Goulburn Valley FL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mooroopna what a fantastic win. Tasmanian Clint Riley was amazing to watch. Is he a chance for the medal I know its only early. Welldone to Ozzy and the boys. Go cats.

Finally something to crow about for the cattery!! Congrats to Ozzy, was good to see the happy faces after the game.

Maybe carbs was right about Rochy. What happened over there? A high pressure game or just poor execution from both sides?

It was a great game with plenty of physicality, wasn't any easy kicks out there. Benalla just set up better around the ball forcing quick kicks forward from Rochy were they intercepted and pushed deep forward. When Rochy could run the ball they looked way to slick - just couldn't do it often enough. Was impressed with how Pez has recovered and was great on the lead to be the Tiges focal point but the team missed Bowen.

It was a great game with plenty of physicality, wasn't any easy kicks out there. Benalla just set up better around the ball forcing quick kicks forward from Rochy were they intercepted and pushed deep forward. When Rochy could run the ball they looked way to slick - just couldn't do it often enough. Was impressed with how Pez has recovered and was great on the lead to be the Tiges focal point but the team missed Bowen.

Rochy's skills are just letting them down time and time again. Credit to Benalla, a young team with good experienced players around them who applied a heap of pressure for almost 4 quarters of footy. Both teams struggled in front of goal but Benalla found their accuracy when it mattered most. A match that could have gone either way in the end.

Rochy's skills are just letting them down time and time again. Credit to Benalla, a young team with good experienced players around them who applied a heap of pressure for almost 4 quarters of footy. Both teams struggled in front of goal but Benalla found their accuracy when it mattered most. A match that could have gone either way in the end.

Would think that the Rochy V Echuca game will signal the end of one teams finals aspirations with a loss. Never thought Rochy would be in this position but think they will get out of it and respond. If Morris and valentine are both out for Echuca I'd expect the tigers to win.

Would think that the Rochy V Echuca game will signal the end of one teams finals aspirations with a loss. Never thought Rochy would be in this position but think they will get out of it and respond. If Morris and valentine are both out for Echuca I'd expect the tigers to win.

I think at 1-4, if Rochy lose it would be hard given they play the four sides that have already beaten them again, before season's end.
Without knowing which sides they play twice, at 2-3 Echuca might absorb another loss slightly better.

Last edited:
I think at 1-4, if Rochy lose it would be hard given they play the four sides that have already beaten them again, before season's end.
Without knowing which sides they play twice, at 2-3 Echuca might absorb another loss slightly better.
I still don't believe where Rochy is on the ladder is an indicator of where they fit ranking wise among the GV teams, but their draw and current position will all but put them out of the top 4 spots. They however will be big players in forming the positions of other final contenders and will squeeze in themselves. I think I may have almost been wrong before;)

Yep, hats off to the Saints. They are obviously in the mix this year. Well done Benalla.

Wasn't at the game, but what happened in the 2's? Rochy's side was obviously depleted ... but that score seems strange given the strength of the Saints seconds over the past few years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some Seymour lads have seen that, don't believe it. But aren't happy. Let's hope it's not true.

Sorry Ultra I was apologising to roota for offering bugger all on his initial post beyond saying I would find it hard to believe ... given Seymour and Saad are flying.

I am starting to sound like bootz ... but I am comfortable with that.

Sorry Ultra I was apologising to roota for offering bugger all on his initial post beyond saying I would find it hard to believe ... given Seymour and Saad are flying.

I am starting to sound like bootz ... but I am comfortable with that.

I mean they saw the article where the peninsula club has commented. Not about you silver haha. Time will tell! With Saady firing and Jake Anderson to return, will be a handy forward half at the lions.

I mean they saw the article where the peninsula club has commented. Not about you silver haha. Time will tell! With Saady firing and Jake Anderson to return, will be a handy forward half at the lions.

I hope he is staying Ultra. Seymour needs Saad i reckon. The GV needs the legend that is Saad.

No matter how talented the small forward is (and Saad is one of the best) if they don't have a talented bigger forward alongside them, and by talented I mean they also can hurt the opposition, then the small forward can struggle against good opposition. Saad and Stroobants have both suffered at times because of this. Priest and Gemmil (and now Mueller) benefit because of the their team's ability to have a damaging bigger forward.

No matter how talented the small forward is (and Saad is one of the best) if they don't have a talented bigger forward alongside them, and by talented I mean they also can hurt the opposition, then the small forward can struggle against good opposition. Saad and Stroobants have both suffered at times because of this. Priest and Gemmil (and now Mueller) benefit because of the their team's ability to have a damaging bigger forward.
Argee with you there Bootz.

I have also noticed since Tatura game that Saad Saad average around the 50% of Seymour goals. The only time that Saad Saad was under 25% was the game between Rochester in Round 1.

So to me that show that Seymour focus too much on Saad Saad and not focus on the alternative forward. If Saad Saad goes to the Pines(and they are one of the big Frankston Clubs), Seymour would struggle easierly

Argee with you there Bootz.

I have also noticed since Tatura game that Saad Saad average around the 50% of Seymour goals. The only time that Saad Saad was under 25% was the game between Rochester in Round 1.

So to me that show that Seymour focus too much on Saad Saad and not focus on the alternative forward. If Saad Saad goes to the Pines(and they are one of the big Frankston Clubs), Seymour would struggle easierly

I think saying they would struggle is a big call. Having Saad is a luxury so you are obviously going to use him. It's like a set of knives, you're going to use your best knife because it is the best one and gets the job done the best, doesn't mean that the other knives aren't going to work, or get the job done either. 'If' they lose him they will find away. Robertson at full forward is as hard to match up on as anyone.

I think saying they would struggle is a big call. Having Saad is a luxury so you are obviously going to use him. It's like a set of knives, you're going to use your best knife because it is the best one and gets the job done the best, doesn't mean that the other knives aren't going to work, or get the job done either. 'If' they lose him they will find away. Robertson at full forward is as hard to match up on as anyone.
And if you have protected yourself well against the big carving knife, you can still get cut to ribbons by the little pairing knife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back