Goulburn Valley FL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As they say in the movies "Build it and they will come". Very impressed with the facilities Tat are building on. The 2 containers they have turned into time keepers and media box look a treat. While the visitors change rooms leak and have white ant damage, they are heaps better than the smaller modern rooms under the main function room. Probably best visitor change rooms in GV, not counting Deakin as they are in fact homerooms. They are also about to renovate these rooms which were originally Tat's homerooms back in the day.
The ground was in great nick considering the rain. Players were bouncing the ball at times.
The catering is always a treat and folk are great hosts.
Yep Tat ravaged by injuries, about 15 Senior-Reserve players out according to one official.
No doubt every team vying for finals will see this break as a godsend.
Seymour have a couple of guns waiting in the wings in Cole and Meredith.
Kyabram looking forward to break too. Have Reeves, Burstin, Pell and Gemmil to squeeze in somehow. The Reserves have over 5 out as well and had to call upon old man Paulo on Sunday. The thirds couldn't even manage a full bench and had 4 quality players out who will be trying to get fit after the break.
Overall feeling I get is that clubs really missed that extra bye this year. What do people think?
I believe the above quote"build it and they will come",was the initial concept and advertising slogan from the inventor of the first vibrator.

Would've thought the top 6 will stay as is?

1 - Ky (wont loose another game, doesn't matter if they do)
2 - Bears (Easy run home will win next 2 games easily)
3 - Seymour (Saying they loose to Ky but beat Euroa, they will stay put in 3rd, if they loose both could end up 4th/5th)
4 - Euroa (Expect to win 2/3 with last game against Seymour a game for 3rd spot and to make it 3/3)
5 - Benalla (Should win 2/3 games left, with round 16 against rochy the task at hand)
6 - Rochy (Should win 2/3 games left, with round 16 against benalla the task at hand)

So looking at this the games that may change up ladder spots come finals may be..

Euroa V Seymour last round - fighting off for the all important 3rd spot. What a cracker game this one will be in the last home and away season game down at lions park! always heated clash between these two!

Rochy V Benalla round 16 - Benalla win they lock away 5th if they loose will come down to percentage for 5th spot.

My thoughts the ladder will stay pretty much as is!

Ah the old chestnut..loose, lose..'lets get loose' Let's not lose!

Come on Ringo, give him a go, Dees does a ripper job giving us all a good read and analysis every round. He was throwing the word around pretty loosely though wasn't he
I agree with you but Dees! Can't wait to watch the Euroa and Seymour game in the last round. Both should have good inclusions and well strengthened sides in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone give a match report?

What really stood out for me was benalla's lack of want to defend. The inside 50 count would have been pretty similar(I know thts not the b all and end all) meaning both sides had their fair share of the pill. In light of this thou the saints never looked like winning the game 3 goals for most of the game with 2 junk time goals at the end bringing their total to 5. Rochys defence was rock solid with the coach on the sideline lead by gledhill and cuttriss. Their midfield soundly beat Benalla as well in my opinion. So was a pretty pleasing day 3 from 3.
Luke Morgan went off and had his arm in a sling. No injuries for rochy with flaz and sammy Brennan still to come back in but lost Millard to an acl before the bye against euroa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back