Goulburn Valley FL 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash Hockey was much touted to be drafted but wasn't. Pretty sure that a Shepp News interview exists regarding his disappointment and subsequent loss of interest in footy, since reignited at local level. I'd love to see the draft age lifted to 21 and pathways being developed through existing leagues and clubs. Too many boys are put through the mill because puberty arrived early while late developers who are overlooked find something else to do. Added bonus, you can complete a trade or degree and have a qualification when the system purges you.

Last edited:
Kirby signing very interesting, wondering if anyone has any word on what Jammo is doing next year? Have heard whispers of Murray League... can anyone confirm or deny?
Also wondering what Marrone did to get suspended, was it soft, how long was he out for etc.

Kirby signing very interesting, wondering if anyone has any word on what Jammo is doing next year? Have heard whispers of Murray League... can anyone confirm or deny?
Also wondering what Marrone did to get suspended, was it soft, how long was he out for etc.
Forceful contact to the head against United is how it was described

Speaking to someone with very close connections with the umpire today. I believe umpire Moore didn’t report Marrone, but referred the incident to the tribunal or review committee (?) as he was concerned what happened. This review found he had a case to answer and a resulting suspension occurred.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Speaking to someone with very close connections with the umpire today. I believe umpire Moore didn’t report Marrone, but referred the incident to the tribunal or review committee (?) as he was concerned what happened. This review found he had a case to answer and a resulting suspension occurred.

Three umpires officiating?

I would have thought if an umpire saw it he would make a report on the spot in country footy , or is it like the AFL where they view footage and offer set penalties or refer cases to the tribunal in GV footy now ?

You wonder how many diesal williams, Gary ablett senior and nathan Buckleys are still out there, that weren't ready at 18

Ash Hockey was much touted to be drafted but wasn't. Pretty sure that a Shepp News interview exists regarding his disappointment and subsequent loss of interest in footy, since reignited at local level. I'd love to see the draft age lifted to 21 and pathways being developed through existing leagues and clubs. Too many boys are put through the mill because puberty arrived early while late developers who are overlooked find something else to do. Added bonus, you can complete a trade or degree and have a qualification when the system purges you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t go there Bootz36, you’ll have Ringo on here with another conspiracy theory about ‘THAT’ umpire and how he affected the Morrison’🤪

Don’t go there Bootz36, you’ll have Ringo on here with another conspiracy theory about ‘THAT’ umpire and how he affected the Morrison’🤪
With all due respect (and none intended), I've advocated in tribunal hearings where certain umpires have been gushed over by tribunal members as the best in the various competitions and have still got it wrong come decision time.

With all due respect (and none intended), I've advocated in tribunal hearings where certain umpires have been gushed over by tribunal members as the best in the various competitions and have still got it wrong come decision time.
That probably says more about the quality of some tribunal members as it does about anything else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back