Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver Tongue

Premiership Player
Jul 25, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Tatura dropped their last two games and will start under gas against Kyabram this week. They have a tough month coming up with Kyabram, Seymour, Benalla and Echuca scheduled opponents. Their season could be determined one way or another over the next month. In my opinion I think they will slide a bit more before they stabilise. Major concern at the Kennel would have to be the lack of quality depth at the club. Interested in other's views on how the perceive the Bullies.

Hey Scribe,
I was pretty bullish about Tatura's chances coming into the season given last year's finish and the incoming players. A difficult period for the Dogs coming up ... not unlike Rochy have just been through (almost). Kyabram, Seymour, Euroa and this week Benalla.

I think for what it is worth, Tatura are on the rise, and apart from Kyabram, based upon form: Seymour, Shepparton, Euroa, Tatura, Rochester, Benalla and Echuca will be fighting for the other 5 spots in the finals.

ringo1

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 30, 2006
Williamstown/Echuca
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hey Scribe,
I was pretty bullish about Tatura's chances coming into the season given last year's finish and the incoming players. A difficult period for the Dogs coming up ... not unlike Rochy have just been through (almost). Kyabram, Seymour, Euroa and this week Benalla.

I think for what it is worth, Tatura are on the rise, and apart from Kyabram, based upon form: Seymour, Shepparton, Euroa, Tatura, Rochester, Benalla and Echuca will be fighting for the other 5 spots in the finals.
We will find out more about Echuca this weekend Silver

Doc Larkins

All Australian
Nov 30, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Hey Scribe,

Tat are on the rise frim their lowly 2015 Season but they are a long way from winning a flag at the moment. They won 7 and a Draw I think last year and I think this year they will be between 7 and 9 wins. Still lots of holes in the team and they dont have many that use the ball well consistently.

tha Freak

Club Legend
Mar 29, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Last one for you freak old son.

I couldn't quite recall what it was about you that encouraged me to respond in the manner in which I did. A smell about you. I was just rereading your efforts post-GF in 2015.

My particular favourite amongst the putrid diatribe was when you pronounced (after conjecture L Smith was leaving your club due to it's culture): 'me and Lachie (Smith) are currently arm-in-arm plotting back to back in 2015/16 ...' (8th October 2015)

Clearly Lachie achieved his ambition ... but somehow you and Benalla fell outside said plotting! You missed the memo mate!!

I think the Benalla boys should 'get around you' mate ... evidence of how little you know about your players to whom you claim such proximity of trust.
Bet when you watch scary films, you hide behind a couch and peck out to take a look every now and again. The reason you responded to me the way you did is because your a bully, have a superiority complex and can't admit your wrong.
You and Speciman have special psychic abilities that let you tell how good a footballer is playing without needing to watch them play. You are truely the X-Men mutants of the football world, amazing!
Retreat back to your hole, (typical of a bully confronted), you jingoism.
(You still didn't read that post correctly, and not worth re-hashing 2015)

TheScribe

Senior List
Aug 4, 2010
Shepparton
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hey Scribe,

Yer think your spot on Silver. They are on the rise and could possibly slip in to the finals. Given where they are coming from I think those leading the club would be very happy with a finals appearance. Just hope for them that they don't get too many injuries and then have a run of losses. Depth is a huge problem for them as their thirds have just got up and going and in my opinion there is not a lot of prospective senior players in the group. Possibly will need to look at ongoing recruitment from surrounding leagues given the restrictions that the points system will create over the next few years.

Bootz36

Club Legend
Sep 5, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Should be a huge game ringo. Imagine if the Murray Bombers get over Shepp at Victoria Park ... ? Things might be due to click against another quality side. For me, Echuca seem to have too many quality big men not to be a threat at some point.
The battle for 5 & 6 is really going to be interesting just as the battle for 2-4. For me the game of the round is Rochester vs Benalla. This is a must for both sides, but I feel Rochy need it more if they are as good as I have been suggesting. (Perhaps I need it more for the Tigers to prove my theory right?)

johnno#7

All Australian
Feb 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
The battle for 5 & 6 is really going to be interesting just as the battle for 2-4. For me the game of the round is Rochester vs Benalla. This is a must for both sides, but I feel Rochy need it more if they are as good as I have been suggesting. (Perhaps I need it more for the Tigers to prove my theory right?)

Will be an interesting game. Rochy will lose Watson and Bowen but should regain Oliver, stroobants and Aiken.

Silver Tongue

Premiership Player
Jul 25, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Got told that Watson did his hamstring 4-6 hopefully and Bowen hurt his quad not sure what the full diagnosis was with that one thou. Were both lost within minutes of each other right after half time against euroa

Ahh ... wasn't at that game but it explains the sequence of events that followed. Good to see Heater back from his calf (I think it was).

Cheers mate.

TheScribe

Senior List
Aug 4, 2010
Shepparton
AFL Club
Collingwood
Should be a huge game ringo. Imagine if the Murray Bombers get over Shepp at Victoria Park ... ? Things might be due to click against another quality side. For me, Echuca seem to have too many quality big men not to be a threat at some point.
Promise, promise promise. Echuca have always demonstrated promise over the past few years but then fell short on the pivotal games. This is a huge game for them in terms of how far they will go this year. A win and a healthy list will see them go far into the finals this year. A loss will cement them well and truely into the middle of the road teams with little prospects of really becoming a power side. I going for the Murray Bombers to get up at home in a close game. Time for the Echuca boys to stand up and deliver some big results for their great supporter group up there on the Murray.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bootz36

Club Legend
Sep 5, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Promise, promise promise. Echuca have always demonstrated promise over the past few years but then fell short on the pivotal games. This is a huge game for them in terms of how far they will go this year. A win and a healthy list will see them go far into the finals this year. A loss will cement them well and truely into the middle of the road teams with little prospects of really becoming a power side. I going for the Murray Bombers to get up at home in a close game. Time for the Echuca boys to stand up and deliver some big results for their great supporter group up there on the Murray.
Scribe I agree the Murray Bombers should win, but they are a bit like Geelong, lose the expected wins. However I am odds with you regarding how high they will finish in finals. I don't think they have enough on ball talent to make finals. Once on- ballers under pressure, they big talks don't get enough opportunities delivered how they would like it. Again another theory to be tested, intriguing opinions all around keeping us enjoying the journey.

Bootz36

Club Legend
Sep 5, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Scribe I agree the Murray Bombers should win, but they are a bit like Geelong, lose the expected wins. However I am odds with you regarding how high they will finish in finals. I don't think they have enough on ball talent to make finals. Once their on-ballers under pressure, their big talls don't get enough opportunities delivered how they would like it. Again another theory to be tested, intriguing opinions all around keeping us enjoying the journey.

TheScribe

Senior List
Aug 4, 2010
Shepparton
AFL Club
Collingwood
So four wins and a lost

Will the much talked about young big fella get a run
Big Flighty had a top game for the 18's Interleague, rucking most of the game until he just ran out of gas. Not sure if he is ready for GVFL seniors yet, but there is only one way to find out. Would struggle in the ruck against Ash but may prove a difficult match up height wise down forward. Can't wait to see the selected sides this week.

Silver Tongue

Premiership Player
Jul 25, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Big Flighty had a top game for the 18's Interleague, rucking most of the game until he just ran out of gas. Not sure if he is ready for GVFL seniors yet, but there is only one way to find out. Would struggle in the ruck against Ash but may prove a difficult match up height wise down forward. Can't wait to see the selected sides this week.

Big Sammy would do the hard yards as he has always done ... might be an interesting proposition Scribe. Up forward I mean.

Herb

Senior List
Jun 23, 2007
Deni
Other Teams
Rovers

Has got all the ability in the world, really nice young fella but I question his commitment. Says he wants it but his actions haven't backed that up. Have played footy with him and he could be something special if he got fair dinkum, but doesn't get out of second gear when he trains. He would get a lot of benefit out of the old 'train harder than you play' cliché.

MelbourneDees64

Senior List
May 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Anyone at the game yesterday can tell me how Wheeler went?

Held his own. Quite in the 1st but found his feet with a great second quarter. Standard finish to the game.
Good to see him at the next level, he will be much better player for the experience. Overall not the best out there but far from worst.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

MelbourneDees64

Senior List
May 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Seymour would get the services of Lachy Waite - Coburg, and Jake O'Brien - Port Melbourne,
Euroa could get JD's twin Will, and former Essendon listed Lachy Dalgleish - both at Footscray.

Massive ins for Euroa, if they come back to play GV. May want a weeks rest.

Not bad for the likes of Seymour. Can they give Ky a run for their money with a few ins. Any news of Xavier Dimasi...? Cleared to Seymour by the looks for things early on in the year. Hasn't played a game as of yet though? Seen him play a thirds final game at deakin, seemed a very good young player, believe on Box hill or Essendons list at VFL level. Not 100% sure.

Bootz36

Club Legend
Sep 5, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Massive ins for Euroa, if they come back to play GV. May want a weeks rest.

Not bad for the likes of Seymour. Can they give Ky a run for their money with a few ins. Any news of Xavier Dimasi...? Cleared to Seymour by the looks for things early on in the year. Hasn't played a game as of yet though? Seen him play a thirds final game at deakin, seemed a very good young player, believe on Box hill or Essendons list at VFL level. Not 100% sure.
They gave Ky a workout at The Rec last year for three quarters, so an improved team at home and an upset is a definite possibility.

johnno#7

All Australian
Feb 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Scribe I agree the Murray Bombers should win, but they are a bit like Geelong, lose the expected wins. However I am odds with you regarding how high they will finish in finals. I don't think they have enough on ball talent to make finals. Once on- ballers under pressure, they big talks don't get enough opportunities delivered how they would like it. Again another theory to be tested, intriguing opinions all around keeping us enjoying the journey.

You gone off shepp Bootz? Wouldn't say its an expected win?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back