Goulburn Valley FL 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone here know who's going to field and Under 16's team for the GVFL for 2020?

I know Benalla & Mansfield weren't keen to do it, but what about the rest of the clubs?, will Euroa & Seymour join up, leaving the Seymour DJFL Under 16's in tatters?, or will it be just the Division One of the Shepparton DJFL with Rochester & Tatura? (which would be Echuca, Kyabram, Mooroopna, Rochester, Shepparton, Shepparton Swans, Shepparton United & Tatura).

I know it's still early days, but it'll be interesting to see how it goes, and how the league will try to schedule the Under 16's around the rest of the league (friday night games perhaps?).

Aren’t they playing Sat morning.
4 matches for the day

Early thoughts on known recruiting and exits from clubs? Obviously rumour is rumour and there are recruits/players leaving yet to be announced.

Euroa seem to be announcing plenty of recruits..
Seems like the Swans are getting some premiership players back.
Shepparton and potentially United in disarray. Late announcements of coaching and players leaving.
Rumours of several players leaving Echuca.
Sheldon and potentially several others
leaving the premiers.
No news on here from Mansfield, Seymour or Tatura.
Benalla seem to be busy recruiting.
Rochy lost Flaherty and Free and recruited a few good players.
Mooroopna... not sure.

Early thoughts on known recruiting and exits from clubs? Obviously rumour is rumour and there are recruits/players leaving yet to be announced.

Euroa seem to be announcing plenty of recruits..
Seems like the Swans are getting some premiership players back.
Shepparton and potentially United in disarray. Late announcements of coaching and players leaving.
Rumours of several players leaving Echuca.
Sheldon and potentially several others
leaving the premiers.
No news on here from Mansfield, Seymour or Tatura.
Benalla seem to be busy recruiting.
Rochy lost Flaherty and Free and recruited a few good players.
Mooroopna... not sure.
I don't think things at United are as doom and gloom as what people think. Plenty of 20 to 22 years old with 30 plus games under their belts and I know of 4 they've picked up couple more and I think they will be travelling alright. They could benefit from a revamped game style too they were a high possession play short alot of the time type team that didnt score too freely.

I don't think things at United are as doom and gloom as what people think. Plenty of 20 to 22 years old with 30 plus games under their belts and I know of 4 they've picked up couple more and I think they will be travelling alright. They could benefit from a revamped game style too they were a high possession play short alot of the time type team that didnt score too freely.

TBH...the game plan from United was terrible. It was the worst style of football I have witnessed at GV level. Country footy should be trying to get people through the gates not put them in the foetal position!

I watched a few games this year ringo perfect conditions and the winning team kicked less than 10 goals, are too many coaches trying to replicate afl game plans instead of the malcolm blight theory of just kick as many goals as possible

TBH...the game plan from United was terrible. It was the worst style of football I have witnessed at GV level. Country footy should be trying to get people through the gates not put them in the foetal position!

Finally...Shepp officially announce their joint coaches.
You’ll always get it first on BF
The same 2 we announced on here a couple of weeks back
Yes mate finally The Shepp News announces Sam and Ram as the new joint coaches we on BF announced it a couple of weeks back but then again bF is renowned to be first with footy news 🤪

I watched a few games this year ringo perfect conditions and the winning team kicked less than 10 goals, are too many coaches trying to replicate afl game plans instead of the malcolm blight theory of just kick as many goals as possible

Take the game on mate! Bottom sides in damage control, running with taggers, playing possession football to stem the carnage. Let the lads play and they may surprise at times. Coaching is a tough business so teams love to be defensive so they are always in the game but its not nearly as effective at country levels.

Take the game on mate! Bottom sides in damage control, running with taggers, playing possession football to stem the carnage. Let the lads play and they may surprise at times. Coaching is a tough business so teams love to be defensive so they are always in the game but its not nearly as effective at country levels.
Spot on ringo 👍🏻

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldnt agree more ringo, by taking the game on, it gives players more confidence in their ability and fast tracks their development

Interleague football dead as we know it! No more country championships! Soon, there will be nothing left.
Inevitable I guess. A pity though as when we had players committed to league representation it was a fabulous thing to watch. In reality the change in pathways killed it as prior to elite 18's competitions it was a chance for players to be noticed.
As a young bloke I loved watching those mighty GV teams early to mid 80's. David Code, Peter Gorski, Mick Lovison, Shane Loveless, Micky Keenan, Richard Warburton at.al.

I reckon in the southern cross tv days, in the late 80s and early 90s the gf was live on tv. There was a fair bit of pride on the line as most guys were locals trying to show whos league was better. Unfortunately those days have gone and much like the demise of state of origin, theres too much money on the line in the home & away to worry about interleague, today guys wpuld rather use the bye to go to bali or the snow

Inevitable I guess. A pity though as when we had players committed to league representation it was a fabulous thing to watch. In reality the change in pathways killed it as prior to elite 18's competitions it was a chance for players to be noticed.
As a young bloke I loved watching those mighty GV teams early to mid 80's. David Code, Peter Gorski, Mick Lovison, Shane Loveless, Micky Keenan, Richard Warburton at.al.

Geezz don’t get me going on the 80s tongue what a great era that was and just to add to that list Cooper, the Jones brothers , Harrison, Kitto , Kirkman Souter Chris Smith and the list goes on

Geezz don’t get me going on the 80s tongue what a great era that was and just to add to that list Cooper, the Jones brothers , Harrison, Kitto , Kirkman Souter Chris Smith and the list goes on
Have you jumped on the GV website and had a look at historic grand finals swoop? GVtv. Watched a bit of the '86 (I think) Berry and Deledio from Kyabram plus the Jones brothers and Smith from that great Tongala team all playing for Echuca v United.. Berry coach. Echuca must have had some healthy sponsors that year mate.

I reckon in the southern cross tv days, in the late 80s and early 90s the gf was live on tv. There was a fair bit of pride on the line as most guys were locals trying to show whos league was better. Unfortunately those days have gone and much like the demise of state of origin, theres too much money on the line in the home & away to worry about interleague, today guys wpuld rather use the bye to go to bali or the snow

I remember watching the GV playing the Mid Murray play in a div 1 grand final on tv. I had at least 3 of my cousins play for mid Murray and Vince foot rucked against his brother Peter...was awesome. Growing up I wanted to wear 2 footy jumpers..the blue and gold of my beloved Lalbert and the two blues of the Mid Murray

I remember watching the GV playing the Mid Murray play in a div 1 grand final on tv. I had at least 3 of my cousins play for mid Murray and Vince foot rucked against his brother Peter...was awesome. Growing up I wanted to wear 2 footy jumpers..the blue and gold of my beloved Lalbert and the two blues of the Mid Murray
Mid Murray actually made the Interleague final in 94/95 I reckon Roota!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back