Goulburn Valley FL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It showed a lack of class by Tat to not name Swans as the club he played the last two years for.
Breaking News from the Kennell
The TFNC is extremely excited to welcome the Cooper family back to the club!!

Neil has joined us for 2018 as our Senior Assistant Coach to work along side Jamo. Neil brings with him many years of Football and Coaching knowledge and will be a great asset to the club in 2018!

We also welcome Billy to the club as a player for 2018! At only 19 Billy already has many years of senior experience under his belt, having made his senior debut at Shepp East at only 14 and being awarded Best in the senior finals series at 16.

He also played with the Murray Bushrangers in 2015 & 2016 and for the past two years has played senior football in the GVL.

We look forward to having you and the family back at the club where Neil’s father and Billy’s grandfather Gary was a 3 x Best and Fairest Winner and League Medal Winner!

Sorry being a newbie to Tat, is that a good thing or bad thing?[/QU

Breaking News from the Kennell
The TFNC is extremely excited to welcome the Cooper family back to the club!!

Neil has joined us for 2018 as our Senior Assistant Coach to work along side Jamo. Neil brings with him many years of Football and Coaching knowledge and will be a great asset to the club in 2018!

We also welcome Billy to the club as a player for 2018! At only 19 Billy already has many years of senior experience under his belt, having made his senior debut at Shepp East at only 14 and being awarded Best in the senior finals series at 16.

He also played with the Murray Bushrangers in 2015 & 2016 and for the past two years has played senior football in the GVL.

We look forward to having you and the family back at the club where Neil’s father and Billy’s grandfather Gary was a 3 x Best and Fairest Winner and League Medal Winner!

Sorry being a newbie to Tat, is that a good thing or bad thing?
All will be good as long as they don't drop the young fella back to Reserves to gain form during the season at some point , Good luck with that TFC

All will be good as long as they don't drop the young fella back to Reserves to gain form during the season at some point , Good luck with that TFC
Tough call there. Shame the full story can't be told on this forum about what happened at a Swans last season. What I will say is that there were other factors involved such as Key football personal, bullying and intimidation, blatant lies and fabrications and throw in a touch of racism and discrimination. Not a pleasant experience at all. How do I know? Because I was on the end of some disgusting texts from a key person at the club last year. So I don't think it's fair to be throwing mud unless you were involved directly. Were you involved directly?

Tough call there. Shame the full story can't be told on this forum about what happened at a Swans last season. What I will say is that there were other factors involved such as Key football personal, bullying and intimidation, blatant lies and fabrications and throw in a touch of racism and discrimination. Not a pleasant experience at all. How do I know? Because I was on the end of some disgusting texts from a key person at the club last year. So I don't think it's fair to be throwing mud unless you were involved directly. Were you involved directly?

This topic escalated quickly

Had heard this happening a while back. From an excellent source! Good gets for tat

On GT-I9505 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Neil will bring some football smarts to the bench on game days and provide a mature and experienced sounding board for Daniels. Will be interesting to see how many games his boy will actually play as I understand he may be working in Melbourne and is going to have a crack at VFL.

This topic escalated quickly
My apologies for the rapid response to the previous post. I just get worked up when people slam players without knowing the full story or even identifying that there were reasons for the lad leaving the club this year. This same bloke posted earlier this year that both Jones and Cooper were ones to watch under new coach Griffiths along with Service who he tried to convince us had an offer from Coburg even though he was too young. Well neither Jones or Cooper finished the tear and I wonder if Service is off to Coburg now that he is 18. I doubt it. No football creditability at all from the poster.

My apologies for the rapid response to the previous post. I just get worked up when people slam players without knowing the full story or even identifying that there were reasons for the lad leaving the club this year. This same bloke posted earlier this year that both Jones and Cooper were ones to watch under new coach Griffiths along with Service who he tried to convince us had an offer from Coburg even though he was too young. Well neither Jones or Cooper finished the tear and I wonder if Service is off to Coburg now that he is 18. I doubt it. No football creditability at all from the poster.
So just to get this right as I'm not on Here to get in a slinging match with you Scribe you have your views and I have mine but it quite obvious that your in the inner sanctum at the Swans !! To know all this information about texts and receiving those texts yourself and what you feel happen to young Billy and Neil Cooper so I would presume that you were very close to the situation!!!

So just to get this right as I'm not on Here to get in a slinging match with you Scribe you have your views and I have mine but it quite obvious that your in the inner sanctum at the Swans !! To know all this information about texts and receiving those texts yourself and what you feel happen to young Billy and Neil Cooper so I would presume that you were very close to the situation!!!
Not sure what your point is with this post. As for the Inner Sanctum no idea what this might be. The concerns re the Swans last year were very public out in the community. The players themselves were openly expressing their concerns champ so I didn't have to be a part of the Inner Sanctum. I honestly hope that Swans are competitive next season and that the Cooper also have great years at Tat.

Not sure what your point is with this post. As for the Inner Sanctum no idea what this might be. The concerns re the Swans last year were very public out in the community. The players themselves were openly expressing their concerns champ so I didn't have to be a part of the Inner Sanctum. I honestly hope that Swans are competitive next season and that the Cooper also have great years at Tat.
Ok we will leave it at that than Scribe but I'm just a little confused why you would be on the end of abusive texts from a key person from the that particular club last season if you are not involved in the club
Guess I just read it wrong but that can happen when your my age !!

Ok we will leave it at that than Scribe but I'm just a little confused why you would be on the end of abusive texts from a key person from the that particular club last season if you are not involved in the club
Guess I just read it wrong but that can happen when your my age !!
Agree leave it at that. I was also confused when the text messages started as they came out of the blue without any reason. Very bizarre.

Wouldn't it be 4 points if he has played TAC ?
Swans to tat= 4 points, plus extra 2 for play bushies in the last couple of years.... like I said I could be wrong as I'm not 100% over the points system, maybe someone that is all over could help?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Neil will bring some football smarts to the bench on game days and provide a mature and experienced sounding board for Daniels. Will be interesting to see how many games his boy will actually play as I understand he may be working in Melbourne and is going to have a crack at VFL.
Good on billy for wanting to have a crack at vfl footy but with no 2's comp I can't see him going from getting dropped from the swans to vfl footy?

Good on billy for wanting to have a crack at vfl footy but with no 2's comp I can't see him going from getting dropped from the swans to vfl footy?
Reading the tat facebook page it says that he's studying in shepp...
Anyway good on you Tat coops is a great fella and will be good working with the kids

The disbanding of the Development league really diminishes the pathway for any aspiring players that need further development out of the Tac Cup before progressing to senior VFL ranks. Some players have used this league as a launching pad to an AFL list. In essence the VFL has now become even more elite and harder to make. Stand Alone VFL clubs will have lists of 35 and aligned clubs lists of 35 comprising of 10 supplementary places. My belief is that Woman's VFL will be curtain raisers to VFL footy.

The disbanding of the Development league really diminishes the pathway for any aspiring players that need further development out of the Tac Cup before progressing to senior VFL ranks. Some players have used this league as a launching pad to an AFL list. In essence the VFL has now become even more elite and harder to make. Stand Alone VFL clubs will have lists of 35 and aligned clubs lists of 35 comprising of 10 supplementary places. My belief is that Woman's VFL will be curtain raisers to VFL footy.

While this is true Ringo and I understand it is harder to get an VFL, let alone AFL gig, hopefully for country footy, those blokes still filter back into the local teams to boost their numbers / strength as well. There were a lot of players on VFL 2nds list that would never make it onto an AFL (or VFL) list.

While this is true Ringo and I understand it is harder to get an VFL, let alone AFL gig, hopefully for country footy, those blokes still filter back into the local teams to boost their numbers / strength as well. There were a lot of players on VFL 2nds list that would never make it onto an AFL (or VFL) list.

Well this is the problem..how can that happen with points and salary systems. Players leaving the Ballarat League to play in the WRFL as they have 60k more to play with and higher points! Unless all leagues/clubs have same salary cap and points none of these players are going to filter out to other leagues IMO

Well this is the problem..how can that happen with points and salary systems. Players leaving the Ballarat League to play in the WRFL as they have 60k more to play with and higher points! Unless all leagues/clubs have same salary cap and points none of these players are going to filter out to other leagues IMO
It begs the question as to what is the pathway for young Victorian players who don't get drafted . It is unlikely and uncommon that they walk straight into VFL seniors , yet as Marty Hore has shown a year or two in the system and a player can become elite vfl player and prospective draftee.
Can see more kids being drafted outside of VFL , which is something that was frowned upon only 5-6 years ago.

It begs the question as to what is the pathway for young Victorian players who don't get drafted . It is unlikely and uncommon that they walk straight into VFL seniors , yet as Marty Hore has shown a year or two in the system and a player can become elite vfl player and prospective draftee.
Can see more kids being drafted outside of VFL , which is something that was frowned upon only 5-6 years ago.

I think the School football scene may become even more important.Tom Stewart was plucked from the Geelong League, but had Scarlett in his corner. No doubt the TAC and school systems are constructed so that recruiters can cover games easily. The SANFL is is desperate trouble with clubs going broke left right and centre so the good players are leaving that comp for bigger pay cheques in other leagues. Very interesting times ahead for pathway football.

I think the School football scene may become even more important.Tom Stewart was plucked from the Geelong League, but had Scarlett in his corner. No doubt the TAC and school systems are constructed so that recruiters can cover games easily. The SANFL is is desperate trouble with clubs going broke left right and centre so the good players are leaving that comp for bigger pay cheques in other leagues. Very interesting times ahead for pathway football.
I can see the AFL only wanting school footy outside of the AFL competition.

Marty Hore is a cracking example. He had played no "major league" senior footy and landed in the VFL system and through the Development league the kid has been able to turn himself into a high quality VFL footballer. Luke Kiel out of Swan Hiil is another. I played a lot of footy against Luke...(I was at best a country plodder) he showed no real obvious signs of being anything much more than being a good central Murray player. He backed himself in...got into the North Ballarat system and developed into a VFL team of the a year player. The pathway in my opinion is now stacked against these types of kids

Talented footballers will almost always get their chance in the big league if they push themselves. I have little knowledge of the Development League and as you all know haven’t been a big fan of the TAC (sorry Ringo). I would rather make the recruiters work harder and keep the players at clubs with history and culture where local supporters can enjoy their talent, preferably their local club.
Yes I’m old fashioned and out of touch, but that’s what I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back