Goulburn Valley FL 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y
Would have to be a first in GV footy draws in both games id think , Tat probably the better team most of the day missed a lot of shots for goal , Benalla scrambled a goal in the last minute to salvage a draw .
Yes Benalla struggling on and off the ground only around 4 player and 1 member came up to the rooms after the game for 5 minutes?

Brad Campbell has the Bears in the 6 .....a great effort and earning back some real respect in the comp. Not sure that they will stay there but some real improvement under his watch

What's happening down at princess park? They kick the first goal of the game then fail to kick another for the rest of the day! Rochy that good or trouble at the swans?

Very interesting round - United losing to Ky by only three goals, Mansfield flogging Echuca, Swans kicking one goal, Bears into the six and the draw.

Good round this week - Bears v Rochy, Benalla v Seymour, Echuca v Tat, Swans v Mansfield, United v Euroa, Ky v Moo.

You drink at Benalla Clubrooms after all games 1%?
Not sure what happened at Tat, but Benalla always makes the effort to into Clubrooms after the game.
Yeah have a beer at Benalla after the game and all grounds that's what country footys about .

Yeah have a beer at Benalla after the game and all grounds that's what country footys about .
Totally agree. What happened at Tat on Sat is not representative of what Benalla is about. Not sure what happened, Wedding back home, or whatever. It's happened at Benalla this year, but I've never bothered to mention it. Every time I've travelled this year, Benalla has always had good numbers in the club.

How many teams are able to train on their grounds at the moment? I know the Shepp sides have basically not been allowed to use theirs for 3-4 weeks now due to the wet weather. Just wondering what the situation is for other clubs?

Interesting to a sub committee set up to review the reserves and U/18 comp. A good move!. The main concerns would have to be Tatura and Swans 18's. I think they might need to cast an eye over the SDJFL first. A 'super' team formed by United is good for them but maybe causing a flow on affect to the GV 18's. Not sure what others think but I reckon the league has slipped a fair bit over the past few years.

Interesting to a sub committee set up to review the reserves and U/18 comp. A good move!. The main concerns would have to be Tatura and Swans 18's. I think they might need to cast an eye over the SDJFL first. A 'super' team formed by United is good for them but maybe causing a flow on affect to the GV 18's. Not sure what others think but I reckon the league has slipped a fair bit over the past few years.

Agree Ringo. Plenty of blokes late 30's and even 40's still running around in the 2nds which shows younger players are either playing lower level footy out of juniors or just not the amount of players there once was. Most clubs that win flags have a decent 2nds running around as you need 26-28 players during the year to rotate in your senior side.
The comp for 2nds is pretty terrible and has been for a few years.
I agree I think league needs stronger lower grades as some 3rds and 2nds games are unwatchable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have had some people with some different ideas like remove seconds and make it u19's , have a senior group of 40 the senior side is picked then the guys who miss out become available to the lower league side that they have as a second club.
It would be interesting to see what ideas other people have

Why is Beattie named in the 2's when Echuca are playing for their season? Surely that's just a wind up in the paper. Looks like my earlier thoughts on a possible top 4 finish for them was a fair way off too!

I just think his body might be catching up with him and not sure if he got a pre-season in. Has been OS as well. Would think Scott would be 30 and his ankle problems don't make it any easier.
Fair enough. You'd think he'd be high on Campbell's list to play down the road again next year. Perhaps a factor in not going around again in the interleague gig?

Would have to be a first in GV footy draws in both games id think , Tat probably the better team most of the day missed a lot of shots for goal , Benalla scrambled a goal in the last minute to salvage a draw .

Tatura might have been the better team last week however Benalla was poor on a pretty good ground. Tat should have won the game because the Goal Umpire gave a point when it should been a goal as I was in behind the Goal when it happened.

Tat did not learn from the last week poor scoring of 4 goals 13 behind. Tat Scored 8.14 and with one behind was a kick straight in front at the top of Goal Square.

Tat kicked 2 goals in first 2 minutes of the game so. The remaining 3 and a bit quarters scored 6.14. I know Linc Wellington said that firstly after the game. We need to practise goal kicking.

Tatura might have been the better team last week however Benalla was poor on a pretty good ground. Tat should have won the game because the Goal Umpire gave a point when it should been a goal as I was in behind the Goal when it happened.

Tat did not learn from the last week poor scoring of 4 goals 13 behind. Tat Scored 8.14 and with one behind was a kick straight in front at the top of Goal Square.

Tat kicked 2 goals in first 2 minutes of the game so. The remaining 3 and a bit quarters scored 6.14. I know Linc Wellington said that firstly after the game. We need to practise goal kicking.

Makes it tough for Echuca now and possibly Tat an outside chance to slip in

Makes it tough for Echuca now and possibly Tat an outside chance to slip in
Tat got no chance for slip into finals

Mansfield win against Shepp Swans makes Mansfield a big smokie.

I think the 6th spot will be decided in the final round with Euroa vs Benalla and Shepp vs Shepp Swans and I think Shepp Swans and Euroa will battle out for 6th. I think Euroa may pinch 6th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back