Goulburn Valley FL 2019

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Woody Woodman

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2008
Uppercomebackwest
AFL Club
Richmond
I heard a interesting story about incident at the Junior Footy finals at Mooroopna on Sunday.

The story goes..... Echuca marks the ball and the Shepparton Notre player stands on the mark, Echuca take his run up to kick the ball and shepparton Notre player turned around and pulled his pants down and gave the Echuca player a Brown Eye.

A Few laughs were made outside the fence however the Umpire had no choice to give the Yellow Card.

Anyone confirm this happened?
I can't confirm anything except that under all of the new child safety regulations, as it was a junior game, anyone who photographed, recorded, disseminated said images, laughed, smirked, failed to report etc, etc, etc could be prosecuted. As for the player, if the player concerned is ten years or older, then such an action is a criminal offence. Am I being facetious? Check the minefield that volunteer organisations have to now negotiate to tick boxes for the conscience of politicians.

SUNS

#Firethecannons
Sep 30, 2010
Goulburn Valley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning
Nothing official as yet Ringo, probably the only league in country vic to have not released it. I have heard (unofficially) that Ky v echuca week 1 will be at rochy.
Was leaked last night but removed because not finalised pending one more decision, being there is a game at Mooroopna week 1 and they want to confirm that will be under lights.

Only other thing I remember with certainty was the prelim and GF were at Deakin but no surprises there.

ringo1

Premiership Player
Jan 30, 2006
country vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
Was leaked last night but removed because not finalised pending one more decision, being there is a game at Mooroopna week 1 and they want to confirm that will be under lights.

Only other thing I remember with certainty was the prelim and GF were at Deakin but no surprises there.
Why the hell are they considering a night final? The sun is in the sky for a reason.Ridiculous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Silver Tongue

Club Legend
Jul 25, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
If he did he would only be a one point player I believe.
Soft tissue injuries might not cease even if he was playing at a lower standard and constant calf injuries are a sign the body is struggling. He would probably find a place in the AFL industry one would think ... What do you reckon ringo?

Last edited:

ringo1

Premiership Player
Jan 30, 2006
country vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
Soft tissue injuries might not cease even if he was playing at a lower standard and constant calf injuries are a sign the body is struggling. He would probably find a place in the AFL injury one would think ... What do you reckon ringo?
Mate he will get a coaching gig! To respected not to! Personally can’t see him at Ky unless like a McGlynn he plays the odd game around commitments

jon dough

Senior List
May 28, 2007
windsor
AFL Club
Essendon
Fair points but I don't think we can start having GF's at the ground of the club that finished top.
I agree but let’s be honest, the rewards for finishing top and having a great season in the gv are probably the worst in any league across country vic under the current finals system and to top it off you get through to the grand final and play a team on their home deck who just happened to get a tune up in the prelim the week before. Not to mention getting to train there and be in their home rooms despite being the lower ranked team in the GF.
Despite all of this I can only imagine the uproar if Ky were to be awarded a home final in week 1 of the finals, now that would be just unfair.
The Shepparton bias on the gv board is embarrassing. I would much prefer the granny at mooroopna.

Last edited:

ringo1

Premiership Player
Jan 30, 2006
country vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
I agree but let’s be honest, the rewards for finishing top and having a great season in the gv are probably the worst in any league across country vic under the current finals system and to top it off you get through to the grand final and play a team on their home deck who just happened to get a tune up in the prelim the week before. Not to mention getting to train there and be in their home rooms despite being the lower ranked team in the GF.
Despite all of this I can only imagine the uproar if Ky were to be awarded a home final in week 1 of the finals, now that would be just unfair.
The Shepparton bias on the gv board is embarrassing. I would much prefer the granny at mooroopna.
I totally agree with all the points above. Deakin Reserve needs a serious update. The ground and facilities are IMO outdated. Poor viewing and generally games are marred by a blustery wind. The presentations from the Grandstand are also in need of review.

onthehill24

Senior List
Feb 13, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
wombats
Very good assessment
A ky vs Echuca grand final final will put paid to any home ground advantage
Echuca May well have 3 footy teams in ?
Hey doughy what’s the extend of jordy Williams injury ?

"The Roar Is Back"

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2007
THE TAN
AFL Club
Richmond
Mooroopna , Tatura , Kyabram all better than deakin

Silver Tongue

Club Legend
Jul 25, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
It sounds like the AFL/MCG argument Jon.
Imagine what you might say if Kyabram were struggling ...

Top Bottom