Goulburn Valley FL 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi lads grabbed this from the vafa board..
  1. In 2017 Tutt was fully committed. Trained every week, I think he won or at least tied for the club B&F. Won coaches MVP, played in the rep team. Last year a different story. Demanding new job combined with study. Barely trained and was a shadow of the 2017 version.

This is what I was told by a current player a few weeks back but if others know more then please chime in as I don’t profess to know everything. His job (with a professional sports team that compete in a national competition) has ramped up another notch to the point that training is almost impossible and playing is a week by week proposition. Was happy to go around in the VAFA again on the basis that he he did not have to train and would play occasionally. This might be ok for SKOBs , Blues and Collegians who are loaded with a talent but for a club trying to develop young players to keep you in the top grade it is not really practical. As such he was offered coin for a few guest appearances in the bush and went with clubs blessing. Word is he will play maximum 4 or 5 games for the year.

Hi lads grabbed this from the vafa board..
  1. In 2017 Tutt was fully committed. Trained every week, I think he won or at least tied for the club B&F. Won coaches MVP, played in the rep team. Last year a different story. Demanding new job combined with study. Barely trained and was a shadow of the 2017 version.

This is what I was told by a current player a few weeks back but if others know more then please chime in as I don’t profess to know everything. His job (with a professional sports team that compete in a national competition) has ramped up another notch to the point that training is almost impossible and playing is a week by week proposition. Was happy to go around in the VAFA again on the basis that he he did not have to train and would play occasionally. This might be ok for SKOBs , Blues and Collegians who are loaded with a talent but for a club trying to develop young players to keep you in the top grade it is not really practical. As such he was offered coin for a few guest appearances in the bush and went with clubs blessing. Word is he will play maximum 4 or 5 games for the year.
Tutt is by no means a big name, obviously he has AFL experience of 40 games. However, I'm not sure about ex AFL players playing whenever they can with little training is the right way to go.

Melton grand final player Brock Kennedy is on the move.
The Bloods have cleared the VFL-experienced Kennedy to Echuca in the Goulburn Valley Football League.
A former Melton junior, Kennedy spent two seasons with Werribee Tigers before making a full-time return to the Bloods this year.
He overcame a pre-season setback to force his way back into the senior line-up mid-season. Kennedy is the only major loss for Melton to this stage.

Melton grand final player Brock Kennedy is on the move.
The Bloods have cleared the VFL-experienced Kennedy to Echuca in the Goulburn Valley Football League.
A former Melton junior, Kennedy spent two seasons with Werribee Tigers before making a full-time return to the Bloods this year.
He overcame a pre-season setback to force his way back into the senior line-up mid-season. Kennedy is the only major loss for Melton to this stage.

What league is Melton in mate?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has Angus not been listed? Wheeler will be, Kemp still trying to make the Northern Blues list. Th issue is that there are usually 15 listed AFL players any one week which makes it tough at aligned clubs.

Angus is a very good young player, would be stiff to miss out. Echuca would be a little bit rapt to have him full time.

How big is Jones mystery man? I am aware he has kicked plenty for a Moama and had a knee reco not so long ago ... but I am assuming key forward?

Pettifer, Burstin and Jones should keep rival GV defenders honest.
I’ve seen him play 4-5 times probably about 180-185 cm and roughly 90kg, haven’t seen post reco. Is he definitely at Kyabram? Bootz can you confirm?

Mooroopna advertising for an AC (playing) for 2019 with the person appointed to take over in 2020. well done to the Cats if they get the right person.
As a mooroopna supporter ringo they have to get the next appointment correct, I think Osborne was very lucky to get another year after this year, 4 wins in 3 years is not good viewing, but they have some good kids coming through they just need to keep them and continue the slow build. If they do manage to jag a high profile AC that would be a massive boost for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back