Goulburn Valley FL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shepp Swans have got some Talented Kids coming through this year does anyone know anything about these young blokes and who they are etc supposed to be some very talented kids !!!!!!
I thought it was only United who had all the talented kids??? Hang on, maybe all clubs have some talent that filters through each year. Shock, horror.

Fair points all johnno. Hadn't realised Gallagher was out the door as well as Wong. Agree regarding Euroa and Echuca. Murray Bombers are the big sleepers.
Am interested in Euroa see they have picked up quite a few from the vafa. Does anyone have any info on these guys that will guide them to the top rungs of the ladder

Am interested in Euroa see they have picked up quite a few from the vafa. Does anyone have any info on these guys that will guide them to the top rungs of the ladder

Rohan Bail played 70 odd games with Melbourne until the end of 2015. JD Hayes himself will add plenty and I can't imagine Bail will be bringing mugs with him from the Ammos.

Shepp Swans have got some Talented Kids coming through this year does anyone know anything about these young blokes and who they are etc supposed to be some very talented kids !!!!!!

Two questions:
1.How do you know they are talented kids if you don't know anything about them?
2. Are you one of these 'talented kids'?

Two questions:
1.How do you know they are talented kids if you don't know anything about them?
2. Are you one of these 'talented kids'?
Two Answers
1. i heard that they have some talented young fellas coming through , and i dont know anything about them thats why i asked the question here
2. And if i was one of these talented Kids i wouldnt be wasting my time asking the question on a public forum

Two Answers
1. i heard that they have some talented young fellas coming through , and i dont know anything about them thats why i asked the question here
2. And if i was one of these talented Kids i wouldnt be wasting my time asking the question on a public forum
Looks like some of those talented kids will be getting a crack at senior footy this year. The swans have put a call out for players in the paper today, after loosing 25 senior squad players from last year. Maybe the cats won't be holding up the bottom of the ladder!

Looks like some of those talented kids will be getting a crack at senior footy this year. The swans have put a call out for players in the paper today, after loosing 25 senior squad players from last year. Maybe the cats won't be holding up the bottom of the ladder!

Why the huge turn over of players.
Things seemed to be tracking along ok there last yr.

Why the huge turn over of players.
Things seemed to be tracking along ok there last yr.

Another example of the old loyalty going out the window. Lets face it..the majority of clubs that win flags are those with the money, facilities etc. Does the points system and Salary Cap contribute to player movement? I'm not sure! Sad to see a club that won a flag 3 years ago now on struggle street.

Another example of the old loyalty going out the window. Lets face it..the majority of clubs that win flags are those with the money, facilities etc. Does the points system and Salary Cap contribute to player movement? I'm not sure! Sad to see a club that won a flag 3 years ago now on struggle street.
Can't agree with everything here Ringo. Whilst it's true that money plays a big part that's not the case at Swans. Circumstances gave unfortunately found them in a difficult position this year. They have 3 loyal boys all travelling extensively overseas. A couple of others have relocated interstate for work opportunities, one boy has returned to his home club in the O&M and a couple are staying put in the areas in which they are at uni at. I don't believe they have lost any senior boys to other local clubs so it has just been natural attrition in this case. They have recruited a few boys but they will struggle for size and depth this year. They have some good raw kids so will regroup and develop the list over the next couple of years. Loyalty definitely not the issue at Princess Park that finds them in this situation.

I dont know about money being the sole reasoning for winnings flags these days especially in many leagues.
The last couple of GVFL premierships appear to have been won by clubs that have been fortunate enough to get a large group of their own together at one time.
Clubs are generally now being run by strong business and financially minded people. I would say the success of a committee is now rightfully being judged on improvement of facilities and strength of junior programs, rather than senior premiership , more so than they ever have and it has nothing to do with either the points system or salary cap.
What those two measures do cap is the ability of clubs who get their club right off field and have a financially strong club , to recruit to be competitive , which I think is currently a major flaw. As for some reasons as we saw in the GVFL last year sometimes different clubs just don't have enough kids or quality kids.
Shepp Swans and Tat having not being able to field a 3rds side last year are likely to feel the effect for 10 years , which could be magnified by reducing the number of points which appears logical and keeping a flat rate across the league.
Everyone says money is ruining football and the footballers are to blame as they have no loyalty.
The flip side of the argument is that society has no loyalty and forces them to seek more compensation to play.
No longer can a player assume their job is safe if they get injured . Often bosses have no loyalty as he needs to get jobs done to maintain customers who are no longer loyal. If the worker ( the footballer ) gets injured the employer will take longer to get to jobs, so customers get someone else.
Players are playing the game for less time , the better ones are getting paid more no doubt about that.
However, I think clubs have got alot smarter in the last 5-10 years, especially after a few failed attempts to buy flags have severly affected clubs and the administrators at the clubs wearing some flack.
Just my view on it but I think natural progression was actually correcting excessive unsustainable player payments.

I see Sam Frawley is back at the tigers after stints at square and white hills .. Might be his chance to claim a key forward position? Shaun Williams back to Eaglehawk. Missed a spot in the GF last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tongue how are the Tigers shaping up? They seem to have been very quiet of late.
No idea really ringo old mate. I hear on the grapevine they will be similar to last year, so with Trent Bacon leaving they need a key back. Maybe ask johnno?
Reiterating what I have already posted ... You wouldn't want to be the first busted for salary cap breech.

No idea really ringo old mate. I hear on the grapevine they will be similar to last year, so with Trent Bacon leaving they need a key back. Maybe ask johnno?
Reiterating what I have already posted ... You wouldn't want to be the first busted for salary cap breech.

Further to that .. Shepp Swans ....? Are committees making decisions based upon the new decree?

Last edited:
Tongue how are the Tigers shaping up? They seem to have been very quiet of late.

One piece of good news for the Tigers is Jarryd or Jarrad or Jared Bacon is staying on .

Picked up Jezza Mundie from a Locky but would only be depth player I suggest at best.

Out from GF squad
Perry
T Bacon
S Williams
Anderson ( yr with knee)
Foott

Not sure about Oakley.

Haven't seen him on the track but some certainly training in Melbourne ( only watch a couple of times )

And some legends another yr older

In
Frawley
Mundie

Was talk of another onballer coming

One piece of good news for the Tigers is Jarryd or Jarrad or Jared Bacon is staying on .

Picked up Jezza Mundie from a Locky but would only be depth player I suggest at best.

Out from GF squad
Perry
T Bacon
S Williams
Anderson ( yr with knee)
Foott

Not sure about Oakley.

Haven't seen him on the track but some certainly training in Melbourne ( only watch a couple of times )

In
Frawley
Mundie

Oakley committed and signed
Also have signed john Harvey young 19 year old from mount pleaseant in the hdfl.
Pretty sure he went through the pio's system.
Can you tell us anything about him ringo? I personally haven't seen him before

Also have signed john Harvey young 19 year old from mount pleaseant in the hdfl.

The other "new" recruit I'm really looking forward to seeing is Perry Oliver. Half a season back and and full preseason, wonder how far back him can come

Out from GF squad
Perry
T Bacon
S Williams
Anderson ( yr with knee)
Foott

Not sure about Oakley.

In
Frawley
Mundie

Good skills Ost. Jarrad Bacons' old team mates from Redan in Ballarat reckon he is a superstar!! But apparently he needs space on a wing ... fancy that ... surely everyone need not be diesel williams.

Harvey was at Mounts last year and really should've played major league football. Would see him as a Wing/HBF who could go through the middle. Reasonably quick with a very effective left peg. Could be a handy pick up!

Last edited:
I dont know about money being the sole reasoning for winnings flags these days especially in many leagues.
The last couple of GVFL premierships appear to have been won by clubs that have been fortunate enough to get a large group of their own together at one time.
Clubs are generally now being run by strong business and financially minded people. I would say the success of a committee is now rightfully being judged on improvement of facilities and strength of junior programs, rather than senior premiership , more so than they ever have and it has nothing to do with either the points system or salary cap.
What those two measures do cap is the ability of clubs who get their club right off field and have a financially strong club , to recruit to be competitive , which I think is currently a major flaw. As for some reasons as we saw in the GVFL last year sometimes different clubs just don't have enough kids or quality kids.
Shepp Swans and Tat having not being able to field a 3rds side last year are likely to feel the effect for 10 years , which could be magnified by reducing the number of points which appears logical and keeping a flat rate across the league.
Everyone says money is ruining football and the footballers are to blame as they have no loyalty.
The flip side of the argument is that society has no loyalty and forces them to seek more compensation to play.
No longer can a player assume their job is safe if they get injured . Often bosses have no loyalty as he needs to get jobs done to maintain customers who are no longer loyal. If the worker ( the footballer ) gets injured the employer will take longer to get to jobs, so customers get someone else.
Players are playing the game for less time , the better ones are getting paid more no doubt about that.
However, I think clubs have got alot smarter in the last 5-10 years, especially after a few failed attempts to buy flags have severly affected clubs and the administrators at the clubs wearing some flack.
Just my view on it but I think natural progression was actually correcting excessive unsustainable player payments.
Pretty sure Shepp Swans feilded a U18s Team in 2016 made up of about 4 or 5 (core Group) who have been in the bushrangers programme the rest came in to help out to make sure they fielded a team and a number of above age boys stayed back to help out i think the only game they didnt play was against Rochester were they forfeited and managed to beat Seymour in the 2nd last game of the year thats what it says on the gvflWebsite...had a look on the internet at the some of these young fellas who will probabley playing Senior football this year Isiah Jones who has played 5 senior games in 2016 Jared Service who has played 10 senior games 3 games in 2015 as a 16 year old, Joel McCarten debut last year with a couple of senior games and another young fella by the name of Mitch Small who will probably play seniors this year looking at his record at Katunga and the Bushies and thats not forgetting Mitch Walsh and Billy Cooper Jayden Clarke and Jimmy Bennett ,Dont think the Swans are going to be too bad on there day this year

Pretty sure Shepp Swans feilded a U18s Team in 2016 made up of about 4 or 5 (core Group) who have been in the bushrangers programme the rest came in to help out to make sure they fielded a team and a number of above age boys stayed back to help out i think the only game they didnt play was against Rochester were they forfeited and managed to beat Seymour in the 2nd last game of the year thats what it says on the gvflWebsite...had a look on the internet at the some of these young fellas who will probabley playing Senior football this year Isiah Jones who has played 5 senior games in 2016 Jared Service who has played 10 senior games 3 games in 2015 as a 16 year old, Joel McCarten debut last year with a couple of senior games and another young fella by the name of Mitch Small who will probably play seniors this year looking at his record at Katunga and the Bushies and thats not forgetting Mitch Walsh and Billy Cooper Jayden Clarke and Jimmy Bennett ,Dont think the Swans are going to be too bad on there day this year
Jones service & McCarten all come from mooroopna don't they? How many of there kids have gone though there junior system from start to finish?

Mate sorry to say this but these kids are going to be a long way off the mark against bigger more experienced opponents. If they weren't playing regular Bushies football or were just in the program then there is a considerable gap. I just hope that you are not one of the above mentioned youngsters looking for a pat on the back!

Jones service & McCarten all come from mooroopna don't they? How many of there kids have gone though there junior system from start to finish?
looking at the website all 3 left Mooroopna at the end of the 2014 season , so im guessing they have done a fair apprenticeship under Hayden Best at the Swans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back