame well done to Players John Haw Kevin Storer Stephen Ash Chris Stuldreier Kevin Kenna Richard Warburton Admin. Barry Connelly and Steve O'Toole

Ash was one of my favourite players to watch during the 1990s. He was just so powerful, courageous and skillful. He was a champion. Stuldreier was just about unstoppable. Warburton and Connolly were really big names in the league. Never saw the others, but I'm sure they deserved it.

Lemnos had pretty cool jumpers back in the day;

get_file.cgi

Ash was one of my favourite players to watch during the 1990s. He was just so powerful, courageous and skillful. He was a champion. Stuldreier was just about unstoppable. Warburton and Connolly were really big names in the league. Never saw the others, but I'm sure they deserved it.

get_file.cgi
They should bring them back!

get_file.cgi

Watched the Haw twins in late 70's early 80's so only got the latter part of his career but John Haw could certainly play. Warburton was the gun fullback in an era which included some pretty handy fullbacks in Peter Schemsheden at Lemnos, Stuey Roe at Shepp and Reid (I think it was) at Tongala. Kevin Storer was like a wrecking ball ... big bodied left footer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back