Goulburn Valley FL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toot Morgan played in the '92 Premiership at Rochy and won the Morrison while at the club. He was probably there for 4-5 years under Dirty Williams.

Peter Fuller was a Rochy boy who played at and coached Colbinabbin. (Won the GV league goalkicking twice) His brother David also spent time out at Colbo.

A peter fuller played up at tyntynder up home. A big full forward..same bloke you reckon?

It is a delicate balance between the GV clubs and their neighbour clubs in the other leagues. Yes Ky has been doing well but Lancaster, Tonny, Lancy etc have not been up and about recently. Merrigum had a recent streak and Lanky are to me on a successful rebuild path with local juniors. Gig has tried hard to improve this year but could fall away just as quick.
How does Rochy work in with Elmore and Colbo? All seem to be up and about lately. I was thinking clubs should have reciprocal memberships with their local clubs in other leagues. It is happening already in some places.

Would definitely say that rochy has the strongest relationship with colbo at the moment, compared to Locky or Elmore. Rochy and colbo have that reciprocal membership that your were inquiring about aswell! Seems like they are trying to build an even stronger relationship for future years.

Would definitely say that rochy has the strongest relationship with colbo at the moment, compared to Locky or Elmore. Rochy and colbo have that reciprocal membership that your were inquiring about aswell! Seems like they are trying to build an even stronger relationship for future years.
Colbo is a unique breeding area for talent. How many towns could boast two current AFL footballers with a population of 200? Barlow & McIvoy both went to the primary school. Back in the day the Colbo pub would turn over twice the number of barrels than both Rushy pubs combined, probably still does!

Colbo is a unique breeding area for talent. How many towns could boast two current AFL footballers with a population of 200? Barlow & McIvoy both went to the primary school. Back in the day the Colbo pub would turn over twice the number of barrels than both Rushy pubs combined, probably still does!

You are right on on both counts as back in the late 80's/early 90's that pub was always a trap. I recall in cricket season we used to hire a mini-bus so we could get on the sauce all night post-match. Is McIvoy son of Ray? You could add Grant Weekes the the recent list of high class contemporary footballers from Colbo.

You are right on on both counts as back in the late 80's/early 90's that pub was always a trap. I recall in cricket season we used to hire a mini-bus so we could get on the sauce all night post-match. Is McIvoy son of Ray? You could add Grant Weekes the the recent list of high class contemporary footballers from Colbo.

Moose Kerrins?

Ok ringo I will bite. Moose who?

Haha...just a colbo local I know! Woody Woodford will be all over it if he reads it! I have a theory about towns. Smaller towns produce high qualities of good footballers as there is not much else to do! Colbo have had some good bloodlines running through the town ..Sam Vale another top line product.

Haha...just a colbo local I know! Woody Woodford will be all over it if he reads it! I have a theory about towns. Smaller towns produce high qualities of good footballers as there is not much else to do! Colbo have had some good bloodlines running through the town ..Sam Vale another top line product.

Out of Auld. Is that cross-pollination?

I think you'll find that Ben is Ray's nephew.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shepp news just posted, Jason Cole (Seymour) out for the rest of the season..

Huge out for the lions, with Meredith already out for the season.
Unfortunate to hear, as I believe the best player in the comp right now.

Lions suddenly loose best 2 players and things don't look to great!

Shepp news just posted, Jason Cole (Seymour) out for the rest of the season..

Huge out for the lions, with Meredith already out for the season.
Unfortunate to hear, as I believe the best player in the comp right now.

Lions suddenly loose best 2 players and things don't look to great!
What injury does he have MD?

Toot Morgan played in the '92 Premiership at Rochy and won the Morrison while at the club. He was probably there for 4-5 years under Dirty Williams.

Peter Fuller was a Rochy boy who played at and coached Colbinabbin. (Won the GV league goalkicking twice) His brother David also spent time out at Colbo.
Toot also 2time B+F 88 and 89 at shepp united flag winning years was lucky enough to have front row seats in many of toots games what a great player he was just freakish skills On top of his Morrison I'm pretty sure he won a couple of cheatley medals to go with it Just an absolute gun !!!

Toot also 2time B+F 88 and 89 at shepp united flag winning years was lucky enough to have front row seats in many of toots games what a great player he was just freakish skills On top of his Morrison I'm pretty sure he won a couple of cheatley medals to go with it Just an absolute gun !!!
Top bloke to boot!

Recall Toot and a young Shaun Hart killing Rochy in the '89 GF. I think he felt he owed us a few years of service after that.

Last edited:
This weeks hit outs.... Im seeing no upsets and the favourite to get the win across all games.

United V Echuca - Echuca to back it up after a good win against the lions.
Euroa v Mooroopna - Euroa.
Seymour V Swans - Seymour to bounce back, will be interesting if they get some talent back in there side after last weeks game.
Ky V Benalla - Ky.....
Mansfield V Rochy - Rochy with the long trip, but believe they will still get the job done.
Tat V Shepp - Bears should win this. Tat way to up and down for my liking.

I think there is the potential for upsets Dees64.
Echuca and Euroa should win.
The Swans might just yet get two in a row with the quality Seymour outs. (Sorry Ultra)
Benalla will be punished by the champs after Ky's close win against Euroa.
Mansfield might be a potential danger game for Rochy ... but reckon the Tigers will continue their resurgence.
Tatura v Shepp is an interesting one. I reckon the Bulldogs will come out snarling after last weeks loss. Big upset.

Just putting it out there but I reckon both Echuca and Rochy will make the final six.
Seymour might be the unlucky side to finish in seventh position. Sounds like they are cruelled by injury.

Yes
I think there is the potential for upsets Dees64.
Echuca and Euroa should win.
The Swans might just yet get two in a row with the quality Seymour outs. (Sorry Ultra)
Benalla will be punished by the champs after Ky's close win against Euroa.
Mansfield might be a potential danger game for Rochy ... but reckon the Tigers will continue their resurgence.
Tatura v Shepp is an interesting one. I reckon the Bulldogs will come out snarling after last weeks loss. Big upset.

Just putting it out there but I reckon both Echuca and Rochy will make the final six.
Seymour might be the unlucky side to finish in seventh position. Sounds like they are cruelled by injury.
Yes Silver, my early call a fortnight ago that the 6 is settled looks overly optimistic.

IIRC you both had matching knee braces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back