Goulburn Valley FL 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lion71

All Australian
Oct 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Is young Huwy Jones staying at the den for 2018? watched him tear them apart in the U18s last season. An incredible prospect for the future considering he's only 16.
Would have to say definitely is, was there last Wednesday night ( but so was Brandyn Grenfell !!), pretty sure his old man is helping out with the 3rds again.

Thirdmanup

Team Captain
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Bit of a rumour going around yesterday that Blake Campbell is coaching the Bears with 'Dirty' Williams as his AC
Wrong again ringo! Got about as much chance as Tommy hafey coming back and coaching shepp as you do blake campbell.... back to the drawing board old mate!

Mar 13, 2007
THE TAN
AFL Club
Richmond
Speaking to a tat board member. All the signing have been 3 pointer except for young cooper who is a 5

Heard matty shannon from shepp is coming to kennel.

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app
All the signing have been 3 pointer except for young cooper who is a 5
They're in for a shock , if the alleged recruits are correct.

Silver Tongue

Premiership Player
Jul 25, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ringo has been on to most things this year.. but maybe not this one?
Agree with the first part of your comment Normo. Ringo normally has his finger on the pulse so I wouldn't discount the rumour. Dirty as assistant might be the latest offer. If Campbell has been saying no to coaching ... maybe the mentoring possibilities from Dirty changes the equation.

ringo1

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 30, 2006
Williamstown/Echuca
AFL Club
Collingwood
Wrong again ringo! Got about as much chance as Tommy hafey coming back and coaching shepp as you do blake campbell.... back to the drawing board old mate!

Ok mate..I actually spoke to dirty yesterday...didn't see you in the convo.....so if you know it all please tell all your followers who is coaching them then!!

Thirdmanup

Team Captain
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Never
Ok mate..I actually spoke to dirty yesterday...didn't see you in the convo.....so if you know it all please tell all your followers who is coaching them then!!
I've never claimed to know it all ringo, but what I do know is that Blake Campbell will not be coaching shepp next year as I spoke to him this arvo and I didn't see you in that convo!!

Silver Tongue

Premiership Player
Jul 25, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not when the club has gone to the hub and afl victoria and they have said that they are 3 pointers on all occasions except for Cooper.

I have to say oz that it really shits me if Tatura get extra points next year. Agree about Euroa by the way. Four years ago Tatura was humming with loads of imports, but ultimately imports generally leave. Tat paid plenly and had success.

Sides like Kyabram and Rochester have had sustained success through nurturing locals with the odd import. Rochy will be weak next year with 8 locals departing. Same thing will happen to Kyabram at some point.

Take your turn down the bottom and build your club culture and juniors rather than moan about it the hub.

Three years out of finals is hardly a record.

oz1235

Cancelled
Jan 13, 2012
Tatura
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tatura
I have to say oz that it really shits me if Tatura get extra points next year. Agree about Euroa by the way. Four years ago Tatura was humming with loads of imports, but ultimately imports generally leave. Tat paid plenly and had success.

Sides like Kyabram and Rochester have had sustained success through nurturing locals with the odd import. Rochy will be weak next year with 8 locals departing. Same thing will happen to Kyabram at some point.

Take your turn down the bottom and build your club culture and juniors rather than moan about it the hub.

Three years out of finals is hardly a record.
I argee with you sliver. I argee with any club breaking the salary cap or point cap. (Heck i am big melbourne storm fan, i have felt that pain) but the gvl have set this precedent with the swans and euroa last year. I know that most clubs in the gvl have put a request for concessions

GG Rides Again

All Australian
Apr 20, 2007
Intangible
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Speaking to a tat board member. All the signing have been 3 pointer except for young cooper who is a 5

Heard matty shannon from shepp is coming to kennel.

The committee might need to read the points system better. Movement within the league is a minimum 4 points as you get an extra point to move clubs within the league. Players over 100 games and finishing at the top of club B&F also attract extra points.

Any senior player and I'll use Grenfell as an example is 4 points. There is no other answer based on what is written as the guideline for the VCFL, UNLESS a junior player through your ranks at an earlier time. If this has not happened how do you get 3 points? Kayne Pettifer moves to United next year and he is 3 points? PLEASE GIVE ME A SPELL.
If the hub are handing out extra points to clubs who have had a bad 3 years, the points system is doomed. If points go, Salary cap does as well and everyone can then recruit whoever they want just like it used to be.
The way this is headed the GV Hub will through poor management, be the first area to destroy what the VCFL has held up as the answer to country footy woes for the last 2-3 years, in player movement and spending.

Doc Larkins

All Australian
Nov 30, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Ultra is a man with his finger on the pulse what would Grenfells motivation to go too Tat be? Does he live at Seymour? Tat needed a couple of quality forwards and a couple of silky mids most of all I thought. Is no news bad news out of United? Has Lowden officially gone? along with Spangher and Bowles.

ringo1

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 30, 2006
Williamstown/Echuca
AFL Club
Collingwood
Points system...really if we think this is going to save footy then we are off the mark. All we have are a heap of footy people spending countless hours administering this instead of putting time into the growth of the game. I'm sick of hearing about it all to be honest. I want clubs to recruit who they like and not have this topic fill the airwaves and papers . I'm done with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back